Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Do black lives matter?, Do they?
je suis Charlie
post Jun 22 2020, 06:31 AM
Post #81

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,530

Three weeks on and the news cycle moves on as well. Time for all the frustrated, remainer agitators to look for something else to be outraged about. 😆
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Phil_D11102
post Jun 22 2020, 09:35 AM
Post #82

Advanced Member

Member No.: 846

Well said. But you would say that as I guess you have white privilege. Off to the re-education camp with you!

I grew up far from being rich. My parents struggled to put food on the table and clothes on our backs. Finally, with some help from family member, my parents bought a house. It was hard to keep up the payments. My Dad told me that if I wanted to hang out with my friends, go on dates, I would have to get a job on the weekends and after school. I delivered newspapers, worked in a pizzeria, was a foot courier in Manhattan, and lastly worked in a rich man's athletic club. I started off shining shoes there, because it paid a buck an hour more than minimum wage. My Dad took rent, 10 or 20 dollars depending on what I took home.

When I went to apply for college, NYC was coming out of bankruptcy. I was told I couldn't get a loan, grants, not even a travel pass as the college was 1.5 hours public transportation each way. Why, my parents were white, and the owned a house. Well, they had a mortgage and still two kids at home.

In the end I joined the Air Force, and I did pretty good out of it. I am still working in IT after 40 years from my initial training. I don't hold nothing against those who took advantage of their situations, they did what they had to do.

At the end of the day anything is possible in a democracy, as long as your willing to work at what you want to do.

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Jun 22 2020, 11:19 AM
Post #83

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,341

QUOTE (Phil_D11102 @ Jun 22 2020, 10:35 AM) *
I grew up far from being rich. My parents struggled to put food on the table and clothes on our backs. Finally, with some help from family member, my parents bought a house. It was hard to keep up the payments. My Dad told me that if I wanted to hang out with my friends, go on dates, I would have to get a job on the weekends and after school. I delivered newspapers, worked in a pizzeria, was a foot courier in Manhattan, and lastly worked in a rich man's athletic club. I started off shining shoes there, because it paid a buck an hour more than minimum wage. My Dad took rent, 10 or 20 dollars depending on what I took home.

When I went to apply for college, NYC was coming out of bankruptcy. I was told I couldn't get a loan, grants, not even a travel pass as the college was 1.5 hours public transportation each way. Why, my parents were white, and the owned a house. Well, they had a mortgage and still two kids at home.

In the end I joined the Air Force, and I did pretty good out of it. I am still working in IT after 40 years from my initial training. I don't hold nothing against those who took advantage of their situations, they did what they had to do.

At the end of the day anything is possible in a democracy, as long as your willing to work at what you want to do.

An object lesson to all, Sir. The problem, (in the UK), is that we have had over 20 years of "nanny state" politics which at best has reassured the inhabitants that whatever life throws at them there is a steel floor which will not allow them to fall, but the flip side is that the intrinsically idle are in the same system and have exploited it without a second thought to the detriment of all. Do we wish to return to a pre-war type system where the few rich lorded it over the many poor? Of course not but it did mean everyone had to take some form of employment in order to survive and those who had the aptitude were rewarded for their endeavours.
Of course this has bugger all to do with the BLM farce but it needs to be recognised in the context of slavery per se having little to do with colour but a lot with exploitation. We have strict employment laws that protect not only employees but also prospective ones which means when a candidate presents himself for consideration it will not be a skin colour that sits across the table but someone who could potentially benefit the business. This simply means that the best (wo)man gets the job. Anyone who thinks that someone is going to be turned down because of their colour/race/religion is living in cloud cuckoo land as are those who bang on about equality.

--------------------
Si non prius succederent.......... relinquere

+Quote Post
Biker1
post Jun 23 2020, 07:07 AM
Post #84

Advanced Member

Member No.: 103

QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Jun 22 2020, 12:19 PM) *
An object lesson to all, Sir. The problem, (in the UK), is that we have had over 20 years of "nanny state" politics which at best has reassured the inhabitants that whatever life throws at them there is a steel floor which will not allow them to fall, but the flip side is that the intrinsically idle are in the same system and have exploited it without a second thought to the detriment of all. Do we wish to return to a pre-war type system where the few rich lorded it over the many poor? Of course not but it did mean everyone had to take some form of employment in order to survive and those who had the aptitude were rewarded for their endeavours.
Of course this has bugger all to do with the BLM farce but it needs to be recognised in the context of slavery per se having little to do with colour but a lot with exploitation. We have strict employment laws that protect not only employees but also prospective ones which means when a candidate presents himself for consideration it will not be a skin colour that sits across the table but someone who could potentially benefit the business. This simply means that the best (wo)man gets the job. Anyone who thinks that someone is going to be turned down because of their colour/race/religion is living in cloud cuckoo land as are those who bang on about equality.

Hit the nail on the head in your usual eloquent way Sir W.! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Andy1
post Jun 23 2020, 10:02 AM
Post #85

Advanced Member

Member No.: 121

In the meantime Black people in this country continue to receive racist abuse on a daily basis, whether it be directly, indirectly. That's ok though because employment law protects you on the street. Wait sorry that's farce, it doesn't happen.

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Jun 23 2020, 10:08 AM
Post #86

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Biker1 @ Jun 23 2020, 08:07 AM) *
Hit the nail on the head in your usual eloquent way Sir W.! biggrin.gif

Take care, rumour afoot that the there is a school of thought that believes that even inanimate objects such as fastenings should be afforded respect. After all your toilet cistern now contains a float valve as opposed to a ball ****, so from now on everything will be called "George". rolleyes.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Jun 23 2020, 10:11 AM
Post #87

Advanced Member

QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Jun 23 2020, 11:08 AM) *
Take care, rumour afoot that the there is a school of thought that believes that even inanimate objects such as fastenings should be afforded respect. After all your toilet cistern now contains a float valve as opposed to a ball ****, so from now on everything will be called "George". rolleyes.gif

Forgot the censor doesn't like any form of reference to male poultry.......Must be a vegan laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Jun 23 2020, 10:14 AM
Post #88

Advanced Member

Member No.: 60

QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Jun 23 2020, 11:08 AM) *

George is a bit white "Kingy"...have to think of a better name sir..

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Jun 23 2020, 10:19 AM
Post #89

Advanced Member

Meanwhile... in the communist utopian experiment that is CHAZ or CHOP..the woke have actually set up black only zones guarded by whites..thus recreating 1980s apartheid South Africa.😂

https://mobile.twitter.com/zionist_report/s...337412181823489

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Jun 23 2020, 12:10 PM
Post #90

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Jun 23 2020, 11:14 AM) *
George is a bit white "Kingy"...have to think of a better name sir..

Leroy?

--------------------

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Jun 25 2020, 04:04 PM
Post #91

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,530

A short instructional video,
https://youtu.be/OEvMc-K8XHY

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Jun 25 2020, 06:25 PM
Post #92

Advanced Member

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Jun 25 2020, 05:04 PM) *
A short instructional video,
https://youtu.be/OEvMc-K8XHY

Oh how close to the truth this is. I particularly like the Martin Luther King quotation at the end. Not sure of the demographic involved in yesterday's London disruption that left 22 police officers requiring medical attention, but as the media was not forthcoming one assumes they weren't white middle class.
Bet even that brings a torrent of abuse. rolleyes.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Jun 25 2020, 06:42 PM
Post #93

Advanced Member

QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Jun 25 2020, 07:25 PM) *
Oh how close to the truth this is. I particularly like the Martin Luther King quotation at the end. Not sure of the demographic involved in yesterday's London disruption that left 22 police officers requiring medical attention, but as the media was not forthcoming one assumes they weren't white middle class.
Bet even that brings a torrent of abuse. rolleyes.gif

They should just have one purge night a year. No police. All crime allowed. See what's left. Just in Inner London. A pay per view event.

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Jun 25 2020, 09:02 PM
Post #94

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Jun 25 2020, 07:42 PM) *
They should just have one purge night a year. No police. All crime allowed. See what's left. Just in Inner London. A pay per view event.

Ah the old entrepreneurial spirit that this country needs as it heads to financial obliteration. I expect that p**** of a mayor will consider it part of a wider integration programme.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Turin Machine
post Jun 25 2020, 09:13 PM
Post #95

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,104

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Jun 25 2020, 06:42 PM) *

I'd buy that for a dollar!

--------------------
Gammon. And proud!

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Jun 27 2020, 08:06 AM
Post #96

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Turin Machine @ Jun 25 2020, 10:13 PM) *
I'd buy that for a dollar!

Wait a couple of years and it will be on "Dave" for free.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Jun 29 2020, 10:08 PM
Post #97

Advanced Member

Member No.: 317

There is evidence suggesting you’re wrong; this is just one example.

“ Wherever you look across society this yawning gap in the lives of the black and white population reveals itself.

In 2018, black people had the highest unemployment rate of any ethnicity at 9% – more than twice the white population at 4%. Data from the Office for National Statistics shows that, in 2018, only 66.9% of the black population was employed, versus 76.4% of the white population.
Even when they are employed, black people do not earn as much as others.

In London in 2018, ethnic minorities earned 21.7% less than the rest of the population. In the same year, the Resolution Foundation found that, overall, 1.9 million black and ethnic minority workers are paid about £3.2 billion less than their white counterparts every year.”

https://bylinetimes.com/2020/06/08/black-li...ter-in-britain/

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Jun 30 2020, 11:30 AM
Post #98

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Andy Capp @ Jun 29 2020, 11:08 PM) *

“ Wherever you look across society this yawning gap in the lives of the black and white population reveals itself.

In 2018, black people had the highest unemployment rate of any ethnicity at 9% – more than twice the white population at 4%. Data from the Office for National Statistics shows that, in 2018, only 66.9% of the black population was employed, versus 76.4% of the white population.

In London in 2018, ethnic minorities earned 21.7% less than the rest of the population. In the same year, the Resolution Foundation found that, overall, 1.9 million black and ethnic minority workers are paid about £3.2 billion less than their white counterparts every year.”

I do the same job as one of my black colleagues and he earns a lot more than me. 🤔

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Jun 30 2020, 11:41 AM
Post #99

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Andy Capp @ Jun 29 2020, 11:08 PM) *

Have you ever asked the question Why? Statistics are just numbers we use to evaluate the picture without taking into account factors that influence them. If someone can show me evidence that a white applicant will have preference over a black one of similar merit I will happily change my view, but to expect me, as an employer, to take on staff of non white appearance just to appease the loony left to the detriment of the business is plain bonkers. What the BLM and other spurious pressure groups should be concentrating on is ensuring the education system is up to standard and every family whether black ,white or khaki takes responsibility for their children to accept this and not let them drift into an anti-social grouping.
Then we really will be a fully integrated country, but I doubt to many reading this will see it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Jun 30 2020, 11:50 AM
Post #100

Advanced Member

QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Jun 30 2020, 12:41 PM) *
Have you ever asked the question Why? Statistics are just numbers we use to evaluate the picture without taking into account factors that influence them. If someone can show me evidence that a white applicant will have preference over a black one of similar merit I will happily change my view, but to expect me, as an employer, to take on staff of non white appearance just to appease the loony left to the detriment of the business is plain bonkers. What the BLM and other spurious pressure groups should be concentrating on is ensuring the education system is up to standard and every family whether black ,white or khaki takes responsibility for their children to accept this and not let them drift into an anti-social grouping.
Then we really will be a fully integrated country, but I doubt to many reading this will see it.

In other news.. the Countryside is now racist..

https://mobile.twitter.com/BBCCountryfile/s...277327639154688

Some quite funny responses to this..

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:02 AM