IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Rendel’s Lib Dem 4x4 hypocrisy, Cold Weather Emergency Relief Service.
Iommi
post Jan 7 2010, 01:57 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 20

I think it a bit of a cheek for David Rendel to suggest that owners of 4x4s might like to form a voluntary rescue party to help the vulnerable members of the parish. This all sounds very well, but I can't help but feel, if he and his party had their way, there would be no 4x4s on the road in the first place.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Strafin
post Jan 7 2010, 03:08 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 55

I don't. I think it's a sensible suggestion. It does sound hypocritical but just because you may not think 4x4's are necessary, if they are around you might as well use them.

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Jan 7 2010, 03:21 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Strafin @ Jan 7 2010, 03:08 PM) *
I don't. I think it's a sensible suggestion. It does sound hypocritical but just because you may not think 4x4's are necessary, if they are around you might as well use them.

Which is what people who have them, are invariably doing all ready.

If not hypocritical, it's cheeky; I'd feel like saying, stick it up yer ahrse tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Strafin
post Jan 7 2010, 03:39 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 55

I'd agree on cheeky.

+Quote Post
Jayjay
post Jan 7 2010, 06:22 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 357

Think its a really good idea. No fan of this party, but at least he is doing something rather than sitting on his butt. Now if he could just sort the gritting and public transport out.

+Quote Post
Jeven
post Jan 7 2010, 06:26 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 498

QUOTE (Jayjay @ Jan 7 2010, 06:22 PM) *
Think its a really good idea. No fan of this party, but at least he is doing something rather than sitting on his butt. Now if he could just sort the gritting and public transport out.

Errr what exactly is he doing? All he did was suggest that people with 4x4s help, probably whilst sitting on his butt in his nice comfy house. I mean if it was a great suggestion then yeah I could see your point but it's just common sense and people were doing it already anyway.

(Apologies if you were being sarcastic and I missed it)

+Quote Post
Batfink
post Jan 7 2010, 06:36 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 202

Given some of the terrible 4x4 driving I've seen over the last couple of days, I whole heartedly disagree with Mr Rendel! 4x4's are not an automatic licence to drive in the snow, nor is it a passport to ignore the advice - if your journey isn't essential stay at home - 4x4 or not!

+Quote Post
Jayjay
post Jan 7 2010, 08:07 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Member No.: 357

QUOTE (Jeven @ Jan 7 2010, 06:26 PM) *
Errr what exactly is he doing? All he did was suggest that people with 4x4s help, probably whilst sitting on his butt in his nice comfy house. I mean if it was a great suggestion then yeah I could see your point but it's just common sense and people were doing it already anyway.

(Apologies if you were being sarcastic and I missed it)

I should have my specs on before reading the paper. I thought he was organising it, but it turns out it was suggested to him and he is suggesting WB Partnership organise it. What gave me the wrong impression is he is asking for people to write to him if they support it. So he IS sitting on his butt writing to the paper.

+Quote Post
Darren
post Jan 7 2010, 09:38 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

Member No.: 61

Funny though, I've seen more 4x4's struggling through the snow and ice than normal cars.

Probably because the driver doesn't have a clue on how to drive and is still running ultra-low profile road tyres.

I'll stick to foot x foot drive thanks

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Jan 7 2010, 09:41 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Darren @ Jan 7 2010, 09:38 PM) *
Funny though, I've seen more 4x4's struggling through the snow and ice than normal cars.

You would where you live! tongue.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 07:12 AM