Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Global Warming aka Climate Change
TallDarkAndHands...
post Dec 16 2009, 01:59 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 60

Is this just an excuse for Hundreds of 'Politicians' to have a free lunch at our expense and not actually do anything?

If it gets a couple of degrees warmer in Newbury I may even get a nice tan. wink.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Good Boy Racer
post Dec 16 2009, 03:48 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 22

I've said this so many times, Global Warming is put to us like WE are the ones that are causing it... it's a natural event, most scientists will tell you this but are not listened. Its a way to make money and like you said TallDarkAndHandsom wink.gif it IS an excuse for Politicians to go have free lunch and spend our well earned money on rediculas VIP business tickets across the other side of the world so they can do what they are told to do... they would be out of the job otherwise. Just like the popular 'Cancer Research', We give away lots of money to find a cure... and no cure. What if they find a cure? Out of the Job, no more work.

Anyway, that's my opinion, i don't believe in what most of the government say anyway, you choose the best root for you, i've found mine.

--------------------
"Quick, Hide something that looks like fun!"

+Quote Post
Jayjay
post Dec 16 2009, 05:21 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 357

QUOTE (Good Boy Racer @ Dec 16 2009, 03:48 PM) *
I've said this so many times, Global Warming is put to us like WE are the ones that are causing it... it's a natural event, most scientists will tell you this but are not listened. Its a way to make money and like you said TallDarkAndHandsom wink.gif it IS an excuse for Politicians to go have free lunch and spend our well earned money on rediculas VIP business tickets across the other side of the world so they can do what they are told to do... they would be out of the job otherwise. Just like the popular 'Cancer Research', We give away lots of money to find a cure... and no cure. What if they find a cure? Out of the Job, no more work.

Anyway, that's my opinion, i don't believe in what most of the government say anyway, you choose the best root for you, i've found mine.

Don't believe in man made global warming - explain the ice age, 600 years ago spring flowers bloomed at Xmas, 200 years ago skating on the Thames. Do believe we should save natural resources though.

As to Cancer Research; research into cancer has saved lives. Other half has bowel cancer and now returned to work thanks to pioneering treatment.

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Dec 16 2009, 07:15 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 20

Climate change is just a symptom, the really problem we got is the world's population and the disproportionate energy 'The West' take from the land.

+Quote Post
JeffG
post Dec 16 2009, 08:13 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 56

QUOTE (Jayjay @ Dec 16 2009, 05:21 PM) *
Don't believe in man made global warming - explain the ice age, 600 years ago spring flowers bloomed at Xmas, 200 years ago skating on the Thames.

Two out of three of your examples go against your argument, so I'm not sure what precisely you are trying to prove.

Climate change may not be proved 100% to be caused by man's activity, but are you prepared to take the risk that it's not?

Someone said recently that if you were told that the plane you were about to fly on had a 75% chance of crashing, would you make alternative arrangements?

+Quote Post
Strafin
post Dec 16 2009, 09:22 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 55

For me it would depend on who told me. I don't personally believe there's any sort of global warming anyway, but I could be wrong. I will not back myself up with points to prove myself wrong though!

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Dec 16 2009, 09:29 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

The chances are, most people 'chose' to believe, or not. Like I said though, we WILL need to sort out what we are going to do for energy, food and water in years to come, regardless of the climate.

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Dec 17 2009, 09:33 AM
Post #8

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Iommi @ Dec 16 2009, 09:29 PM) *
The chances are, most people 'chose' to believe, or not. Like I said though, we WILL need to sort out what we are going to do for energy, food and water in years to come, regardless of the climate.

For centuries disease and World Wars helped 'cull' the human population. Due to Nuclear Weapons and MAD (Mutually Assured Destruction) and the massive improvements in health care this no longer occurs. We (human beings) have not factored this into our behavioural patterns and carry on procreating at an alarming rate. This above all is the reason that the planets ability to support us is doomed to failure. In 2 million years time we will be a short footnote in the planets history.

+Quote Post
JeffG
post Dec 17 2009, 10:47 AM
Post #9

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Dec 17 2009, 09:33 AM) *
In 2 million years time we will be a short footnote in the planets history.

So who's going to write the footnote? mellow.gif

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Dec 17 2009, 11:06 AM
Post #10

Advanced Member

QUOTE (JeffG @ Dec 17 2009, 10:47 AM) *
So who's going to write the footnote? mellow.gif

I am afraid no-one. You must admit that our destruction is inebitible and that the planet will breathe a sigh of relief when the parasitic human race is gone.

+Quote Post
Bloggo
post Dec 17 2009, 12:27 PM
Post #11

Advanced Member

Member No.: 41

I find the whole argument for man-made global warming a little confusing.
How can it be taken seruisly when there are constantly examples of energy being wasted by the like of Prince Charles and Gordon Brown both travelling to the Copenhagen meeting in private planes, the goverment promoting the virtues of a third runway at Heathrow, the continued waste of lights being left on at night in office blocks, etc, etc.
If it is a problem then no one is really doing anything about it and until I see our Government leading by example then I don't feel too excited about it.

--------------------
Bloggo

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Dec 17 2009, 01:15 PM
Post #12

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Bloggo @ Dec 17 2009, 12:27 PM) *
I find the whole argument for man-made global warming a little confusing.
How can it be taken seruisly when there are constantly examples of energy being wasted by the like of Prince Charles and Gordon Brown both travelling to the Copenhagen meeting in private planes, the goverment promoting the virtues of a third runway at Heathrow, the continued waste of lights being left on at night in office blocks, etc, etc.
If it is a problem then no one is really doing anything about it and until I see our Government leading by example then I don't feel too excited about it.

The best way to control a population and raise taxation is to promote fear. Any government knows that.

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Dec 17 2009, 01:53 PM
Post #13

Advanced Member

Governments do appear two faced, but the idea is that a few (the heads of governemt), can govern the needs of the many.

+Quote Post
Bloggo
post Dec 17 2009, 02:15 PM
Post #14

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Iommi @ Dec 17 2009, 01:53 PM) *
Governments do appear two faced, but the idea is that a few (the heads of governemt), can govern the needs of the many.

Yes I know what you mean but they aren't.
More examples of unnessary energy consumption are cars still being made with large engines. There is no real government initiatives to promote solar energy for the masses. The list goes on.
If it is as serious as we are being led to believe then there would be more evidence of measures being put in place to compensate.

--------------------
Bloggo

+Quote Post
JeffG
post Dec 17 2009, 04:01 PM
Post #15

Advanced Member

examples of energy being wasted by the like of Prince Charles and Gordon Brown both travelling to the Copenhagen meeting in private planes

While I have no reason to doubt this is true, as Wikipedia would say - "citation needed".

+Quote Post
Bloggo
post Dec 17 2009, 04:06 PM
Post #16

Advanced Member

QUOTE (JeffG @ Dec 17 2009, 04:01 PM) *
While I have no reason to doubt this is true, as Wikipedia would say - "citation needed".

Why? Have you missed the point?

--------------------
Bloggo

+Quote Post
Good Boy Racer
post Dec 17 2009, 04:38 PM
Post #17

Advanced Member

Member No.: 22

Global warming = Money Maker / New World Order.

--------------------
"Quick, Hide something that looks like fun!"

+Quote Post
JeffG
post Dec 17 2009, 04:54 PM
Post #18

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Bloggo @ Dec 17 2009, 04:06 PM) *
Why? Have you missed the point?

No. I was just asking where you got this information from. Simple question.

+Quote Post
Hugh Saskin
post Dec 17 2009, 05:18 PM
Post #19

Advanced Member

Member No.: 37

Sadly, Jeff, it appears to be true. Makes you wonder who advises these people and whether they think the rest of us won't notice.

http://www.smh.com.au/environment/climate-...91217-kxzl.html

+Quote Post
Bloggo
post Dec 17 2009, 07:59 PM
Post #20

Advanced Member

QUOTE (JeffG @ Dec 17 2009, 04:54 PM) *
No. I was just asking where you got this information from. Simple question.

I saw it in the Mail and I see that Hugh has seen it also.

--------------------
Bloggo

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:52 PM