> Newbury news.
je suis Charlie
post Dec 19 2017, 10:05 PM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,530

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Dec 19 2017, 09:45 PM) *
You do realise what millenials think? I interviewed one who thought they should "start" on 50k. They have unrealistic dreams that are going to be torn asunder. He is building a movement that will only result in civil unrest and calamity. But hey ho. You reap what you sow.

Hollywood did a film about that called 'Field of (broken) dreams' "If you build it you will weep"

"Diane, how many votes do we need?"

"Well Jeremy my little stud muffin,. We need another two million, or it might be seventy five, or there abouts".
There'll be hipsters and millennials begging on the street for their next maple and pistachio latte. Such fun.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Dec 19 2017, 10:09 PM
Post #22

Advanced Member

Member No.: 98

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Dec 19 2017, 09:45 PM) *
You do realise what millenials think? I interviewed one who thought they should "start" on 50k. They have unrealistic dreams that are going to be torn asunder. He is building a movement that will only result in civil unrest and calamity. But hey ho. You reap what you sow.

Yeah, but didn't you realise that he was hoping he didn't get the job or pay rise you were interviewing for. It would have meant giving up the benefits you lot still dole out!

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Dec 19 2017, 10:12 PM
Post #23

Advanced Member

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Dec 19 2017, 10:05 PM) *
Hollywood did a film about that called 'Field of (broken) dreams' "If you build it you will weep"

"Diane, how many votes do we need?"

"Well Jeremy my little stud muffin,. We need another two million, or it might be seventy five, or there abouts".
There'll be hipsters and millennials begging on the street for their next maple and pistachio latte. Such fun.

Come on lads, make up your minds; laugh or weep? Is this the new Tory philosophy? 'Ooh what should we do Theresa'

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Dec 19 2017, 10:23 PM
Post #24

Advanced Member

Member No.: 60

QUOTE (On the edge @ Dec 19 2017, 10:12 PM) *
Come on lads, make up your minds; laugh or weep? Is this the new Tory philosophy? 'Ooh what should we do Theresa'

I'm firmly in the laugh camp. I really am. I think its hilarious. A Corbyn government will be the defining moment of the 21st Century. It will end the UK. He seems to have stopped talking abot Venezuela for some reason. Any idea why? I understood he thought it was a brilliant example of where we should be heading.....

https://www.standard.co.uk/comment/comment/...m-a3607621.html

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Dec 19 2017, 10:29 PM
Post #25

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Dec 19 2017, 10:23 PM) *
I'm firmly in the laugh camp. I really am. I think its hilarious. A Corbyn government will be the defining moment of the 21st Century. It will end the UK. He seems to have stopped talking abot Venezuela for some reason. Any idea why? I understood he thought it was a brilliant example of where we should be heading.....

https://www.standard.co.uk/comment/comment/...m-a3607621.html

I'm with you, a right scream, all those poor little betrayed Millenials, faces all crumpled up, bottom lips trembling, just like when they found out there was no Santa Claus.

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Dec 20 2017, 07:03 AM
Post #26

Advanced Member

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Dec 19 2017, 10:29 PM) *
I'm with you, a right scream, all those poor little betrayed Millenials, faces all crumpled up, bottom lips trembling, just like when they found out there was no Santa Claus.

But there is a Mother Theresa. 'Mummy, Mummy, I'm too scared to walk out on my own Mummy because there aren't any nice Policemen anymore'
'There, there dear, Mummy will make it better'.

What a scream when the darling boy gets to see the beak for dropping his fag butts or driving his mobility trolley on the pavement. 'Mummy, Mummy, there are too many Coppers with nothing to do, Mummy, Mummy'...

Not sure which alternative will be the funniest!

laugh.gif

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Dec 20 2017, 08:56 AM
Post #27

Advanced Member

Member No.: 317

Little Timmy is going to be quite upset when mummy has to flog his inheritance to pay for her health care.

+Quote Post
Strafin
post Dec 20 2017, 10:11 AM
Post #28

Advanced Member

Member No.: 55

Do you not think you guys and your generation milked the system enough? All the stuff you've had handed to you on a plate and you're all still happy for the Tories and the well off to milk the system, but the future generation and the current workforce aren't allowed a fair deal? I just don't get it? You got bailed out for toxic mortgages, endowments and bad pension schemes. You all had access to free education and healthcare, and you could get a mortgage and buy a house on a normal wage.

You're all happy with the bribes for votes situation when you're getting free stuff. You all seem happy for the NHS to be stripped and dismantled, you're happy for the forces and public services to be cut back more and more, but don't say a word when mps get a massive rise? Or the queen gets millions to sort her house out, whilst making sure she isn't paying tax? Same with Branson he's pro Brexit so his behaviour is fine. Doesn't pay tax, sues the NHS and hes a hero. Someone struggling to feed their family and can't afford heating buys a packet of fags and you all lose your minds. Instead of allowing 16 year olds to vote we should stop the over 60s because most of them don't contribute, there futures are limited and they're not relevant in today's society!

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Dec 20 2017, 10:53 AM
Post #29

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Strafin @ Dec 20 2017, 10:11 AM) *
Do you not think you guys and your generation milked the system enough? All the stuff you've had handed to you on a plate and you're all still happy for the Tories and the well off to milk the system, but the future generation and the current workforce aren't allowed a fair deal? I just don't get it? You got bailed out for toxic mortgages, endowments and bad pension schemes. You all had access to free education and healthcare, and you could get a mortgage and buy a house on a normal wage.

You're all happy with the bribes for votes situation when you're getting free stuff. You all seem happy for the NHS to be stripped and dismantled, you're happy for the forces and public services to be cut back more and more, but don't say a word when mps get a massive rise? Or the queen gets millions to sort her house out, whilst making sure she isn't paying tax? Same with Branson he's pro Brexit so his behaviour is fine. Doesn't pay tax, sues the NHS and hes a hero. Someone struggling to feed their family and can't afford heating buys a packet of fags and you all lose your minds. Instead of allowing 16 year olds to vote we should stop the over 60s because most of them don't contribute, there futures are limited and they're not relevant in today's society!

Oooh! Someone woke up with a stiffie! No payrise again? Missus said no? What a child. Its the system mate, pure n simple, heard it all before, many times, the ranting of a millennial at its finest. Its almost as if labour had never had a chance to put things right isn't it? Oh wait! They have many many times and did they? No, lined their own fat pockets, time and time again.
Yes labour will win the next election, yes little malcontents like you and your sweaty Ilk will jeer and chuckle like the circus fools you resemble. But in four years, maybe eight, when the reality sinks in, when the left along with their puppet masters the unions have wrecked the country, wrecked education, wrecked the NHS, wrecked the banking industry, wrecked commerce then you might just realize the utter damage you've done not only to your kids lives but to their kids lives as well.
You have no idea, living in la la land! Seduced by a glittering jester who preaches equality from a stage at 'Glasto' poor, poor fools.

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Dec 20 2017, 11:17 AM
Post #30

Advanced Member

Member No.: 317

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Dec 20 2017, 10:53 AM) *
...when the left along with their puppet masters the unions (and bankers) have wrecked the country, wrecked education, wrecked the NHS, wrecked the banking industry, wrecked commerce then you might just realize the utter damage you've done not only to your kids lives but to their kids lives as well.

The Monster Raving Tories will beat them to it. However, what I think Strafin might be doing now is regretting being a former Tory member.

You have no idea, living in la la land! Seduced by a glittering jester who preaches equality from a stage at 'Glasto' poor, poor fools.

As opposed to the ‘strong and stable’ government we have now.

+Quote Post
The Hatter
post Dec 20 2017, 11:39 AM
Post #31

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,046

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Dec 20 2017, 10:53 AM) *
Oooh! Someone woke up with a stiffie! No payrise again? Missus said no? What a child. Its the system mate, pure n simple, heard it all before, many times, the ranting of a millennial at its finest. Its almost as if labour had never had a chance to put things right isn't it? Oh wait! They have many many times and did they? No, lined their own fat pockets, time and time again.
Yes labour will win the next election, yes little malcontents like you and your sweaty Ilk will jeer and chuckle like the circus fools you resemble. But in four years, maybe eight, when the reality sinks in, when the left along with their puppet masters the unions have wrecked the country, wrecked education, wrecked the NHS, wrecked the banking industry, wrecked commerce then you might just realize the utter damage you've done not only to your kids lives but to their kids lives as well.

Why don't you take your own advice and just go? Particularly as we'll have to stand alone, we can do without running the next generation down at every opportunity. If you really felt that that generation are so useless, why did you vote Brexit?

+Quote Post
x2lls
post Dec 20 2017, 11:44 AM
Post #32

Advanced Member

Member No.: 511

QUOTE (Strafin @ Dec 20 2017, 10:11 AM) *

What a load of piffle. And what's with the 'all'? No one has ever bailed me out and I have certainly not had any free stuff. If ever I DO have to rely on the state, it will have been from what I have paid in for over 45 years. If you think being over 60 makes you irrelevant, then you are an utter, utter fool. I am over 60, paid into pensions/tax/NI/ VAT/Corporation tax. I have a bloody right to help if it ever came about! As for giving children a vote, NEVER. They have no experience, are subject to peer pressure and believe all the BS labour policies are somehow going work just dandy. Kumbaya cloud cuckoo land of la la's. If we had a lot less immigration, for example, the NHS would be in better shape. We wouldn't need all the extra housing required for the same reasons.

--------------------
There their, loose loser!

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Dec 20 2017, 11:58 AM
Post #33

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Andy Capp @ Dec 20 2017, 11:17 AM) *
The Monster Raving Tories will beat them to it. However, what I think Strafin might be doing now is regretting being a former Tory member.

As opposed to the ‘strong and stable’ government we have now.

Strong and stable certainly doesn't describe your mind does it. Libtard. cool.gif

+Quote Post
Strafin
post Dec 20 2017, 12:12 PM
Post #34

Advanced Member

X2 - fair points but I bet you have had help, child benefit for example? You've also had the benefit of a free NHS and free education and economic policies that allowed you to buy a house. I'm obviously not going to tar absolutely everyone withbthe same brush I'm being generic but on this forum now there's a few elderly white men who think that other people gaining anything in life is somehow detrimental to them. They need questioning from time to time. I appreciate your reasoned response.

+Quote Post
Strafin
post Dec 20 2017, 12:15 PM
Post #35

Advanced Member

Je Suis Charlie - great response. I disagree so you launch a personal attack, fail to address any points whatsoever and you use language like "libtard". You are irrelevant and you are exactly the demographic of people ruining this country. When people don't feel they have a voice that's when extremes happen. That's why we have trump, and it's why we will end up with Corbyn

+Quote Post
Strafin
post Dec 20 2017, 12:17 PM
Post #36

Advanced Member

Andy Capp, no regrets it was a differentbparty then, but I certainly question what I was thinking back then! It does help me to understand though how any party machine can suck people in.

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Dec 20 2017, 12:37 PM
Post #37

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Strafin @ Dec 20 2017, 12:15 PM) *
Je Suis Charlie - great response. I disagree so you launch a personal attack, fail to address any points whatsoever and you use language like "libtard". You are irrelevant and you are exactly the demographic of people ruining this country. When people don't feel they have a voice that's when extremes happen. That's why we have trump, and it's why we will end up with Corbyn

So, swivel eyed loon is hilarious, but libtard is offensive. All hail the king of free speech! The right to say anything so long as it agrees with MY views. Typical lefty.

+Quote Post
Strafin
post Dec 20 2017, 12:44 PM
Post #38

Advanced Member

Where did I say swivel eyed loon was acceptable? But I probaably would argue that it is more acceptable if my defence and usual response was to resort to name calling. But it isn't...tempting though it is.

+Quote Post
Turin Machine
post Dec 20 2017, 01:02 PM
Post #39

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,104

But I'm sure you will agree, surely, that that term is used by members of this forum almost daily in response to anyone who dares to lean to the right. So it's understandable if the 'goose / gander" tactic is used?
In my turn I must say I disagree with this assumption that over sixties are irrelevant, I find it insulting and silly, like the young man who tried to tell me that my generation simply don't understand technology. To which I replied "which generation do you think gave it to you?"

--------------------
Gammon. And proud!

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Dec 20 2017, 01:48 PM
Post #40

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Turin Machine @ Dec 20 2017, 01:02 PM) *
But I'm sure you will agree, surely, that that term is used by members of this forum almost daily in response to anyone who dares to lean to the right. So it's understandable if the 'goose / gander" tactic is used?
In my turn I must say I disagree with this assumption that over sixties are irrelevant, I find it insulting and silly, like the young man who tried to tell me that my generation simply don't understand technology. To which I replied "which generation do you think gave it to you?"

Yes, the age fight is interesting. Not only did we 'give' technology, we also gave education; so arguably ingratitude could be considered our fault! Does this also mean the 'sex and drug crazed' 60's style adolescence did actually cause permanent damage?

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:14 PM