Reply to this topicStart new topic
> A meeting!, Let's meet up!
Rosewinelover
post Jul 17 2010, 09:26 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 966

Hey all. So, how do you all feel about meeting up somewhere to chat/debate all out topics and get to know each other? Or would you rather not.....? Maybe you have all done it before (between when i first joined then restarted) Anyone interested???

I think it would be fun - if not eventful!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
GMR
post Jul 17 2010, 09:38 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 33

QUOTE (Rosewinelover @ Jul 17 2010, 10:26 PM) *
Hey all. So, how do you all feel about meeting up somewhere to chat/debate all out topics and get to know each other? Or would you rather not.....? Maybe you have all done it before (between when i first joined then restarted) Anyone interested???

I agree and I think it would be a good idea, sadly I think a lot of members on here would be very shy.

+Quote Post
ossy1
post Jul 17 2010, 09:38 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 182

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Have you seen how some people treat others on here do you think getting them to meet face to face in the same room is a good idea????

+Quote Post
Jayjay
post Jul 17 2010, 09:39 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 357

QUOTE (Rosewinelover @ Jul 17 2010, 10:26 PM) *

OMG I think I would rather go to Ace's stag night, far less chance of a punch up. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Rosewinelover
post Jul 17 2010, 09:41 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Ohhh come on!! It would be fun! I will leave my wip behind and employ bouncers wink.gif

+Quote Post
GMR
post Jul 17 2010, 09:44 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

QUOTE (ossy1 @ Jul 17 2010, 10:38 PM) *
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Have you seen how some people treat others on here do you think getting them to meet face to face in the same room is a good idea????

Yes. The bad ones won't come anyway; they'll have nothing to hide behind. Would you come?

+Quote Post
Rosewinelover
post Jul 17 2010, 09:50 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

So far GMR and I, anyone else.... come on, surely your not all that shy - your not in your posts..!! wink.gif

+Quote Post
ossy1
post Jul 17 2010, 09:51 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

QUOTE (GMR @ Jul 17 2010, 10:44 PM) *
Yes. The bad ones won't come anyway; they'll have nothing to hide behind. Would you come?

Sit in a room with a load of people who when they communicate with me generally want to verbally attack me???? Hmmm i think i might prefer to be in labour on that day!!

+Quote Post
Rosewinelover
post Jul 17 2010, 09:53 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

QUOTE (ossy1 @ Jul 17 2010, 10:51 PM) *
Sit in a room with a load of people who when they communicate with me generally want to verbally attack me???? Hmmm i think i might prefer to be in labour on that day!!

I wont attack you! We are all entitled to our opinion. I just thought it might be fun, also it wont just be a room, i was thinking of a pub so we can all have a few drinks to relax us - then let the battle commence! tongue.gif

+Quote Post
GMR
post Jul 17 2010, 10:07 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

QUOTE (ossy1 @ Jul 17 2010, 10:51 PM) *

They don't attack you; you are a police officer so they presume you've got a sense of humour. It is called joviality. If they met you face to face they'll probably tell you what a wonderful job you are doing and then propose to you. Before you know it you'll be married and have their kids. Give it a try... after all you did become a police officer; so you must have a sense of humour wink.gif

+Quote Post
GMR
post Jul 17 2010, 10:10 PM
Post #11

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Rosewinelover @ Jul 17 2010, 10:53 PM) *
I wont attack you! We are all entitled to our opinion. I just thought it might be fun, also it wont just be a room, i was thinking of a pub so we can all have a few drinks to relax us - then let the battle commence! tongue.gif

I agree. Ozzy is a lovely police woman (she is one of our favourites on here and the life and soul of this forum) so I am sure she'll join us. Either that or be policing us; either way we'll meet laugh.gif wink.gif

+Quote Post
ossy1
post Jul 17 2010, 10:24 PM
Post #12

Advanced Member

QUOTE (GMR @ Jul 17 2010, 11:07 PM) *
They don't attack you; you are a police officer so they presume you've got a sense of humour. It is called joviality. If they met you face to face they'll probably tell you what a wonderful job you are doing and then propose to you. Before you know it you'll be married and have their kids. Give it a try... after all you did become a police officer; so you do have a sense of humour wink.gif

If my memory serves me correctly you are one of the ones that dont believe i am anyway. Sorry to disappoint but i don't drink anyway and i do tend to keep a wide bearth from newbury pubs. However i think a coffee shop would be better i dont think people with such strong opinions and alcohol would mix well.

+Quote Post
GMR
post Jul 17 2010, 10:29 PM
Post #13

Advanced Member

QUOTE (ossy1 @ Jul 17 2010, 11:24 PM) *
If my memory serves me correctly you are one of the ones that dont believe i am anyway. Sorry to disappoint but i don't drink anyway and i do tend to keep a wide bearth from newbury pubs. However i think a coffee shop would be better i dont think people with such strong opinions and alcohol would mix well.

To be honest I am not bothered whether you are or not. You've give many members on here hours of fun debating with you and that is what forums are all about.

You do drink; just not alcohol... otherwise you'll be dead. Nevetheless we could meet up at a coffee shop. We could hold two meets; one at a coffee shop and one in the gutter pub.

+Quote Post
Rosewinelover
post Jul 17 2010, 10:31 PM
Post #14

Advanced Member

QUOTE (ossy1 @ Jul 17 2010, 11:24 PM) *

It is not about debating all night though, just a few drinks and a laugh - no tit for tat antics, just a get together ????

Or, maybe i have thought this wrongly.....

Lets just forget this post.......why can't I delete, so annoying!

+Quote Post
GMR
post Jul 17 2010, 10:36 PM
Post #15

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Rosewinelover @ Jul 17 2010, 11:31 PM) *
It is not about debating all night though, just a few drinks and a laugh - no tit for tat antics, just a get together ????

Or, maybe i have thought this wrongly.....

Lets just forget this post.......why can't I delete, so annoying!

No you haven't; I think it is a good idea. Ozzy is a bit testy because she wouldn't be happy coming face to face with some of the members on here who she put in jail or just nicked (which will probably be the majority tongue.gif ).

I am sure others will own up and say they'll love to come; as soon as they get out of jail that is. laugh.gif wink.gif

+Quote Post
Rosewinelover
post Jul 17 2010, 10:38 PM
Post #16

Advanced Member

QUOTE (GMR @ Jul 17 2010, 11:36 PM) *
No you haven't; I think it is a good idea. Ozzy is a bit testy because she wouldn't be happy coming face to face with some of the members on here who she put in jail or just nicked (which will probably be the majority tongue.gif ).

I am sure others will own up and say they'll love to come; as soon as they get out of jail that is. laugh.gif wink.gif

Okay, well I will wait and see but it may be just you and me!!

+Quote Post
GMR
post Jul 17 2010, 10:40 PM
Post #17

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Rosewinelover @ Jul 17 2010, 11:38 PM) *
Okay, well I will wait and see but it may be just you and me!!

Once they've read what you've just said they'll come; jealousy can go a long way. laugh.gif tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Rosewinelover
post Jul 17 2010, 10:44 PM
Post #18

Advanced Member

QUOTE (GMR @ Jul 17 2010, 11:40 PM) *
Once they've read what you've just said they'll come; jealousy can go a long way. laugh.gif tongue.gif

As long as Dannyboy doesn't come to just purely strangle me!!! That's, if your coming Dannyboy.......

+Quote Post
GMR
post Jul 17 2010, 10:49 PM
Post #19

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Rosewinelover @ Jul 17 2010, 11:44 PM) *
As long as Dannyboy doesn't come to just purely strangle me!!! That's, if your coming Dannyboy.......

I think he does come... but this is not really the place to discuss such personal problems.... and he might be shy. wink.gif

Good night my friend and see you tomorrow. Sleep well.

+Quote Post
Rosewinelover
post Jul 17 2010, 10:54 PM
Post #20

Advanced Member

I think he does come... but this is not really the place to discuss such personal problems....

Oh my word GMR! I am sure he will have someting to say on that!!

Goodnight, time to sleep, my 'non set alarm' of a 2year old will be waking in a few hours wink.gif

+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:07 AM