> Newbury Train Station, GWR, Network Rail, Shame Shame Shame
On the edge
post May 31 2017, 06:44 AM
Post #201

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 98

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ May 31 2017, 07:23 AM) *
😂 Even the idea of him winning made the pound "fluctuate". Just waiting for the land grab policy.

Can you outline the land grab policy?

Seriously, housing is a big issue for a lot of people and it's pretty clear that we do need a solution to our present problems.

--------------------
Know your place!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post May 31 2017, 07:19 AM
Post #202

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,530

QUOTE (On the edge @ May 31 2017, 07:44 AM) *
Can you outline the land grab policy?

Seriously, housing is a big issue for a lot of people and it's pretty clear that we do need a solution to our present problems.

Hundreds of thousands of people flooding in don't help.

+Quote Post
Biker1
post May 31 2017, 08:29 AM
Post #203

Advanced Member

Member No.: 103

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ May 31 2017, 08:19 AM) *

Yep, and they're clogging up the M4!

+Quote Post
Biker1
post May 31 2017, 08:36 AM
Post #204

Advanced Member

Member No.: 103

QUOTE (newres @ May 30 2017, 05:53 PM) *
That's a different argument.

No it isn't.
You claimed the problems with the NHS was that it is "under funded".
The NHS will never be fully funded in the eyes of many.
The behemoth will swallow up as much money as you would care to give it to infinity and would still be "under funded".
I do not know the answer, but a spiralling population surely can't help?
You say the majority of immigrants are young but they still need healthcare and will be having babies.
Just because one is young doesn't mean one doesn't need healthcare. (And they will get older you know!)

So immigration enhance the NHS and the problem is under investment?
Given that information do you still think this is true, or ids this tiny island of infinite size?

+Quote Post
On the edge
post May 31 2017, 08:38 AM
Post #205

Advanced Member

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ May 31 2017, 08:19 AM) *

Ah, can see the connection. So that's why Tory 'sell everything' economic policy is in place. Certainly makes sense, why would you want to come to a Country which only has grunt jobs, you can't get anywhere decent to live and your kids don't get educated.

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
On the edge
post May 31 2017, 08:52 AM
Post #206

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Biker1 @ May 31 2017, 09:29 AM) *
Yep, and they're clogging up the M4!

Population increase is a big issue and deserves to be taken seriously. There are several factors causing our problems and no easy answer. It's particularly acute in London and its suburbs which we will now start to see as Newbury is the end of the suburban commute route.

Like the NHS, housing and infrastructure provision will continue to creek as the results of post war baby boom bubble squeeze through. With no real productive capacity and commercial agricultural decline, only London continues to boom with its dogy financial 'skills'.

Where we haven't invested in automation or want very cheap personal services, our demand for migrant labour will continue.

By the way, that includes Nurses and Doctors, because those who voted for Mrs T didn't think we needed to train nurses and if we trained doctors, we'd make more money training overseas ones. Sad really, because loads of kids want to be Doctors, but the Tory version of trades unions stamped on that one pretty sharpish!

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post May 31 2017, 11:19 AM
Post #207

Advanced Member

QUOTE (On the edge @ May 31 2017, 09:52 AM) *
Population increase is a big issue and deserves to be taken seriously. There are several factors causing our problems and no easy answer. It's particularly acute in London and its suburbs which we will now start to see as Newbury is the end of the suburban commute route.

Like the NHS, housing and infrastructure provision will continue to creek as the results of post war baby boom bubble squeeze through. With no real productive capacity and commercial agricultural decline, only London continues to boom with its dogy financial 'skills'.

Where we haven't invested in automation or want very cheap personal services, our demand for migrant labour will continue.

By the way, that includes Nurses and Doctors, because those who voted for Mrs T didn't think we needed to train nurses and if we trained doctors, we'd make more money training overseas ones. Sad really, because loads of kids want to be Doctors, but the Tory version of trades unions stamped on that one pretty sharpish!

A moment, I sense a repeat of the dogma that seems to be prevalent that "its all the oldie's fault"

Dodgy financial skills? In the city? Shurely these can't be the same dodgy skills everyone tells me that we will lose if we Brexit? And why that's a good reason not to do it?

And migrant unskilled labour will always be wanted, true, because it's cheap. And it's precisely because it's cheap that very many of these workers may not even hit the threshold at which they pay tax. So where's the economic input there?

+Quote Post
On the edge
post May 31 2017, 12:08 PM
Post #208

Advanced Member

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ May 31 2017, 12:19 PM) *
A moment, I sense a repeat of the dogma that seems to be prevalent that "its all the oldie's fault"

Dodgy financial skills? In the city? Shurely these can't be the same dodgy skills everyone tells me that we will lose if we Brexit? And why that's a good reason not to do it?

And migrant unskilled labour will always be wanted, true, because it's cheap. And it's precisely because it's cheap that very many of these workers may not even hit the threshold at which they pay tax. So where's the economic input there?

You are quite right, it is the Tory dogma; Country for everyone and everyone for themselves. Nothing wrong with that boys is there?

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post May 31 2017, 12:30 PM
Post #209

Advanced Member

QUOTE (On the edge @ May 31 2017, 01:08 PM) *
You are quite right, it is the Tory dogma; Country for everyone and everyone for themselves. Nothing wrong with that boys is there?

Which, apart from the polemic, answers precisely none of my points. Bit like JC when asked how much his latest scheme would cost, you simply don't know. 😋

+Quote Post
On the edge
post May 31 2017, 03:45 PM
Post #210

Advanced Member

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ May 31 2017, 01:30 PM) *
Which, apart from the polemic, answers precisely none of my points. Bit like JC when asked how much his latest scheme would cost, you simply don't know. 😋

Oh dear Je suis Charlie, don't you like it when someone steals your clothes? Don't worry imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post May 31 2017, 04:08 PM
Post #211

Advanced Member

QUOTE (On the edge @ May 31 2017, 04:45 PM) *
Oh dear Je suis Charlie, don't you like it when someone steals your clothes? Don't worry imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Still haven't answered though, have you. Your posts are like sky rockets, they amuse many whilst illuminating few.

+Quote Post
On the edge
post May 31 2017, 06:00 PM
Post #212

Advanced Member

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ May 31 2017, 12:19 PM) *

Simply this, we are continually fed by the flag carriers for project fear that on Brexit the 'city' will migrate to Europe. That coupled with the view that the only real international income the nation earns comes from the city. Well, fine, the type of merchant banking we do here really isn't interested in our national success just its own and is now broadly out of control. There is evidence that the lack of probity and integrity is beginning to hit our international insurance business; financial products follow. Absoluley nothing wrong with sharp practice, that's raw market forces, but that inhibits return business and so is not sustainable.

For cheap migrant labour, the 'economic input' is the tax the business they work for pays. There are also intangibles in that the indigenous population have a wider bandwidth of purchasing power.

In both cases, there is an unfortunate effect on house prices, artificially high because of the scarcity of land. That is, the high bank wage rates mean even in Greater London modest homes reach unrreachable prices; the knock on meaning longer commutes and higher prices in the suburbs as is starting round here waiting for electrification. On the other hand, in high migrant areas, such as agricultural eastern England, there is a shortage of low value homes at the other end of the market. London consequently suffers both.

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
On the edge
post May 31 2017, 06:01 PM
Post #213

Advanced Member

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ May 31 2017, 05:08 PM) *
Still haven't answered though, have you. Your posts are like sky rockets, they amuse many whilst illuminating few.

There you are, not sure you'll like it but thanks for the unjustified complement.

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
Turin Machine
post May 31 2017, 06:34 PM
Post #214

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,104

QUOTE (On the edge @ May 31 2017, 07:01 PM) *
There you are, not sure you'll like it but thanks for the unjustified complement.

Err, not sure if it was a complement?

--------------------
Gammon. And proud!

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post May 31 2017, 06:36 PM
Post #215

Advanced Member

QUOTE (On the edge @ May 31 2017, 07:01 PM) *

That took you ages to Google!

+Quote Post
On the edge
post May 31 2017, 06:42 PM
Post #216

Advanced Member

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ May 31 2017, 07:36 PM) *
That took you ages to Google!

Find it yourself and let me know the result; I quite like it when I agree with Google.

Why do you assume people can't think for themselves, didn't they teach you how to do that that at your public school or are standards dropping there as well cool.gif

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
On the edge
post May 31 2017, 06:44 PM
Post #217

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Turin Machine @ May 31 2017, 07:34 PM) *
Err, not sure if it was a complement?

I'm ever the optimist Turin Machine,

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post May 31 2017, 06:51 PM
Post #218

Advanced Member

QUOTE (On the edge @ May 31 2017, 07:42 PM) *
Find it yourself and let me know the result; I quite like it when I agree with Google.

Why do you assume people can't think for themselves, didn't they teach you how to do that that at your public school or are standards dropping there as well cool.gif

The punctuation, sentence structure, use of big words just scream cut n paste. Also the fact it doesn't look like it had been typed by a baboon stabbing repeatedly at broken keyboard. 🤔

+Quote Post
On the edge
post May 31 2017, 08:16 PM
Post #219

Advanced Member

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ May 31 2017, 07:51 PM) *
The punctuation, sentence structure, use of big words just scream cut n paste. Also the fact it doesn't look like it had been typed by a baboon stabbing repeatedly at broken keyboard. 🤔

I.e. You can't even be ars*d to look!

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post May 31 2017, 09:27 PM
Post #220

Advanced Member

QUOTE (On the edge @ May 31 2017, 09:16 PM) *
I.e. You can't even be ars*d to look!

Why would I? When I've got a half brained monkey to do it for me? Kiss kiss! 😘

+Quote Post

37 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 13 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
4 User(s) are reading this topic (4 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 07:02 AM