IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

15 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Cologne , Stuttgart , Hamburg, Sweden...?
x2lls
post Jan 5 2016, 10:36 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 511

A tragedy unfolds.
Could it happen here?

--------------------
There their, loose loser!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
spartacus
post Jan 5 2016, 10:56 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 221

It's already happened in Rotherham...

+Quote Post
x2lls
post Jan 5 2016, 11:13 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

QUOTE (spartacus @ Jan 5 2016, 10:56 PM) *
It's already happened in Rotherham...

A totally different situation, but nonetheless awful. That was grooming over a number of
years.

--------------------

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Jan 6 2016, 12:35 AM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,530

Quote, "All we know is that the police at the scene perceived that it was mostly young men aged 18 to 35 from the Arab or North African region."

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Jan 6 2016, 03:14 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 317

Quote: "Figures show the majority of people carrying out sex attacks in Germany do not come from an immigrant background."

+Quote Post
gel
post Jan 6 2016, 03:55 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 337

QUOTE (x2lls @ Jan 5 2016, 11:13 PM) *
A totally different situation, but nonetheless awful. That was grooming over a number of
years.

....of a certain well known /feared religion that treats women & animals appallingly.
My late Mum always said you can tell a lot about a nation by the way they
treat (or mistreat) their animals.

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Jan 6 2016, 03:58 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

QUOTE (gel @ Jan 6 2016, 03:55 PM) *
....of a certain well known /feared religion that treats women & animals appallingly.
My late Mum always said you can tell a lot about a nation by the way they
treat (or mistreat) their animals.

Thankfully, women and animals have nothing to fear in our western Christian society. wink.gif

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Jan 6 2016, 07:59 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Andy Capp @ Jan 6 2016, 03:58 PM) *
Thankfully, women and animals have nothing to fear in our western Christian society. wink.gif

But a lot to fear in theirs. Obviously.

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Jan 6 2016, 09:57 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Jan 6 2016, 07:59 PM) *
But a lot to fear in theirs. Obviously.

Agreed; however, I was being ironic as I feel our record is nothing to boast about, particularly when it comes to animal welfare.

+Quote Post
x2lls
post Jan 6 2016, 11:23 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Andy Capp @ Jan 6 2016, 09:57 PM) *
Agreed; however, I was being ironic as I feel our record is nothing to boast about, particularly when it comes to animal welfare.

I see my OP being morphed.
What has that to do with my OP?

I sense a degree of self preservation for fear of being accused of being 'racist'

Say it how it is, Mass immigration is failing big time. Merkel is outraged and wants to find the perpetrators of the disgusting behavior in many German cities. She only has to look in the mirror.

--------------------

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Jan 7 2016, 12:06 AM
Post #11

Advanced Member

From the BBC (as lefty a news media you're going to find)
"More than 100 victims have complained of being sexually assaulted or robbed by gangs of up to 30 men, reportedly of Arab or North African appearance, although officials say the violence should not cast suspicion against all refugees."

+Quote Post
spartacus
post Jan 7 2016, 01:12 AM
Post #12

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Andy Capp @ Jan 6 2016, 03:14 PM) *
Quote: "Figures show the majority of people carrying out sex attacks in Germany do not come from an immigrant background."

When considering the country as a whole and a population of over 81m people that may well be true but I suppose it also depends on whether that statement considers the considerable number of gastarbeiter who have been in the country for many years to be of an 'immigrant background' or not. With over a million 'Syrian' immigrants entering Germany last year alone seeking asylum I suspect there has been a very sharp spike in such attacks in those areas where these people are being accommodated.

The recent cases are just a high profile reporting of a specific event that has made it into the international press over the New Year celebrations. The German press has been reporting incidents of rape and riots and racial tensions/beatings between rival groups of immigrants for months now and some of these camps have become no-go zones for the polizei.

What is worrying for the authorities around this part of Germany is that in a few weeks time Koln (Cologne) starts it's Karneval celebrations (similar to Mardi Gras) and it's a time when everyone in the city goes crazy, has lots of drink and the place is heaving with tourists and Koln folk having a great time. On 4th Feb in particular it will be Weiberfastnacht which is traditionally a night when women go crazy as it's 'their' Karneval day (it's a fantastic night!). If groups of 'immigrant gropers' descend on the place hoping for a repeat of New Year then it could turn ugly.... one of the traditions on that night is for women to cut off the ties of any man they see in exchanges for a kiss.. all good natured and drunken stuff. But if those women armed with sharp scissors are wandering around in large groups and start to feel threatened by Arab looking gents trying to cop a feel the gents will need to watch out that isn't just a tie that gets cut off...

+Quote Post
spartacus
post Jan 7 2016, 01:24 AM
Post #13

Advanced Member

QUOTE (x2lls @ Jan 6 2016, 11:23 PM) *
I see my OP being morphed.
What has that to do with my OP?

I thought it was a variation of that 1979 hit by M... 'New York, London, Paris, Munich.....'

(I can't do a Youtube link from my tablet)

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Jan 7 2016, 09:32 AM
Post #14

Advanced Member

QUOTE (spartacus @ Jan 7 2016, 01:24 AM) *
I thought it was a variation of that 1979 hit by M... 'New York, London, Paris, Munich.....'

(I can't do a Youtube link from my tablet)

Go to YouTube via a web browser
Find the desired clip
Copy the URL
Paste clip in your post (as I have).

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gPoiv0sZ4s4

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Jan 7 2016, 11:59 AM
Post #15

Advanced Member

The Telegraph,

Quote, "But the leaked police report, published in Bild newspaper and Spiegel, a news magazine, claims that one of those involved told officers: “I am Syrian. You have to treat me kindly. Mrs Merkel invited me.”
Another tore up his residence permit before the eyes of police, and told them: “You can’t do anything to me, I can get a new one tomorrow.”

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Jan 7 2016, 12:13 PM
Post #16

Advanced Member

Is this a genuine problem unique to people from the middle east, or is it a problem of poor management of migrants or policing?

It is easy to focus on an aspect of abuse like this, but I am concerned about people on here indulging in 'confirmation bias'* to support their soft racism, more than genuine concern for the welfare of people, in particular, women.

I think we also have to take into account western foreign policy and its effect on migration levels. In effect we are partly responsible, notwithstanding we are talking about a few thousand out of nearly a million people.

* https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Jan 8 2016, 01:19 AM
Post #17

Advanced Member

Hey, just highlighting was in the national press, ours and Germany's. The real danger here is that in Germany real rabid nationalism lurks just under the skin of a very great many Germans, I've worked and for a time, lived there, and you would not believe some of the feelings expressed by otherwise sober, respectable men and women. This whole situation could all go to **** in a handcart really, really quickly. A whole new generation of pissed off right wingers rising up for a new round of pogroms. Same story, different target. Then the Bratwurst will really hit the fan!

+Quote Post
spartacus
post Jan 8 2016, 08:25 AM
Post #18

Advanced Member

I've lived and worked there too for several years but certainly don't recognise the 'rabid nationalism' comment, unless you're talking about the older generation, generally in the Bavaria region. I haven't lived there since the unification so maybe the influx of 'Ossi's who lived under the Soviet shadow changed the mood but the people I worked with were far more tolerant than the average brit.

They say the same about us I suppose and there's an undercurrent of 'rabid nationalism' in this country (aside from Alex Salmond and the haggis munchers) depending on what part of the country you live. There's an Alf Garnett character in most families I suspect who we're embarrassed about publicly, but secretly may share his views and be quite nationalistic ourselves.

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Jan 8 2016, 12:20 PM
Post #19

Advanced Member

I share similar concerns as those expressed here, but I try to be objective as I can.

+Quote Post
x2lls
post Jan 9 2016, 12:34 AM
Post #20

Advanced Member

Does Mr Kirby have a view?

--------------------

+Quote Post

15 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 12:24 PM