Andy Capp
post Oct 17 2012, 08:54 AM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 317

QUOTE (motormad @ Oct 17 2012, 09:06 AM) *
A good comparison Blackdog.
That's very true, some parents are lacking. Not everyone is capable of being a good parent.

I was hoping to compare to a good parent. :'-)
I would probably defend my car to the death, yes. It is that important to me.

I think you need a doctor, not a respray! tongue.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
motormad
post Oct 17 2012, 08:58 AM
Post #22

Advanced Member

Member No.: 592

A doctor, a man in white coat and spectacles to tell me to put some ice on it?!
Although I do think I have a torn ligament in my ankle so, might be worth a visit.

Let's see what they say after all!

--------------------
:p
Grammar: the difference between knowing your poop and knowing you're poop.

+Quote Post
Timbo
post Oct 17 2012, 09:01 AM
Post #23

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,715

I can't believe some people and the fact they have the nerve to do this. That damage is pretty intensive and from the pictures they look like really deep key marks, especially on the bonnet!
Feel very sorry for you mate. I'm sure it'll be looking new again when it's back from the bodyshop. Out of interest would you post up the finish of the results and review the bodyshop you used? I'm looking to have some work done myself.

+Quote Post
Nothing Much
post Oct 17 2012, 11:58 AM
Post #24

Advanced Member

Member No.: 6,171

Car vandalism is a really horrible act. It costs a lot of stress to fix.

Someone nicked the passenger door handle from an old VW2.
Someone took a screwdriver to the lock of an Audi and nicked the radio back bits.
It cost more to get new locks than the radio.

In a fairly nice area someone went on early morning binges and probably caused about £30,000
worth of damage. It seems that it was a mid 30s woman. dressed as a man, you could tell by the size of shoe!.
Someone set up a cam for his Cayenne. Which I think was featured for a spell on Daily Mail.
Pretty well everyone got keyed. The bigger ones lost wing mirrors. I got passenger side done but not too deep.
ce

+Quote Post
Baffers100
post Oct 17 2012, 12:36 PM
Post #25

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,653

That is awful. I would be absolutely fuming if that happened to my car. I can't belive that people can get to an age as either functional adults or teenagers, and think it's ok to do this to somebody else's property.

My parents had their car on the drive, and over night somebody paid them a visit and scratched the c-bomb on the door. Big 6 inch high letters, right down to base metal. They've now got securirty cameras. Seems mad that we have to resort to these measures!

Have you thought about getting one of those proximity alarms? When I lived in Cardiff there was always a car (and a right heap of a car at that) which had this flashy alarm. Whenever you'd get too close to the vehicle it would tell you to step away, or beep. Might help keep the buggers ar bay?

+Quote Post
motormad
post Oct 17 2012, 02:52 PM
Post #26

Advanced Member

NM, I saw that in the news! (the vandal you mentioned and the camera that recorded it!)

Baffers, my car has a silly CANBUS alarm which makes it very hard to tap into. I don't want to have 2 alarm systems to de-activate.
I've actually been into G7 sounds a couple of weeks ago, asking that exact question. Apparently there is a proximity alarm they can wire into the existing alarm (which by itself is very good hence why I don't want it meddled with) and also provide the proximity sensors you mention.
It costs £299, not sure if that was fitting inclusive but I'll be getting that next month (probably, depends on other things as always).

--------------------

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Oct 17 2012, 03:01 PM
Post #27

Advanced Member

RE: Proximity alarms: careful you don't make yourself new enemies! wink.gif

+Quote Post
motormad
post Oct 17 2012, 04:03 PM
Post #28

Advanced Member

Little confused there Andy. But I'm sure it will help.. Definitely on the to-buy list.

--------------------

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Oct 17 2012, 04:32 PM
Post #29

Advanced Member

Member No.: 98

Think Andy is warning against the cheap ones; like my neighbour installed. Even set off by the tooth fairy and being a deep sleeper he would keep us all wide awake in the small hours!

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
Turin Machine
post Oct 17 2012, 04:48 PM
Post #30

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,104

QUOTE (On the edge @ Oct 17 2012, 05:32 PM) *
Think Andy is warning against the cheap ones; like my neighbour installed. Even set off by the tooth fairy and being a deep sleeper he would keep us all wide awake in the small hours!

The young uns also find them irresistible.

--------------------
Gammon. And proud!

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Oct 17 2012, 04:59 PM
Post #31

Advanced Member

QUOTE (On the edge @ Oct 17 2012, 05:32 PM) *
QUOTE (Turin Machine @ Oct 17 2012, 05:48 PM) *
The young uns also find them irresistible.

Yes, alarms are a nuisance for everyone except the owner.

+Quote Post
spartacus
post Oct 17 2012, 08:11 PM
Post #32

Advanced Member

Member No.: 221

QUOTE (motormad @ Oct 16 2012, 03:37 PM) *
My car was keyed very deeply by some ****.

No idea who or why. dunno if it was targeted or random.

QUOTE (motormad @ Oct 17 2012, 09:06 AM) *
For example the car itself was £4690 when I bought it. I've spent at least 3 times that amount on it. It's a money-no-object item to me.

Of this 'nearly £15,000' you've squandered on your motor, did you by any chance rip off the standard exhaust and fit something that's capable of waking the dead?
Does your mum (where your car was parked..) live near some psychotic who works night-shifts?

Just a thought.......

QUOTE (motormad @ Oct 16 2012, 03:37 PM) *
Think it's funny? Well you can pay the bill.

Well I agree it's not funny and I won't pay the bill.... but I've got something that might help....

+Quote Post
motormad
post Oct 18 2012, 07:52 AM
Post #33

Advanced Member

Andy I believe the alarm in question is a good, quality system so shouldn't provide any issues. I would get it removed if it were giving red-herrings but it would be there to stop..
1) people in car parks brushing up against it
2) nob-heads keying it.
3) cats etc jumping on it.
so unfortunately I have to take measures to protect my pride und joy, ja?

QUOTE (spartacus @ Oct 17 2012, 09:11 PM) *
Of this 'nearly £15,000' you've squandered on your motor, did you by any chance rip off the standard exhaust and fit something that's capable of waking the dead?
Does your mum (where your car was parked..) live near some psychotic who works night-shifts?

Just a thought.......

Well, considering I was with the missus, I wasn't out late aside from moving things and even then I wasn't racing about. (home by 9ish each night)
My car does have a non-standard exhaust however it's a diesel. So only really makes a noise when on boost, or when dumping boost, which isn't going to happen in a 150 yard long residential road littered with cars and children. And even then it's not really that loud. (not like a Saxo with a blut blut fart can that's for sure!)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNKRxxt0_aU&t=0m23s

Again my point comes back, if it was disturbing someone (I'm almost certain it wasn't) then what gives them the right to key my car? As opposed to say, knock on the door? Like an adult..........
Whatever I may or may not have done nothing can detract from the fact that whatever sad, immature, thoughtless individual damaged my car vandalised someone else's property, without regard for their actions. And nothing justifys it.

Well I agree it's not funny and I won't pay the bill.... but I've got something that might help....

Must have a sense of humor failure as I didn't find that funny at all. unsure.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Baffers100
post Oct 18 2012, 07:54 AM
Post #34

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,653

T-cut won't help if the little g!ts scratched down to the metal though, seeing as it removes a layer of paint...

And considering Xjay is so fond of his car, he's hardly likely to attempt a botched repair job with a touch up pen from Halfrauds.

There's no excuse for this sort of behaviour whether or not a neighbour works nights, or is offended by the volume of his car exhaust. As long as you've a tongue in your mouth and a braincell, you should be able to raise the problem with the person in question like an adult.

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Oct 18 2012, 10:39 AM
Post #35

Advanced Member

I don't believe anyone here is condoning vandalism, I don't; however, people need to be mindful of how their actions (driving aggressively, illegal exhausts, etc) might bring themselves to the attention of others.

+Quote Post
motormad
post Oct 18 2012, 12:13 PM
Post #36

Advanced Member

That is true Andy. (and not what I was implying so sorry if that wasn't clear)
Attention brought would be the realm of the police. Through points, warnings, custodial sentances and what not.
Not some **** to scrape a key down the side of your car.

For the record I am not an "aggressive" driver. Rarely (but not never) do I push in, mainly I am the one to back off and let people through/out/merge. mainly I pootle around town going to the shops this past few months, not even part of the "car park crew" these days!
My exhaust is not illegal for the record! Although it did get an advisory on the MOT for "noise". tongue.gif

Basically anyone with an Aston Martin (which sounds much louder and nicer than my car let's be honest) should never drive their car because it "draws attention".
I'm going to sell up and buy a Kia. biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
HeatherW
post Oct 18 2012, 06:48 PM
Post #37

Advanced Member

Member No.: 988

My boyfriend got his care dented a couple of weeks ago. He complained to the police but without any evidence they could not do much. Do not people have a conscience?

+Quote Post
Spider
post Oct 18 2012, 06:55 PM
Post #38

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,832

Going by previous cases I doubt they would do much if they caught the culprit. My father had damage done to his car many years ago and all the police did was give the vandal a caution. Very unsatisfactory.

+Quote Post
x2lls
post Oct 18 2012, 10:29 PM
Post #39

Advanced Member

Member No.: 511

I think the case of vandalism is justification for the old eye for an eye situation. I would so dearly love to identify the retards who have caused damage to my property. I would then take great delight in completely destroying anything they treasured.

--------------------
There their, loose loser!

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Oct 19 2012, 10:09 AM
Post #40

Advanced Member

QUOTE (x2lls @ Oct 18 2012, 11:29 PM) *
I think the case of vandalism is justification for the [b]old eye for an eye situation[/b]. I would so dearly love to identify the retards who have caused damage to my property. I would then take great delight in completely destroying anything they treasured.

While understandable, I'm not sure vengeance is either effective or ethical.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th May 2024 - 09:12 AM