IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Sad indictment of Newbury people.
je suis Charlie
post Nov 24 2017, 08:38 AM
Post #21


Advanced Member
***

Group: Members
Posts: 1,773
Joined: 10-January 15
Member No.: 10,530



QUOTE (newres @ Nov 24 2017, 07:44 AM) *
Captain of industry my ****. laugh.gif

Goes past libtard, straight to potato!


--------------------
Like a Boss!! 😎
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Turin Machine
post Nov 24 2017, 09:07 AM
Post #22


Advanced Member
***

Group: Members
Posts: 2,299
Joined: 23-September 10
From: In the lower 40
Member No.: 1,104



New scientific discoveries!!

It has been know for some years now that modern man (homo sapiens) has within his DNA matrix a small but significant amount of neanderthal DNA, for most of us its around 2 - 4%, but startling news is now emerging that in some individuals the ratio can be even larger. Recent tests show a single test subject known only as 'newres' had a truly incredible 80% neanderthal DNA code. The remaining 20% turned out to be potato.

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
dannyboy
post Nov 24 2017, 10:09 AM
Post #23


Advanced Member
***

Group: Members
Posts: 6,052
Joined: 14-May 09
From: Bouvetøya
Member No.: 51



QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Nov 23 2017, 10:39 PM) *
But we don't know what was written though. People find the strangest things to get upset about, point in question, headteachers have been told not to call female pupils 'girls' or 'ladies' as it might cause anxiety. Seriously?



Oh, the irony.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Nov 24 2017, 11:18 AM
Post #24


Advanced Member
***

Group: Members
Posts: 769
Joined: 6-March 14
From: West Berks
Member No.: 10,341



QUOTE (Turin Machine @ Nov 24 2017, 09:07 AM) *
New scientific discoveries!!

It has been know for some years now that modern man (homo sapiens) has within his DNA matrix a small but significant amount of neanderthal DNA, for most of us its around 2 - 4%, but startling news is now emerging that in some individuals the ratio can be even larger. Recent tests show a single test subject known only as 'newres' had a truly incredible 80% neanderthal DNA code. The remaining 20% turned out to be potato.

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif


Your point is , one surmises , that Neanderthal Man was quite intelligent and probably disappeared owing to ethnic cleansing by the less than compassionate Homo Sapien . The potato on the other hand went on to be one of the most important vegetables on the planet
Remember we ALL came from a simple single cell blob , so say hello to your close cousin ...........before you eat it .


--------------------
Si non prius succederent.......... relinquere
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Nov 24 2017, 12:29 PM
Post #25


Advanced Member
***

Group: Members
Posts: 1,773
Joined: 10-January 15
Member No.: 10,530



QUOTE (Turin Machine @ Nov 24 2017, 09:07 AM) *
New scientific discoveries!!

It has been know for some years now that modern man (homo sapiens) has within his DNA matrix a small but significant amount of neanderthal DNA, for most of us its around 2 - 4%, but startling news is now emerging that in some individuals the ratio can be even larger. Recent tests show a single test subject known only as 'newres' had a truly incredible 80% neanderthal DNA code. The remaining 20% turned out to be potato.

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif


You, owe me a new keyboard. Mines full of coffee now!

Potato! laugh.gif


--------------------
Like a Boss!! 😎
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Biker1
post Nov 24 2017, 03:21 PM
Post #26


Advanced Member
***

Group: Members
Posts: 4,945
Joined: 26-May 09
Member No.: 103



QUOTE (newres @ Nov 24 2017, 08:17 AM) *
It’s called a synonym. Google it.

Ah, I see.
So the research you refer to doesn't use the term "thick" it's just a synonym you decided to use.
Again, can you direct us to this piece of research so we can adopt our own synonyms to use with it.
Thanks.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
newres
post Nov 24 2017, 05:17 PM
Post #27


Advanced Member
***

Group: Members
Posts: 1,666
Joined: 27-November 12
Member No.: 8,961



QUOTE (Biker1 @ Nov 24 2017, 03:21 PM) *
Ah, I see.
So the research you refer to doesn't use the term "thick" it's just a synonym you decided to use.
Again, can you direct us to this piece of research so we can adopt our own synonyms to use with it.
Thanks.

Even your own newspaper says you lot aren't very bright.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/art...ple-racist.html
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Nov 24 2017, 05:31 PM
Post #28


Advanced Member
***

Group: Members
Posts: 1,773
Joined: 10-January 15
Member No.: 10,530



QUOTE (newres @ Nov 24 2017, 05:17 PM) *
Even your own newspaper says you lot aren't very bright.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/art...ple-racist.html

Finished licking windows for the day then?


--------------------
Like a Boss!! 😎
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Nov 24 2017, 05:40 PM
Post #29


Advanced Member
***

Group: Members
Posts: 1,773
Joined: 10-January 15
Member No.: 10,530



QUOTE (Biker1 @ Nov 24 2017, 03:21 PM) *
Ah, I see.
So the research you refer to doesn't use the term "thick" it's just a synonym you decided to use.
Again, can you direct us to this piece of research so we can adopt our own synonyms to use with it.
Thanks.

I think pseudo science fits the bill rather well. I see he's back from his day out at the flat earth society meeting with his carer.


--------------------
Like a Boss!! 😎
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Nov 24 2017, 06:13 PM
Post #30


Advanced Member
***

Group: Members
Posts: 11,822
Joined: 3-September 09
Member No.: 317



Have all lot been out drinking or something!
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Nov 24 2017, 09:22 PM
Post #31


Advanced Member
***

Group: Members
Posts: 11,822
Joined: 3-September 09
Member No.: 317



Sorry, just got back, only there was a big queue at the takeaway; have I missed any thing?
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Nov 24 2017, 10:49 PM
Post #32


Advanced Member
***

Group: Members
Posts: 3,268
Joined: 15-May 09
From: Newbury
Member No.: 60



QUOTE (newres @ Nov 24 2017, 05:17 PM) *
Even your own newspaper says you lot aren't very bright.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/art...ple-racist.html



I liove the phrase "you lot". Reminds me of the good old days.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Turin Machine
post Nov 25 2017, 12:16 AM
Post #33


Advanced Member
***

Group: Members
Posts: 2,299
Joined: 23-September 10
From: In the lower 40
Member No.: 1,104



QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Nov 24 2017, 11:18 AM) *
Your point is , one surmises , that Neanderthal Man was quite intelligent and probably disappeared owing to ethnic cleansing by the less than compassionate Homo Sapien . The potato on the other hand went on to be one of the most important vegetables on the planet
Remember we ALL came from a simple single cell blob , so say hello to your close cousin ...........before you eat it .

Neanderthal was sadly not the brightest, not a great tool maker and had vestigial if any language skills. Today's thinking is not some kind of stone age Holocaust but rather that sapiens interbred with Neanderthals which explains the remnant DNA in our gene pool. Interestingly enough this DNA is almost absent in people of African descent. Interestingly, there are records from the Pyrenees in I believe the 18th century of sightings of what look suspiciously like a Neanderthal male. Which fits with the belief in some quarters that small pockets of ancient people still existed within the deeply forested pockets of Europe.
As you say, we all came from the same primordial ooze, it's just that the liberals are still struggling with the whole evolution bit. laugh.gif
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Biker1
post Nov 25 2017, 06:38 AM
Post #34


Advanced Member
***

Group: Members
Posts: 4,945
Joined: 26-May 09
Member No.: 103



QUOTE (newres @ Nov 24 2017, 07:17 PM) *
Even your own newspaper says you lot aren't very bright.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/art...ple-racist.html

Oh, look what I found!
https://www.snopes.com/media/notnews/iqpolitics.asp
Studies and research eh?
You can google anything these day!! laugh.gif
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Nov 25 2017, 07:50 AM
Post #35


Advanced Member
***

Group: Members
Posts: 11,822
Joined: 3-September 09
Member No.: 317



QUOTE (Biker1 @ Nov 25 2017, 06:38 AM) *
Oh, look what I found!
https://www.snopes.com/media/notnews/iqpolitics.asp
Studies and research eh?
You can google anything these day!! laugh.gif

Yes, even reports on fictitious studies!

It looks like the forum yobs have a hangover! 😋
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Turin Machine
post Nov 25 2017, 09:21 AM
Post #36


Advanced Member
***

Group: Members
Posts: 2,299
Joined: 23-September 10
From: In the lower 40
Member No.: 1,104



QUOTE (Andy Capp @ Nov 25 2017, 07:50 AM) *
Yes, even reports on fictitious studies!

It looks like the forum yobs have a hangover! 😋

At least it had the decency to tell the reader it was pseudo science, just to avoid confusion amongst the rest of the flat earth society and liberal readership.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Nov 25 2017, 10:48 AM
Post #37


Advanced Member
***

Group: Members
Posts: 769
Joined: 6-March 14
From: West Berks
Member No.: 10,341



QUOTE (Turin Machine @ Nov 25 2017, 12:16 AM) *
Neanderthal was sadly not the brightest, not a great tool maker and had vestigial if any language skills. Today's thinking is not some kind of stone age Holocaust but rather that sapiens interbred with Neanderthals which explains the remnant DNA in our gene pool. Interestingly enough this DNA is almost absent in people of African descent. Interestingly, there are records from the Pyrenees in I believe the 18th century of sightings of what look suspiciously like a Neanderthal male. Which fits with the belief in some quarters that small pockets of ancient people still existed within the deeply forested pockets of Europe.
As you say, we all came from the same primordial ooze, it's just that the liberals are still struggling with the whole evolution bit. laugh.gif


And the potato ? cool.gif


--------------------
Si non prius succederent.......... relinquere
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Nov 25 2017, 11:04 AM
Post #38


Advanced Member
***

Group: Members
Posts: 11,822
Joined: 3-September 09
Member No.: 317



QUOTE (Turin Machine @ Nov 25 2017, 09:21 AM) *
At least it had the decency to tell the reader it was pseudo science, just to avoid confusion amongst the rest of the flat earth society and liberal readership.

Pseudoscience is the missuse of science, the article appears to be simple satire and fiction, perhaps as a retaliation by right-wingers being accused of lacking certain skills others take for granted.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Turin Machine
post Nov 25 2017, 01:16 PM
Post #39


Advanced Member
***

Group: Members
Posts: 2,299
Joined: 23-September 10
From: In the lower 40
Member No.: 1,104



QUOTE (Andy Capp @ Nov 25 2017, 11:04 AM) *
Pseudoscience is the missuse of science, the article appears to be simple satire and fiction, perhaps as a retaliation by right-wingers being accused of lacking certain skills others take for granted.

Which makes the original article pseudo science.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Biker1
post Nov 25 2017, 03:07 PM
Post #40


Advanced Member
***

Group: Members
Posts: 4,945
Joined: 26-May 09
Member No.: 103



QUOTE (Turin Machine @ Nov 25 2017, 03:16 PM) *
Which makes the original article pseudo science.

Correct! wink.gif
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

 

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2018 - 06:51 PM