Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Police Officer assaulted
Roost
post Sep 14 2009, 04:25 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 31

12 Month community sentence and a fine for that....?

Is it any wonder that society is heading the way it is with no regard for the law or police when the weak criminal 'justice' system hands out such a miserably small punishment for this?

I know that some posters on here regularly bash the police but I hope that most will agree that this was a pitiful response by the courts to what was a vicious attack. angry.gif

--------------------
Roost

Welcome to the jungle....
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Strafin
post Sep 14 2009, 04:54 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 55

QUOTE (Roost @ Sep 14 2009, 05:25 PM) *

Is it any wonder that society is heading the way it is with no regard for the law or police when the weak criminal 'justice' system hands out such a miserably small punishment for this?

I know that some posters on here regularly bash the police but I hope that most will agree that this was a pitiful response by the courts to what was a vicious attack. angry.gif

I'll say this, it's funny how the same names appear in these stories all the time, from generation to generation. Same areas too.

+Quote Post
Guest_Bill1_*
post Sep 14 2009, 04:58 PM
Post #3

Guests

QUOTE (Roost @ Sep 14 2009, 05:25 PM) *

Quite!

Its another disgracefgul decision, see also, suspected arsonist story.

Come on Judicary GET TOUGH! angry.gif

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Sep 14 2009, 05:04 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 20

Notwithstanding Com Service is a doss.

+Quote Post
GMR
post Sep 14 2009, 05:50 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 33

QUOTE (Bill1 @ Sep 14 2009, 05:58 PM) *
Quite!

I agree... we've got to get tough.

+Quote Post
Anon2
post Sep 14 2009, 06:23 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 265

QUOTE (GMR @ Sep 14 2009, 06:50 PM) *
I agree... we've got to get tough.

My God, I find myself agreeing with you!! laugh.gif

Let's all remember the Courts pass the punishment down, the Police can only put the (alleged) offender before the court

+Quote Post
GMR
post Sep 14 2009, 06:26 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 33

QUOTE (Anon2 @ Sep 14 2009, 07:23 PM) *
My God, I find myself agreeing with you!! laugh.gif

Now you are just being offensive laugh.gif wink.gif (that was a joke before somebody dives in) smile.gif

+Quote Post
Berkshirelad
post Sep 14 2009, 10:39 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Member No.: 271

QUOTE (Bill1 @ Sep 14 2009, 05:58 PM) *
Quite!

Unfortunately, although they usually get the blame, the judiciary have their hands tied by something called sentencing guideline that come from HMG.

If you want tougher sentences, start on the politicians and civil servants not the guys following the issued guidelines.

Notwithstanding that even a community sentence will give the miscreant an criminal record for life.

+Quote Post
Biker1
post Sep 15 2009, 04:27 AM
Post #9

Advanced Member

Member No.: 103

Trouble is that as soon as a political party comes along with policies that may rectify this sad situation they are labelled as right wing extremists.

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Sep 15 2009, 07:52 AM
Post #10

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Biker1 @ Sep 15 2009, 05:27 AM) *
Trouble is that as soon as a political party comes along with policies that may rectify this sad situation they are labelled as right wing extremists.

That is because they probably are.

+Quote Post
Bloggo
post Sep 15 2009, 08:00 AM
Post #11

Advanced Member

Member No.: 41

I agree too, what a disgrace.
Something needs to be done about these lenient sentences.

On another point that concerens the arsonist allow out on bail. The Telegraph repoted the 30,000 criminals re-offend whilst omn bail. These include Rapists and Murderers.
What's going on? angry.gif

--------------------
Bloggo

+Quote Post
dannyboy
post Sep 15 2009, 09:48 AM
Post #12

Advanced Member

Member No.: 51

QUOTE (Bloggo @ Sep 15 2009, 09:00 AM) *
I agree too, what a disgrace.
Something needs to be done about these lenient sentences.

On another point that concerens the arsonist allow out on bail. The Telegraph repoted the 30,000 criminals re-offend whilst omn bail. These include Rapists and Murderers.
What's going on? angry.gif

we, ie the British People, could fix all the problems with the nation's infra structure by paying more tax.
In this instance higher tax would mean more money for more prisons to keep more people on remand.

+Quote Post
Bloggo
post Sep 15 2009, 09:53 AM
Post #13

Advanced Member

QUOTE (dannyboy @ Sep 15 2009, 10:48 AM) *
we, ie the British People, could fix all the problems with the nation's infra structure by paying more tax.
In this instance higher tax would mean more money for more prisons to keep more people on remand.

I would hope that if the money that we presently pay in tax was used more wisely and not frittered away financing an ever increasing benefits culture then perhaps there would be enough money available to address the problem.

--------------------
Bloggo

+Quote Post
Biker1
post Sep 15 2009, 04:16 PM
Post #14

Advanced Member

Member No.: 103

QUOTE (Iommi @ Sep 15 2009, 08:52 AM) *
That is because they probably are.

Then we are on a hiding to nowhere. sad.gif

You can't talk about doing something about lenient sentences and then when those who propose to do so are told they do not comply with the wishes of the people.

They either are proposing what the people want or are right wing extremists.

Which is it?

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Sep 15 2009, 04:58 PM
Post #15

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Biker1 @ Sep 15 2009, 05:16 PM) *
Then we are on a hiding to nowhere. sad.gif You can't talk about doing something about lenient sentences and then when those who propose to do so are told they do not comply with the wishes of the people. They either are proposing what the people want or are right wing extremists.
Which is it?

It isn't that some of the populist policies are extreme, but it is what lies beneath that is the problem (for many).

+Quote Post
Bloggo
post Sep 16 2009, 08:15 AM
Post #16

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Iommi @ Sep 15 2009, 05:58 PM) *
It isn't that some of the populist policies are extreme, but it is what lies beneath that is the problem (for many).

I'm not sure what this means but Labour won the last election on a mandate of 2tough on crime, tough on the causes of crime". This what the people wanted. Sadly we were lied too again.
My opinion is that the general public want tougher sentencing.

--------------------
Bloggo

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Sep 16 2009, 09:08 AM
Post #17

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Bloggo @ Sep 16 2009, 09:15 AM) *
I'm not sure what this means

See here for Post #9

but Labour won the last election on a mandate of 2tough on crime, tough on the causes of crime". This what the people wanted. Sadly we were lied too again.

They pumped more money into the system to tackle poverty, mainly child poverty - what is thought to be the cause of most crime. They also have gaoled more people than the previous government, who presided over an increase in crime. I don't therefore feel you are right to say they lied. Maybe they come up short, but to say lied is not right as far as I can see.

My opinion is that the general public want tougher sentencing.

That might be true, but I'd like also to prevent crime as well. Slinging people in gaol is an indication that everything else has failed. I'm sure that the biggest affect on crime prevention comes from the chances of being caught, rather than how stiff the penalty is.

+Quote Post
Bloggo
post Sep 16 2009, 09:34 AM
Post #18

Advanced Member

They pumped more money into the system to tackle poverty, mainly child poverty - what is thought to be the cause of most crime. They also have gaoled more people than the previous government, who presided over an increase in crime. I don't therefore feel you are right to say they lied. Maybe they come up short, but to say lied is not right as far as I can see.

After 10 years I don't see any improvement in the incidence of crime. In my opinion I think the situation has got worse with more violent crimes becoming prevalent.
That might be true, but I'd like also to prevent crime as well. Slinging people in gaol is an indication that everything else has failed. I'm sure that the biggest affect on crime prevention comes from the chances of being caught, rather than how stiff the penalty is.

I'd like to see prevention of crime as well, but I'm not. You're right in that the jails are all full is a clear indication that the Governments crime prevention program has failed.
Unless there are tougher sentences then the criminals don't care about getting caught and going to jail. Why would they. It's a cushy number for many of them.
They don't respect or understand the normal standards that the rest of us live by.

--------------------
Bloggo

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 01:31 PM