IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Is there much point of this or other forums anymore?
TallDarkAndHands...
post Oct 31 2018, 07:26 PM
Post #41

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 60

QUOTE (newres @ Oct 31 2018, 06:13 PM) *
Don’t let the door slam into your **** on the way out.

And now insults. Sad troll.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Oct 31 2018, 07:49 PM
Post #42

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,530

QUOTE (newres @ Oct 31 2018, 06:13 PM) *
Don’t let the door slam into your **** on the way out.

Still getting most use out of your 'Literature Degree' I see, tell me was that Tolstoy? or maybe Chekhov perhaps? No wait, wasn't it Eugene O'Neill in his acclaimed work ' Snot nosed liberal gimp throws a hissy fit?' that you've just quoted? Money well spent on that degree course methinks. laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Oct 31 2018, 09:57 PM
Post #43

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,341

Me thinks everyone doth protest to much. I may disagree in principle with most of newres views but I will defend his right to express them. Back in the day as the youngsters say we would write a letter to the Manchester Guardian's editor and await it's publication a week later, by which time the subject was out of date so very few saw fit to respond. Now mud can be flung as fast as it takes to type without actually digesting the content. EVERYONE on here has a common agenda, just the manner of achieving it is different. Be a shame if it did close but like a Morris Minor it may well corrode away no matter how we treat it.

--------------------
Si non prius succederent.......... relinquere

+Quote Post
x2lls
post Oct 31 2018, 10:00 PM
Post #44

Advanced Member

Member No.: 511

QUOTE (Andy Capp @ Sep 26 2016, 06:18 PM) *
QED.

It doesn't surprise me you haven't shown any examples of this superior debating experience, but I don't blame you as trying to pickup on an old thread is quite difficult in Facebook land.

You said:

In the main, all you have done is insult members and make hitherto groundless assertions. On one hand you resent the adversarial nature of debates on this form, then very soon you are guilty of employing those exact methods.

I'd be surprised if members of the Newbury Today forum are any different to any other group of people that like to chew the fat for a while. I also don't understand why people feel the need to have to post their grievances about this form and question why it is still used; there's room for everyone. Facebook is a convenient but facile message board, and this forum is just a corner of a pub for some regulars to have a chinwag.

AC, like it!

--------------------
There their, loose loser!

+Quote Post
x2lls
post Oct 31 2018, 10:14 PM
Post #45

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Biker1 @ Oct 31 2018, 07:07 PM) *
Perhaps best to leave him / her to it then and move on to pastures new?

And then we would have no dialogue. Another example of de platforming (that is a **** disgrace!)

I, and others have declared our allegiances and have been challenged, dare I say politely, compared to saying the same stuff on the local pages of Facebook.

--------------------

+Quote Post
x2lls
post Oct 31 2018, 10:32 PM
Post #46

Advanced Member

QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Oct 31 2018, 10:57 PM) *
Me thinks everyone doth protest too much. I may disagree in principle with most of newres views but I will defend his right to express them. Back in the day as the youngsters say we would write a letter to the Manchester Guardian's editor and await it's publication a week later, by which time the subject was out of date so very few saw fit to respond. Now mud can be flung as fast as it takes to type without actually digesting the content. EVERYONE on here has a common agenda, just the manner of achieving it is different. Be a shame if it did close but like a Morris Minor it may well corrode away no matter how we treat it.

Bold my finicky element!!

I like your points. I certainly don't want this forum to be pulled or die either. I do wonder why so many no longer contribute, as the subject matter is very sensitive to many of us. You see the same subjects on facebook, but as soon as you declare publicly your affiliation, the chance of a torrent of (Haha), leftard abuse is just staggering. I had one, not sure of gender, who said "Oh, TR supporter, I'll say no more", it went on to say more.

PS:- My first experience of a Morris Minor was the van version used by the post office. My second experience was when a mate bought one for £10 and nearly killed me and a few friends going numpty MPH around a car park and testing the brakes! Passenger seat was not fixed down!

--------------------

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Nov 1 2018, 10:56 AM
Post #47

Advanced Member

QUOTE (x2lls @ Oct 31 2018, 10:32 PM) *
Bold my finicky element!!

I like your points. I certainly don't want this forum to be pulled or die either. I do wonder why so many no longer contribute, as the subject matter is very sensitive to many of us. You see the same subjects on facebook, but as soon as you declare publicly your affiliation, the chance of a torrent of (Haha), leftard abuse is just staggering. I had one, not sure of gender, who said "Oh, TR supporter, I'll say no more", it went on to say more.

PS:- My first experience of a Morris Minor was the van version used by the post office. My second experience was when a mate bought one for £10 and nearly killed me and a few friends going numpty MPH around a car park and testing the brakes! Passenger seat was not fixed down!

When one sits down in an objective frame of mind and weighs up the left and right of the political spectrum it is difficult to separate. The left consider anything other than their take on the world as akin to sleeping with the antichrist whereas the right will take issue with anything that contravenes their supposed idealistic time in history, which is somewhere between 1850 and 1940. Both are deluded and both very dangerous in that they attract the balmpot element who lack the necessary intellect to equate the pros and cons. The whole point of any debate is to air opinions, not convert, and to that end this, and other , forums are invaluable in it allows that interaction without venturing down the pub.

Remember well when the PO used to flog their vans, (and cars), to anyone who was foolish enough to buy one as they where complete wrecks. My understanding is that they are now disposed off through a third party, but they are still wrecks. rolleyes.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
newres
post Nov 1 2018, 08:04 PM
Post #48

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,961

QUOTE (x2lls @ Oct 31 2018, 10:14 PM) *
And then we would have no dialogue. Another example of de platforming (that is a **** disgrace!)

I, and others have declared our allegiances

Sieg Heil!

Jesus, you’re a nut job. Sent any parcel bombs lately?

+Quote Post
x2lls
post Nov 1 2018, 08:50 PM
Post #49

Advanced Member

QUOTE (newres @ Nov 1 2018, 09:04 PM) *
Sieg Heil!

Jesus, you’re a nut job. Sent any parcel bombs lately?

laugh.gif laugh.gif

Well it is that time of year, what with Guy Fawkes and all that.

What was your postcode again?

--------------------

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Nov 1 2018, 11:45 PM
Post #50

Advanced Member

If everyone was to simply block Newres and deny the troll the attention he craves he'll eventually wither and die. Simple. I suspect he's just some boy with his dads computer and a fevered imagination. laugh.gif laugh.gif tongue.gif

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Nov 2 2018, 09:10 AM
Post #51

Advanced Member

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Nov 1 2018, 11:45 PM) *
If everyone was to simply block Newres and deny the troll the attention he craves he'll eventually wither and die. Simple. I suspect he's just some boy with his dads computer and a fevered imagination. laugh.gif laugh.gif tongue.gif

At best a mild distraction, at worst a complete detraction from the debate. A lot of important issues, (and a few not so), are aired on here and it just seems to degenerate into a slanging match. Banter is fine but it does get a little boring so grow up children and you may be invited to join the adult world. cool.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
newres
post Nov 2 2018, 02:25 PM
Post #52

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,961

QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Nov 2 2018, 09:10 AM) *
At best a mild distraction, at worst a complete detraction from the debate. A lot of important issues, (and a few not so), are aired on here and it just seems to degenerate into a slanging match. Banter is fine but it does get a little boring so grow up children and you may be invited to join the adult world. cool.gif

Ironic really because I've blocked JSC. If everyone blocked me life would get very boring with you all agreeing.

I think Muslims are evil.
Oh, I agree.
So do I.

Next....

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Nov 2 2018, 02:51 PM
Post #53

Advanced Member

QUOTE (newres @ Nov 2 2018, 02:25 PM) *
Ironic really because I've blocked JSC. If everyone blocked me life would get very boring with you all agreeing.

I think Muslims are evil.
Oh, I agree.
So do I.

Next....

So to the uninitiated how does "blocking" work? Does it mean you can not read his posts and visa versa? I do not recollect anyone forwarding the hypothesis that ALL muslims are evil, though there did appear to be a consensus that the islamic religion was pretty obnoxious, particularly in the context of the post, ie the lack of welfare in their designated abattoirs, female subservience, along with the diatribe expressed by it's clergy. One must have sympathy with those who find this behaviour unacceptable as they try to understand why we have to accept it even though the law is pretty clear.

--------------------

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Nov 2 2018, 05:56 PM
Post #54

Advanced Member

QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Nov 2 2018, 02:51 PM) *
So to the uninitiated how does "blocking" work? Does it mean you can not read his posts and visa versa? I do not recollect anyone forwarding the hypothesis that ALL muslims are evil, though there did appear to be a consensus that the islamic religion was pretty obnoxious, particularly in the context of the post, ie the lack of welfare in their designated abattoirs, female subservience, along with the diatribe expressed by it's clergy. One must have sympathy with those who find this behaviour unacceptable as they try to understand why we have to accept it even though the law is pretty clear.

Simply put the little twerp on your ignore list, it can post but you won't see it. Deprive the troll of oxygen.

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Nov 2 2018, 10:19 PM
Post #55

Advanced Member

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Nov 2 2018, 05:56 PM) *
Simply put the little twerp on your ignore list, it can post but you won't see it. Deprive the troll of oxygen.

Can't be bothered. I'm out. This site is done. And it was newres that destroyed it. Hope you are proud fella. Looks like we shall say nothing and all and sundry won't understand election results. Look forward to more saddo liberal tears. 😂

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Nov 2 2018, 10:25 PM
Post #56

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Nov 2 2018, 10:19 PM) *
Can't be bothered. I'm out. This site is done. And it was newres that destroyed it. Hope you are proud fella. Looks like we shall say nothing and all and sundry won't understand election results. Look forward to more saddo liberal tears. 😂

So you can't be bothered? Let the troll shut down discussion? Disappointed in you. Thought you were better than that.

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Nov 2 2018, 10:32 PM
Post #57

Advanced Member

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Nov 2 2018, 10:25 PM) *
So you can't be bothered? Let the troll shut down discussion? Disappointed in you. Thought you were better than that.

I've had a very bad week fella.

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Nov 2 2018, 10:38 PM
Post #58

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Nov 2 2018, 10:32 PM) *
I've had a very bad week fella.

Oh dear, sorry to hear that. Nothing too serious one hopes?

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Nov 3 2018, 01:28 AM
Post #59

Advanced Member

Member No.: 317

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Nov 2 2018, 05:56 PM) *

Or you could just simply not take the bait?

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Nov 3 2018, 01:30 AM
Post #60

Advanced Member

Member No.: 317

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Nov 2 2018, 10:19 PM) *

Poof! tongue.gif

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:22 AM