> Asylum seeking children in the care of West Berkshire Council
Jayjay
post Aug 6 2010, 10:16 AM
Post #221

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 357

QUOTE (Andy Capp @ Aug 5 2010, 11:39 PM) *
Yes, so I have edited your post for accuracy (or at least how I understand things about this issue).

I didn't read that in his post, but the youth might have stayed in Tilehurst before moving to foster parents.

Thank you for correcting my post. dry.gif That did not answer my question. The quote was
If you're [NWN] going to start featuring immigration costs, you need to do a proper job. WBC houses NO illegals when they land. WBC sends them to a 'safe house' in Tilehurst owned by Reading Borough Council. WBC then pays Reading for a large part of this bill.
. Either NWN invented the whole article and the young man lives in Tilehurst, or Bofem is mistaken.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Aug 6 2010, 10:48 AM
Post #222

Advanced Member

Member No.: 317

QUOTE (Jayjay @ Aug 6 2010, 11:16 AM) *
Thank you for correcting my post. dry.gif That did not answer my question. The quote was . Either NWN invented the whole article and the young man lives in Tilehurst, or Bofem is mistaken.

You asked a direct question, but your post was assuming. Bofem didn't refer to the person in his post. He asked that the NWN research the full cost to West Berkshire Council, of asylum seekers. You've made up this idea that the story is untrue in some form.

+Quote Post
Bofem
post Aug 18 2010, 11:52 AM
Post #223

Advanced Member

Member No.: 924

QUOTE (Jayjay @ Aug 5 2010, 10:24 PM) *
I think I must be reading this wrong. The young man in the OP was an illegal immigrant, i.e. he had no right to be in this country and he had passed through at least one safe country to get here. Are you saying that the story was incorrect and he was not placed with foster parents but placed in Tilehurst?

Are you User in disguise? I make no such suggestion other than to ask for more explanation of how the local asylum system works before we start criticising the cost. AFAIK, the numbers are fairly minimal. This is surprising considering the HGV tacho breaks means they're likely to make their first stop at Chieveley after landing at Dover.

--------------------
Newbury's #1 ill-informed internet poster

+Quote Post
Jayjay
post Aug 18 2010, 04:31 PM
Post #224

Advanced Member

Member No.: 357

QUOTE (Andy Capp @ Aug 6 2010, 11:48 AM) *
You asked a direct question, but your post was assuming. Bofem didn't refer to the person in his post. He asked that the NWN research the full cost to West Berkshire Council, of asylum seekers. You've made up this idea that the story is untrue in some form.

As far as I know I haven't multiple personalities. I read your post If you're [NWN] going to start featuring immigration costs, you need to do a proper job. WBC houses NO illegals when they land. WBC sends them to a 'safe house' in Tilehurst owned by Reading Borough Council. WBC then pays Reading for a large part of this bill.
as WBC sends all illegals to Tilehurst and pays Tilehurst. I could not understand why, if this is the case, NWN was saying this man was housed with foster parents in Newbury. I missed the 'when they land' part which I assume means WBC sends them to Tilehurst initially and then houses them in Newbury.

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  « < 10 11 12
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 01:46 PM