> I Love Hungerford campaign
Angry of Hungerf...
post Jan 18 2010, 02:06 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 489

rolleyes.gif

http://www.newburytoday.co.uk/News/Article...articleID=12101

HUNGERFORD shop keepers are planning a campaign to encourage people to use independent shops in the town.
The ‘I Love Hungerford’ initiative will be tied in with plans to promote independent stores to shoppers with fliers and carrier bags.
Chairman of the town’s Chamber of Commerce, Ben Blake, who owns Sugarmouse in the High Street, said that a similar scheme had already had success in Henley.
“We don’t want to thrust anything on people, we just want to point out the main benefits of shopping with independents, so maybe next time they will think twice,” he added.

I think this is really nice - shouldn't more towns think along this line !!!

--------------------
Angry and ALWAYS angry - but still loving life :-)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bloggo
post Jan 18 2010, 08:49 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 41

QUOTE (Angry of Hungerford @ Jan 18 2010, 02:06 AM) *
rolleyes.gif

http://www.newburytoday.co.uk/News/Article...articleID=12101

HUNGERFORD shop keepers are planning a campaign to encourage people to use independent shops in the town.
The ‘I Love Hungerford’ initiative will be tied in with plans to promote independent stores to shoppers with fliers and carrier bags.
Chairman of the town’s Chamber of Commerce, Ben Blake, who owns Sugarmouse in the High Street, said that a similar scheme had already had success in Henley.
“We don’t want to thrust anything on people, we just want to point out the main benefits of shopping with independents, so maybe next time they will think twice,” he added.

I think this is really nice - shouldn't more towns think along this line !!!

Yes, this is a great idea however before they spend money on fliers and carrier bags some of the shop proprietors might want to look at their attitude to potential customers walking into their shops.
Some of them are down right miserable.

--------------------
Bloggo
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 08:46 PM