> Sovereign Housing 'forcing' woman to live in damp
Sarah
post Aug 29 2009, 07:48 AM
Post #81

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 191

QUOTE (Andy @ Aug 29 2009, 02:13 AM) *
It did however state that the rooms were being occupied 24/7, which infers she probably is unemployed as she's at home all the time. On the other hand she may run her own business from home, who knows?!!! rolleyes.gif

True, but apparently the bedroom was so bad, she was sleeping in the lounge, which might account for the lounge being used 24/7 comment, it being used both day and night. It doesn't necessarily mean she was at home 24/7.

Whatever the truth of the matter, the issue was Sovereign's delay in dealing with the matter, and not the girl's lifestyle.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
GMR
post Aug 29 2009, 09:15 AM
Post #82

Advanced Member

Member No.: 33

QUOTE (Sarah @ Aug 29 2009, 08:48 AM) *
True, but apparently the bedroom was so bad, she was sleeping in the lounge, which might account for the lounge being used 24/7 comment, it being used both day and night. It doesn't necessarily mean she was at home 24/7.

Whatever the truth of the matter, the issue was Sovereign's delay in dealing with the matter, and not the girl's lifestyle.

What I find annoying about all this is that the press - that is local, national and international press - never do follow ups. They start it off and then once people have wet their appetite the story vanishes... never to be heard again.

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Aug 29 2009, 09:53 AM
Post #83

Advanced Member

Member No.: 20

At the end of the day. SHA, as landlords, are duty bound to make a home habitable for tenants. It is quite possible that this person is out of work and playing the system, but that's for councils and governments to consider.

I wonder how many people who are scathing of this type of tenant were fortunate enough to have been given a good start in life that has meant they are more independent?

+Quote Post
Sarah
post Aug 29 2009, 10:24 AM
Post #84

Advanced Member

QUOTE (GMR @ Aug 29 2009, 10:15 AM) *
What I find annoying about all this is that the press - that is local, national and international press - never do follow ups. They start it off and then once people have wet their appetite the story vanishes... never to be heard again.

It's probably because good news doesn't sell newspapers.

On the whole the general public don't want to read too much good news, a bit of shock, horror and wrong doing, allows for a bit of tut tutting and a feeling that maybe we, and our lives aren't quite so bad after all.

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Aug 29 2009, 10:29 AM
Post #85

Advanced Member

Member No.: 20

This harks back to what I said earlier, how many on this board, would willingly swap circumstances with her?

+Quote Post
GMR
post Aug 29 2009, 10:32 AM
Post #86

Advanced Member

Member No.: 33

QUOTE (Sarah @ Aug 29 2009, 11:24 AM) *
It's probably because good news doesn't sell newspapers.

On the whole the general public don't want to read too much good news, a bit of shock, horror and wrong doing, allows for a bit of tut tutting and a feeling that maybe we, and our lives aren't quite so bad after all.

Exactly... crime, murder, abuse or something out of the ordinary sells papers. But when it comes to good news; unless it is sport the press won't cover it, or very rarely covers it.

+Quote Post
Sarah
post Aug 29 2009, 10:35 AM
Post #87

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Iommi @ Aug 29 2009, 10:53 AM) *
I wonder how many people who are scathing of this type of tenant were fortunate enough to have been given a good start in life that has meant they are more independent?

I would guess at there being quite a lot.

As a society we are far too judgemental, and far too quick to condemn without knowing all the facts.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 12:56 AM