> Sovereign Housing 'forcing' woman to live in damp
user23
post Aug 20 2009, 07:36 PM
Post #41

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 50

QUOTE (GMR @ Aug 20 2009, 07:47 PM) *
If you don't mind me saying User but that was a stupid question. There are a enough programmes on TV about damp and babies and the trouble it could course. With that knowledge she probably went to the doctors to check; which was a wise precaution. I am not a doctor but even I knew that.
If it's so stupid Glenn, why hasn't she have the support of her GP in what she claims.

If like yours, her medical knowledge is based a few scaremongering TV programs I'd take her opinion with a pinch of salt as I do yours.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Strafin
post Aug 20 2009, 07:41 PM
Post #42

Advanced Member

Member No.: 55

She might have, the story does not rule it out. Also the HSE, part of your beloved council, are with her, and Soveriegn have admitted there is a problem. Did you sprinkle stupid on your cornflakes this morning instead of sugar?

+Quote Post
GMR
post Aug 20 2009, 07:49 PM
Post #43

Advanced Member

Member No.: 33

If it's so stupid Glenn, why hasn't she have the support of her GP in what she claims.

Who said she hasn’t?

If like yours, her medical knowledge is based a few scaremongering TV programs I'd take her opinion with a pinch of salt as I do yours.

You miss my point again user; whether it is ‘scaremongering TV’ or not if you hear something like that you check with somebody in the know. Neither you nor I are experts, but we do know experts so we check. What we don’t do is dismiss it as ‘scaremongering TV’ until we know it is ‘scaremongering TV’.

+Quote Post
user23
post Aug 20 2009, 07:49 PM
Post #44

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Strafin @ Aug 20 2009, 08:41 PM) *
She might have, the story does not rule it out. Also the HSE, part of your beloved council, are with her, and Soveriegn have admitted there is a problem. Did you sprinkle stupid on your cornflakes this morning instead of sugar?
How rude.
QUOTE (GMR @ Aug 20 2009, 08:49 PM) *
You miss my point again user; whether it is ‘scaremongering TV’ or not if you hear something like that you check with somebody in the know. Neither you nor I are experts, but we do know experts so we check. What we don’t do is dismiss it as ‘scaremongering TV’ until we know it is ‘scaremongering TV’.
Do you seriously believe everything you see on TV? We should dismiss something as ‘scaremongering TV’ until we know it is fact.

+Quote Post
GMR
post Aug 20 2009, 07:56 PM
Post #45

Advanced Member

Do you seriously believe everything you see on TV?

No, and that is not what I said; try rereading again what I said.

Yes, we should dismiss something as ‘scaremongering TV’ until we know it is fact.

That is what I said. We should always check what we’ve been told if it is not from official channels.

+Quote Post
user23
post Aug 20 2009, 08:08 PM
Post #46

Advanced Member

QUOTE (GMR @ Aug 20 2009, 08:56 PM) *
No, and that is not what I said; try rereading again what I said.

That is what I said. We should always check what we’ve been told if it is not from official channels.
Nope that's totally opposite to "What we don’t do is dismiss it as ‘scaremongering TV’ until we know it is ‘scaremongering TV’".

What you've said there is don't dismiss anything as ‘scaremongering TV’ until you know that is, i.e. believe everything you see.

Were way off topic now anyway so I'll leave this here.

+Quote Post
Sarah
post Aug 20 2009, 08:10 PM
Post #47

Advanced Member

Member No.: 191

QUOTE (user23 @ Aug 20 2009, 06:01 PM) *
How is she qualified to judge that the damp that is affecting her health?

If it she had said her doctor had told her that would be a different matter, but she didn't, it's just her view.

Have you ever lived in a house that suffers from damp?.

I have, and it's pretty awful. For a start the smell never leaves you, your clothes and furniture are damaged and smell awful, and there is no doubt it has an effect on the health of young children, apparently it's due to the spores in the air.

Surely the issue here is that Sovereign just aren't getting on with it. All have agreed on the damp, and the girl's morals, whatever they are, have nothing to do with it.

+Quote Post
GMR
post Aug 20 2009, 08:29 PM
Post #48

Advanced Member

Nope that's totally opposite to "What we don’t do is dismiss it as ‘scaremongering TV’ until we know it is ‘scaremongering TV’".

It is the same but worded differently.

What you've said there is don't dismiss anything as ‘scaremongering TV’ until you know that is, i.e. believe everything you see.

Rubbish.... your interpretation is far out. You are the only person I know of who has problems interpreting what is written. You don't have special needs by any chance? I am not being sarcastic here, just concerned.

Were way off topic now anyway so I'll leave this here.

Running away? Typical.

+Quote Post
Strafin
post Aug 20 2009, 08:36 PM
Post #49

Advanced Member

Member No.: 55

QUOTE (GMR @ Aug 20 2009, 09:29 PM) *
It is the same but worded differently.

Rubbish.... your interpretation is far out. You are the only person I know of who has problems interpreting what is written. You don't have special needs by any chance? I am not being sarcastic here, just concerned.

Running away? Typical.

Leave it Glenn - he's not worth it! wink.gif

+Quote Post
GMR
post Aug 20 2009, 08:52 PM
Post #50

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Strafin @ Aug 20 2009, 09:36 PM) *
Leave it Glenn - he's not worth it! wink.gif

I suppose you are right; a bit like trying to milk a bull wink.gif

+Quote Post
Bloggo
post Aug 21 2009, 07:59 AM
Post #51

Advanced Member

Member No.: 41

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Aug 20 2009, 05:19 PM) *
I wondered how long it would take for the 'P' word to be banded about.
Am I Predjudiced against single girls in their teenage years with no stable relationship firing out kids so that they can claim benefits and get a house? Yes I am. I know a lot of other people that are as well.

Does that make me a bad person. I personally don't think so but as we live in a democratic society with free speech I can say as I please.

I'm with you TDH.
There are too many scoungers milking this country dry and diverting resourses from real hardship cases.
It has been reported that there are 6 million people of working age who are drawing benefits.
Something needs to be done now to curb this culture.

--------------------
Bloggo

+Quote Post
graham
post Aug 21 2009, 08:53 AM
Post #52

Advanced Member

Member No.: 80

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Aug 20 2009, 05:19 PM) *
I wondered how long it would take for the 'P' word to be banded about.
Am I Predjudiced against single girls in their teenage years with no stable relationship firing out kids so that they can claim benefits and get a house? Yes I am. I know a lot of other people that are as well.

Does that make me a bad person. I personally don't think so but as we live in a democratic society with free speech I can say as I please.

Fair play i agree! my mum lost her job last year and has been working all her life and went to citizens advice for help and because she owns her own home she couldnt get help but if it was rented they would help her pay the rent how crap is that?
But if she was a single mother looking for a place to live with no job they would house her! talk bout looking after the people who pay there way.

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Aug 21 2009, 09:22 AM
Post #53

Advanced Member

Member No.: 20

For all those that are scathing of the system that houses single girls with children, etc, (and I can agree to some extent) I ask this, would you now swap circumstances with that person?

+Quote Post
Bloggo
post Aug 21 2009, 09:34 AM
Post #54

Advanced Member

Member No.: 41

QUOTE (Iommi @ Aug 21 2009, 10:22 AM) *
For all those that are scathing of the system that houses single girls with children, etc, (and I can agree to some extent) I ask this, would you now swap circumstances with that person?

Not too sure as to the point of the question but no I wouldn't.
However I was brought up to stand on my own two feet and work to make something of myself.
Secondly it is biologically impossible.

--------------------
Bloggo

+Quote Post
graham
post Aug 21 2009, 09:51 AM
Post #55

Advanced Member

Member No.: 80

QUOTE (Iommi @ Aug 21 2009, 10:22 AM) *

Well it does seem that if you live of the state they will look after you more, than some one who works 9-5 5 days aweek. I have x2 jobs and cant get any help what so ever and ive just brought a house in the last two years and could get a look in with sovereign because i work and dont have any kids.

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Aug 21 2009, 10:19 AM
Post #56

Advanced Member

Member No.: 60

QUOTE (graham @ Aug 21 2009, 10:51 AM) *
Well it does seem that if you live of the state they will look after you more, than some one who works 9-5 5 days aweek. I have x2 jobs and cant get any help what so ever and ive just brought a house in the last two years and could get a look in with sovereign because i work and dont have any kids.

Single white working male with no kids? Your doomed mate.

+Quote Post
Sarah
post Aug 21 2009, 11:31 AM
Post #57

Advanced Member

I understand Iommi's point, what I don't understand, is how a topic about Sovereign's inability to deal with a problem of damp in one of their houses, can degenerate into unfounded attacks on the morals and lifestyle of this giirl.

Why not stick to the topic, and if certain members feel the need to have a go at single mothers start a separate thread on that issue.

It's totally unfair to have a go at this girl without any supporting evidence.

Ironic isn't it that some of these same members think we should have a referendum on the Death Penalty.

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Aug 21 2009, 11:36 AM
Post #58

Advanced Member

Member No.: 20

QUOTE (Sarah @ Aug 21 2009, 12:31 PM) *
I understand Iommi's point, what I don't understand, is how a topic about Sovereign's inability to deal with a problem of damp in one of their houses, can degenerate into unfounded attacks on the morals and lifestyle of this girl. Why not stick to the topic, and if certain members feel the need to have a go at single mothers start a separate thread on that issue. It's totally unfair to have a go at this girl without any supporting evidence. Ironic isn't it that some of these same members think we should have a referendum on the Death Penalty.

Hear, hear, my favourite post of the week.

+Quote Post
GMR
post Aug 21 2009, 11:53 AM
Post #59

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Sarah @ Aug 21 2009, 12:31 PM) *
I understand Iommi's point, what I don't understand, is how a topic about Sovereign's inability to deal with a problem of damp in one of their houses, can degenerate into unfounded attacks on the morals and lifestyle of this giirl.

Why not stick to the topic, and if certain members feel the need to have a go at single mothers start a separate thread on that issue.

It's totally unfair to have a go at this girl without any supporting evidence.

Ironic isn't it that some of these same members think we should have a referendum on the Death Penalty.

I agree in most what you say, however, the morals of a girl or not is totally different to asking for a referendum on the death penalty. Which is a totally different matter.

I do agree that there are two issues here; Sovereign and the girls morality and the topic should have been split; I did suggest that the beginning.

+Quote Post
Sarah
post Aug 21 2009, 12:07 PM
Post #60

Advanced Member

QUOTE (GMR @ Aug 21 2009, 12:53 PM) *
I agree in most what you say, however, the morals of a girl or not is totally different to asking for a referendum on the death penalty. Which is a totally different matter.

My point was, that the very people who think they are qualified to make a judgement, on whether or not we should bring back the Death Penality, are the same ones throwing around unfounded accusations about a girl who cannot even defend herself.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 05:03 PM