> Reading police\rail police
JeffG
post Aug 22 2009, 09:46 PM
Post #41

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 56

QUOTE (GMR @ Aug 22 2009, 07:21 PM) *
I also explained my definition of a strip search... which might be different to yours.

And probably different to everybody else's. wink.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sarah
post Aug 22 2009, 09:54 PM
Post #42

Advanced Member

Member No.: 191

QUOTE (On the edge @ Aug 22 2009, 10:35 PM) *
That's exactly what some people have been trying to tell him. Please understand many people for many different reasons have trouble expressing themselves. Equally 'expanding the truth' isn't wholly uncommon by those who have somne claim to be our betters. Nothing wrong with telling someone you think they are being economic with the facts but not to insult their and others intelligence. That is just as offensive.

Why are you having a go at me, I merely said, that in light of his post on the skatepark thread, I had a problem believing his story on this thread. How have I insulted anyones intelligence?

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Aug 22 2009, 10:00 PM
Post #43

Advanced Member

Member No.: 98

QUOTE (Chesapeake @ Aug 22 2009, 09:20 PM) *
Sarah, I congratulate you on your strength of character for saying exactly what all the more intelligent people on this forum were thinking but didn't have the guts to say (me included). He does sound a little off the wall doesn't he? wacko.gif

Not having a go at you personally, simply the continuance of this post, which appear to have coloured the subsequent responses.

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
GMR
post Aug 22 2009, 10:00 PM
Post #44

Advanced Member

Member No.: 33

QUOTE (JeffG @ Aug 22 2009, 10:46 PM) *
And probably different to everybody else's. wink.gif

True.... but is it always good to be the same? If I hadn't made such an error they'd never have picked it up and would probably have moved onto something else. At least I did my bit for Queen and country. wink.gif

+Quote Post
Sarah
post Aug 22 2009, 10:19 PM
Post #45

Advanced Member

Member No.: 191

QUOTE (On the edge @ Aug 22 2009, 11:00 PM) *
Not having a go at you personally, simply the continuance of this post, which appear to have coloured the subsequent responses.

I can't see that it has, in fact probably less so than your post about spirited discussions. Maybe we'll have to agree to disagree on this one and move on.

+Quote Post
Strafin
post Aug 22 2009, 11:05 PM
Post #46

Advanced Member

Member No.: 55

Two quick things, 1, it's pointless complaining to the pigs, they look after their own and will never admit mistakes, let alone faults. Secondly if I am wrong I apologise but it looks to me like Ossy1 and Anon123, and anon2 are all the same person, why do you keep changing your persona? It seems to be a dishonest way of trying to back yourself up and falsely claim that your points are more valid than they actually are.

+Quote Post
GMR
post Aug 22 2009, 11:22 PM
Post #47

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Strafin @ Aug 23 2009, 12:05 AM) *
Two quick things, 1, it's pointless complaining to the pigs, they look after their own and will never admit mistakes, let alone faults. Secondly if I am wrong I apologise but it looks to me like Ossy1 and Anon123, and anon2 are all the same person, why do you keep changing your persona? It seems to be a dishonest way of trying to back yourself up and falsely claim that your points are more valid than they actually are.

To be honest we don't even know if they are actual policemen/ women. They just might be fans of the Bill. They might even daydream of being policemen/ women and being on here it gives them the perfect opportunity to act out their fantasies... Or they could be pretending to be police people, but are in fact MFI (sorry, MI5) agents infiltrating themselves onto this site as ordinary Bobbies............. or they've escaped from a secure wing of one of the most famous institutions in the world: Parliament and want to observe how their subjects behaved after the recent Parliamentary cash for fiddles scandal... then again they could be who they pretend to be. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Chesapeake
post Aug 23 2009, 07:43 AM
Post #48

Advanced Member

Member No.: 205

QUOTE (On the edge @ Aug 22 2009, 11:00 PM) *

It seems that you are not having a go at Sarah personally but at Sarah and I personally. I was merely congratulating Sarah for saying what I felt many people were thinking. If you read my post again you will see that it's not Thetruth's intelligence that I refer to but the intelligence of other posters on this site. Someone who can remember so much detail several months later surely can't lack intelligence wink.gif . In my qote I also do not refer to intelligence in a negative way. tongue.gif

I DO however have to re-itterate my suspicions that Thetruth's posts are rather 'highly charged' and not in the acceptable debating vein that is usual for this forum. Most people hint at their frustrations but they thankfully do not get so explicit. It is not 'nice' to read!

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Aug 23 2009, 10:30 AM
Post #49

Advanced Member

Member No.: 98

QUOTE (Chesapeake @ Aug 23 2009, 08:43 AM) *
It seems that you are not having a go at Sarah personally but at Sarah and I personally. I was merely congratulating Sarah for saying what I felt many people were thinking. If you read my post again you will see that it's not Thetruth's intelligence that I refer to but the intelligence of other posters on this site. Someone who can remember so much detail several months later surely can't lack intelligence wink.gif . In my qote I also do not refer to intelligence in a negative way. tongue.gif

I DO however have to re-itterate my suspicions that Thetruth's posts are rather 'highly charged' and not in the acceptable debating vein that is usual for this forum. Most people hint at their frustrations but they thankfully do not get so explicit. It is not 'nice' to read!

I have no problem at all with your views on Thetruth's rather emotive account. As you say, clearly the language and tenor significantly detract from the points he's trying to make. That then achieves the exact reverse of what he's trying to do. I suppose my biggest problem was with the use of the word intelligence to differentiate those participating in this debate. I suspect I'm being overtly sensitive and splitting hairs, because as to the root of the issue in question, we seem to be in violent agreement.

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
ossy1
post Aug 23 2009, 10:48 AM
Post #50

Advanced Member

Member No.: 182

QUOTE (Strafin @ Aug 23 2009, 12:05 AM) *

I admitted being anon123, and I gave a reason why but I am NOT anon2. Strafin you just keep on prooving to me that you are exactly the type of person you express yourself to be buy the use of the word "pigs" you demonstrate that! I'm sure we have met before!

Please explain why my points are invalid? to you at least..

+Quote Post
Strafin
post Aug 23 2009, 11:10 AM
Post #51

Advanced Member

Member No.: 55

QUOTE (ossy1 @ Aug 23 2009, 11:48 AM) *
I admitted being anon123, and I gave a reason why but I am NOT anon2. Strafin you just keep on prooving to me that you are exactly the type of person you express yourself to be buy the use of the word "pigs" you demonstrate that! I'm sure we have met before!

I feel that your points are hugely biased, and refuse to actually take in what people are saying. You keep referring to situations that you weren't there for and dismissing them as not being the full story. You then changed your persona to agree with yourself - I don't buy the whole log in story you came up with. The use of the word pigs was inflammatory and inappropriate for the forum, my apologies all round for this. My other point about TVP was because the opening question on this thread asked about experiences locally with the police, it did not stick to the transport police, so nor did I - maybe you should read the opening post properly before criticising. I have to say I find your attitude agressive, and dismissive, which if reflective of your (self proclaimed) role in the police force is probably why you are all getting such bad press.

+Quote Post
JeffG
post Aug 23 2009, 11:10 AM
Post #52

Advanced Member

Member No.: 56

I'm surprised you (ossy1) even bothered responding to that offensive drivel. There's a well know saying "Don't feed the trolls."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_%28Internet%29

+Quote Post
ossy1
post Aug 23 2009, 11:17 AM
Post #53

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Strafin @ Aug 23 2009, 12:10 PM) *
I feel that your points are hugely biased, and refuse to actually take in what people are saying. You keep referring to situations that you weren't there for and dismissing them as not being the full story. You then changed your persona to agree with yourself - I don't buy the whole log in story you came up with. The use of the word pigs was inflammatory and inappropriate for the forum, my apologies all round for this. My other point about TVP was because the opening question on this thread asked about experiences locally with the police, it did not stick to the transport police, so nor did I - maybe you should read the opening post properly before criticising. I have to say I find your attitude agressive, and dismissive, which if reflective of your (self proclaimed) role in the police force is probably why you are all getting such bad press.

I am not an aggresive person but had I used some of the words you choose to use in your posts then I would understand your findings about me.

You are though very anti, so what ever I say or do will always cause you to react adversly. There are always two sides to a story but you will always choose to look at the side that berates the police and gives you further amunition to dislike them.

+Quote Post
GMR
post Aug 23 2009, 11:34 AM
Post #54

Advanced Member

QUOTE (ossy1 @ Aug 23 2009, 12:17 PM) *
I am not an aggresive person but had I used some of the words you choose to use in your posts then I would understand your findings about me.

You are though very anti, so what ever I say or do will always cause you to react adversly. There are always two sides to a story but you will always choose to look at the side that berates the police and gives you further amunition to dislike them.

If I could add my two pennyworth. There are two sides to every story.... but only one is correct. You are presuming Strafin is wrong. In fact – and knowing a few police officers – he has a point, but that doesn’t mean that there aren’t any decent coppers out there; there are and I also know quite a few of them as well (I work on NAG Committees). My daughter’s boyfriend is a police officer and he is a loyal, honest and hard working officer. As all police should be. What angers ordinary people are not the decent ones but those that behave in an unacceptable manner towards them/ society. People on here have shown you the problems they’ve had with officers when they have been in contact with them. Instead of understanding where they are coming from you defend the police force as if they are beyond reproach. At the end of the day they are human beings like anybody else and capable of corruption and being abusive. Whether you are right or wrong you do come over as aggressive person. This then adds to the fuel that is being poured onto the fire which you wish to dampen. Me personally: I am very much pro police, but anti police abuse/ bad behaviour.

+Quote Post
ossy1
post Aug 23 2009, 11:48 AM
Post #55

Advanced Member

QUOTE (GMR @ Aug 23 2009, 12:34 PM) *
If I could add my two pennyworth. There are two sides to every story.... but only one is correct. You are presuming Strafin is wrong. In fact – and knowing a few police officers – he has a point, but that doesn’t mean that there aren’t any decent coppers out there; there are and I also know quite a few of them as well (I work on NAG Committees). My daughter’s boyfriend is a police officer and he is a loyal, honest and hard working officer. As all police should be. What angers ordinary people are not the decent ones but those that behave in an unacceptable manner towards them/ society. People on here have shown you the problems they’ve had with officers when they have been in contact with them. Instead of understanding where they are coming from you defend the police force as if they are beyond reproach. At the end of the day they are human beings like anybody else and capable of corruption and being abusive. Whether you are right or wrong you do come over as aggressive person. This then adds to the fuel that is being poured onto the fire which you wish to dampen. Me personally: I am very much pro police, but anti police abuse/ bad behaviour.

Well in 8years that's the first compliant ive ever had!!! Perhaps you read me as aggresive, what i try to do is correct those on points of law that are wrong. I have never said that I am defending the police force, I am simply trying to say that thre are two sides to the story which seems to get forgotten. I personally just get fed up with reading all these posts putting the police down from people who have never done the job! If you think thats aggresive then so be it. I spend my working days working hard and dealing with death and the destruction it causes family's. I have never had a complaint from a member of public and take pride in that fact.
I have never said the police are beyond reproach. I am very aware that there are some that let the side down, who are in the wrong job etc etc, but then what organisation doesnt have them???

+Quote Post
Anon2
post Aug 23 2009, 11:51 AM
Post #56

Advanced Member

Member No.: 265

QUOTE (Rose8 @ Aug 22 2009, 06:22 PM) *
I am 100% SURE it didnt come through on our stop check YES !!! As i DIDN'T have an attitude, do you not understand me or something??!! Will you just quit harping on about my so called attitude now, its boring.

And why would the person stood on the train station, with presumably nothing to do with the 'lad in question' 'leave out bits or 'not tell the whole story ' ?? Why do you feel the people on here, when talking about the police, have problems telling the whole story exactly?! You cant / wont accept that actually the police aren't ALL squeaky clean and that actually the 'average joe on the street' MAY ACTUALLY be accurate in their description of events!

Well if your attitude was not a problem then the blame must lie squarely with the Officers concerned. Therefore make an official complaint through the proper channels and follow it through...A case of put up or shut up.....

+Quote Post
GMR
post Aug 23 2009, 11:52 AM
Post #57

Advanced Member

QUOTE (ossy1 @ Aug 23 2009, 12:48 PM) *
Well in 8years that's the first compliant ive ever had!!! Perhaps you read me as aggresive, what i try to do is correct those on points of law that are wrong. I have never said that I am defending the police force, I am simply trying to say that thre are two sides to the story which seems to get forgotten. I personally just get fed up with reading all these posts putting the police down from people who have never done the job! If you think thats aggresive then so be it. I spend my working days working hard and dealing with death and the destruction it causes family's. I have never had a complaint from a member of public and take pride in that fact.
I have never said the police are beyond reproach. I am very aware that there are some that let the side down, who are in the wrong job etc etc, but then what organisation doesnt have them???

I understand what you are saying and I shall bow to your words. I do know your input - even though some don't agree with you - is welcome on here. You give your view, they give theirs... which makes a good and clean debate.

I wish you all the best in your job and may you continue debating on here. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Anon2
post Aug 23 2009, 12:06 PM
Post #58

Advanced Member

Member No.: 265

QUOTE (ossy1 @ Aug 23 2009, 11:48 AM) *

I can assure you that I am not ossy1. I did put another comment on a related topic that people can go on patrol with the local police as a civilian observer and see for yourself how it's done and what the Police have to put up with. Also you could have a look at this story/video from last year that I found on the site - might give a small insight to it......

http://www.newburytoday.co.uk/News/Article...?articleID=8412

+Quote Post
Rose8
post Aug 24 2009, 01:36 PM
Post #59

Advanced Member

Member No.: 104

QUOTE (GMR @ Aug 23 2009, 12:34 PM) *

Well said, i have to agree that i have found this to be the case when dealing with Ossy1 also.

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Aug 24 2009, 02:55 PM
Post #60

Advanced Member

Member No.: 20

I don't think ossy1 comes across as aggressive. He does seem reluctant to criticize alleged poor police actions, but that is only to be expected.

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 12:20 PM