> dangerous taxi driver
Biker1
post Aug 10 2009, 02:35 PM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 103

QUOTE (Iommi @ Aug 10 2009, 03:04 PM) *
So it makes diddlysquat difference what you or I think. Taxi drivers argued to be excused and legislation was passed to permit this, so I would imagine they argued a reasonable case to get this.

A lot of things that are discussed on these forums make diddly squat difference when they are raised here.
That does not mean you cannot have a view.

The case for seat belts is a clear one.

They often prevents serious injury or death with the resultant trauma for relatives, friends, and the emergency services and reduce cost to the NHS.

This is no less for a taxi driver.

It's like saying a construction worker doesn't need to wear a safety helmet because it's inconvenient.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Aug 10 2009, 04:16 PM
Post #22

Advanced Member

Member No.: 20

Taxi drivers are, like some other drivers, exempt. They successfully argued their case, that to wear a seat belt was more hazardous for them than to drive without one. Unless you can provide statistics to the contrary, why not get used to the idea, I can.

+Quote Post
Biker1
post Aug 10 2009, 04:28 PM
Post #23

Advanced Member

Member No.: 103

QUOTE (Iommi @ Aug 10 2009, 05:16 PM) *
Taxi drivers are, like some other drivers, exempt.

They seem to be exempt from most other rules of the road that us mere mortals have to abide by, however I have tried to make my point but seem to have to accept this, along with many other things that I disagree with, because someone knows better! rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Aug 10 2009, 05:51 PM
Post #24

Advanced Member

Member No.: 20

QUOTE (Biker1 @ Aug 10 2009, 05:28 PM) *
They seem to be exempt from most other rules of the road that us mere mortals have to abide by, however I have tried to make my point but seem to have to accept this, along with many other things that I disagree with, because someone knows better! rolleyes.gif

There are none so blind as those who will not see! wink.gif

You don't have to accept anything, if you disagree then that's fine, but to make a statement such as yours, I think it is wise to be informed first. I'm not trying to force you to think anything.

The taxis successfully argued their case and I'd like to think that this was for good reason, so I am prepared to accept it. This might, however, not be the case. After all, Sikhs can ride a scooter without a bash hat and that isn't anything to do with H&S.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th May 2024 - 04:58 PM