Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Northcroft - Rubbish
AmieB
post Jul 3 2009, 09:05 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 44

Went down Northcroft park (i know its called Godwell or something but i've always called it Northcroft Park, before someone says something), anywaaaaay, went in the park, had a walk,picnic etc and there were a group of kids/teenagers grouped together drinking and smoking joints. They were by the trees so out the way and it didn't bother me as they weren't roudy - I know what they were doing was wrong but it didn't effect what we were doing.(thats another post entirely and i used to be like that when younger) But when they went, they left ALL their rubbish. Foster boxes, beer bottles, rubbish - now that pissed me off. It was scattered everywhere. Why do people do this!! It really winds me up. We had a picnic and cleared all our rubbish away. I've always put ribbish in the bin from a young age. (Andy please dont go on about me taking my trolley back, i cant be bothered with that one again rolleyes.gif ) Leaving beer cans is dangerous for animals as well as children. angry.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
GMR
post Jul 3 2009, 09:25 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 33

QUOTE (AmieB @ Jul 3 2009, 10:05 AM) *
Went down Northcroft park (i know its called Godwell or something but i've always called it Northcroft Park, before someone says something), anywaaaaay, went in the park, had a walk,picnic etc and there were a group of kids/teenagers grouped together drinking and smoking joints. They were by the trees so out the way and it didn't bother me as they weren't roudy - I know what they were doing was wrong but it didn't effect what we were doing.(thats another post entirely and i used to be like that when younger) But when they went, they left ALL their rubbish. Foster boxes, beer bottles, rubbish - now that pissed me off. It was scattered everywhere. Why do people do this!! It really winds me up. We had a picnic and cleared all our rubbish away. I've always put ribbish in the bin from a young age. (Andy please dont go on about me taking my trolley back, i cant be bothered with that one again rolleyes.gif ) Leaving beer cans is dangerous for animals as well as children. angry.gif

I think you hit the nail on the head there Amie; you’ve “always put rubbish in the bin from a young age.” My kids were brought up the same way. Unfortunately not everybody is like you and in cases like you witnessed maybe the government should step in. There are a lot of CCTV camera’s around where you mentioned. Maybe if those people were named and shamed then people might think twice.

+Quote Post
dannyboy
post Jul 3 2009, 10:59 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 51

They are probably the same type of people who don't take their tesco trollies back. Still, it keeps the litter warden in a job

+Quote Post
Gumbo
post Jul 3 2009, 11:05 AM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 19

QUOTE (dannyboy @ Jul 3 2009, 11:59 AM) *
They are probably the same type of people who don't take their tesco trollies back. Still, it keeps the litter warden in a job

ho hum rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
AmieB
post Jul 3 2009, 11:08 AM
Post #5

Advanced Member

QUOTE (dannyboy @ Jul 3 2009, 11:59 AM) *

rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
Strafin
post Jul 3 2009, 11:27 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 55

QUOTE (AmieB @ Jul 3 2009, 10:05 AM) *
(Andy please dont go on about me taking my trolley back, i cant be bothered with that one again rolleyes.gif )

That's the whole point though, some people think it's ok to dump their trolley, some people think it's ok to dump their litter. You roll your eyes when you hear something you don't like same as the people leaving their rubbish probably would if you approached them.

+Quote Post
AmieB
post Jul 6 2009, 11:30 AM
Post #7

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Strafin @ Jul 4 2009, 12:27 AM) *
That's the whole point though, some people think it's ok to dump their trolley, some people think it's ok to dump their litter. You roll your eyes when you hear something you don't like same as the people leaving their rubbish probably would if you approached them.

I rolled my eyes as i cant be bothered to go over the whole trolley episode again, thats all.
Going over debates/posts through out each post, nipicking just gets boring.

To make you happy (because you seem to be hung up on this one) I am wrong, i should not leave my trolley in the walkway at Tesco, i know its wrong. I will try and take it back when i decide to go back shopping at chav city. Happy now, can we leave this bloody trolley lark please......

+Quote Post
Strafin
post Jul 6 2009, 04:03 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Member No.: 55

QUOTE (AmieB @ Jul 6 2009, 12:30 PM) *
I rolled my eyes as i cant be bothered to go over the whole trolley episode again, thats all.
Going over debates/posts through out each post, nipicking just gets boring.

To make you happy (because you seem to be hung up on this one) I am wrong, i should not leave my trolley in the walkway at Tesco, i know its wrong. I will try and take it back when i decide to go back shopping at chav city. Happy now, can we leave this bloody trolley lark please......

Yes we can, I think you got the point I was making.

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Jul 6 2009, 04:07 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

Member No.: 60

Northcroft - Rubbish.

The title says it all really. You did not even have to write anything.
One of my colleagues just came back from a lunchtime swim and he smelt like he had been in the 1st World War Trenches after a Chlorine gas attack!

+Quote Post
GMR
post Jul 6 2009, 08:23 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Jul 6 2009, 05:07 PM) *
Northcroft - Rubbish.

The title says it all really. You did not even have to write anything.
One of my colleagues just came back from a lunchtime swim and he smelt like he had been in the 1st World War Trenches after a Chlorine gas attack!

Was your friend/ colleague in an old people’s home? If your colleague thought he was in the “1st World War Trenches after a Chlorine gas attack!” he must be quite old to get that sensation (remembering past events). Also; if he is that old his mind and nose senses must be shot away by now... so could you realistically take his word for it? I suggest you carry on being a good friend... or colleague as you call it and continue pushing him around in circles. laugh.gif wink.gif

PS What is an old boy - who must be nearly hundred by now - doing swimming on his own in northcroft? The poor bugger could have drowned. ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
hamster
post Jul 8 2009, 09:29 AM
Post #11

Advanced Member

Member No.: 139

http://www.newburytoday.co.uk/News/Article...articleID=10483

This is happening in all the parks, even children's play areas. Wherever groups of teenagers are.

1. Clearly the bins are not big enough, emptied enough or in logical positions around our parks to encourage their use.
2. Parents have not drummed it into their kids that leaving and dropping litter is shameful

+Quote Post
Bloggo
post Jul 8 2009, 09:40 AM
Post #12

Advanced Member

Member No.: 41

QUOTE (hamster @ Jul 8 2009, 10:29 AM) *
http://www.newburytoday.co.uk/News/Article...articleID=10483

This is happening in all the parks, even children's play areas. Wherever groups of teenagers are.

1. Clearly the bins are not big enough, emptied enough or in logical positions around our parks to encourage their use.
2. Parents have not drummed it into their kids that leaving and dropping litter is shameful

I'll say it again. The law should be enforced such that there is a meaningful penalty for dropping litter.
The people who are doing this have no respect for the environment or you and I and no amount of"education" will change that.
It's too late!!!

--------------------
Bloggo

+Quote Post
JMH
post Jul 8 2009, 09:56 AM
Post #13

Advanced Member

Member No.: 133

QUOTE (GMR @ Jul 6 2009, 09:23 PM) *
Was your friend/ colleague in an old people’s home? If your colleague thought he was in the “1st World War Trenches after a Chlorine gas attack!” he must be quite old to get that sensation (remembering past events). Also; if he is that old his mind and nose senses must be shot away by now... so could you realistically take his word for it? I suggest you carry on being a good friend... or colleague as you call it and continue pushing him around in circles. laugh.gif wink.gif

PS What is an old boy - who must be nearly hundred by now - doing swimming on his own in northcroft? The poor bugger could have drowned. ohmy.gif

Shame on you GMR, the poster said his friend 'smelt like he'd ...........', not his friend 'said' he smelt like ........

This to me implies that it was the poster who did the smelling assessment and therefore he must be the one who's ancient! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
GMR
post Jul 8 2009, 10:27 AM
Post #14

Advanced Member

QUOTE (JMH @ Jul 8 2009, 10:56 AM) *
Shame on you GMR, the poster said his friend 'smelt like he'd ...........', not his friend 'said' he smelt like ........

This to me implies that it was the poster who did the smelling assessment and therefore he must be the one who's ancient! laugh.gif

I take your point laugh.gif

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Jul 8 2009, 10:49 AM
Post #15

Advanced Member

Member No.: 60

QUOTE (GMR @ Jul 8 2009, 11:27 AM) *
I take your point laugh.gif

Actually my Grandfather was gassed at the Somme and was discharged with Shratnel in his skull. He passes away some 40 years ago now. sad.gif

+Quote Post
GMR
post Jul 8 2009, 10:57 AM
Post #16

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Jul 8 2009, 11:49 AM) *
Actually my Grandfather was gassed at the Somme and was discharged with Shratnel in his skull. He passes away some 40 years ago now. sad.gif

I am sorry to hear it. My grandfather was shot in the first world war and gassed. It was a very nasty experience for them. sad.gif

+Quote Post
Guest_Bill1_*
post Jul 8 2009, 04:39 PM
Post #17

Guests

GMR showing his true colours again I see. angry.gif

+Quote Post
GMR
post Jul 8 2009, 06:35 PM
Post #18

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Bill1 @ Jul 8 2009, 05:39 PM) *
GMR showing his true colours again I see. angry.gif

Showing my true colours because I mentioned my grandfather and the trauma’s he went through? You’ve lost me, maybe you’d like to explain?

+Quote Post
Guest_Bill1_*
post Jul 10 2009, 04:21 PM
Post #19

Guests

QUOTE (GMR @ Jul 6 2009, 09:23 PM) *

QUOTE (GMR @ Jul 8 2009, 07:35 PM) *
Showing my true colours because I mentioned my grandfather and the trauma’s he went through? You’ve lost me, maybe you’d like to explain?

Hmmmm!

+Quote Post
GMR
post Jul 10 2009, 06:54 PM
Post #20

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Bill1 @ Jul 10 2009, 05:21 PM) *
Hmmmm!

The first thread was irony which you don’t seem to understand (do I have to use markers as if I was dealing with school children?), however, you didn’t quote that one but replied to the one underneath. Thus showing your true colours and insensitivity.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 09:22 AM