Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Baby P sentences
AmieB
post May 22 2009, 12:05 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 44

I am disgusted that baby Peters sick mother could be released in 5 years, and the step dad in 10yrs. angry.gif Our justice system is a joke. A life for a life in my opinion. She'll be young enough to come out and start a new family under a new identity. The poor baby had no chance in life, the least the judge could of done is jailed them both for life, no parole or even better sentenced to death. What annoys me more is the dad saying he is devastated - well where the **** was he and the rest of the family?
The most heartbraking story I have ever heard.

What does everyone think of the sentence given?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Guest_Bill1_*
post May 22 2009, 01:32 PM
Post #2

Guests

I think the sentence is disgracefully short.

I agree they should never be allowed their freedom.

That poor innocent loving child went through **** and those sick ******** actually got pleasure out of putting him through that ordeal.

I'm welling up again now just thinking about it.

+Quote Post
Hugh Saskin
post May 22 2009, 01:42 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 37

QUOTE (AmieB @ May 22 2009, 01:05 PM) *
I am disgusted that baby Peters sick mother could be released in 5 years, and the step dad in 10yrs. angry.gif Our justice system is a joke. A life for a life in my opinion. She'll be young enough to come out and start a new family under a new identity. The poor baby had no chance in life, the least the judge could of done is jailed them both for life, no parole or even better sentenced to death. What annoys me more is the dad saying he is devastated - well where the **** was he and the rest of the family?
The most heartbraking story I have ever heard.

What does everyone think of the sentence given?

There wasn't much good to be said about the old Communist regime in the USSR, but sometimes they got it right (just sometimes, mind)

"Comrade, you are charged with being an enemy of the state". A bullet in the head would often be the outcome for the accused. Trouble was, as I said, they didn't always get the right people. I feel it would have been a nice outcome in this instance, however. I hope they rot in Hades for what they did do that defenceless infant.

+Quote Post
Twenty Something
post May 22 2009, 03:39 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 24

I completely agree it is an utter disgrace. I don't know how the person that made those decisions can live with themselves.
Poor poor Baby P and what a life (or lack of it)he was forced to live. He was a beautiful little boy that would have made many parents very proud, how hearbreaking he was subjected to the cruel acts from the people responsible for him, that brought him in to the world.

I am disgusted and agree in this case death is the only answer for these disgusting creatures.

+Quote Post
GMR
post May 22 2009, 08:21 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 33

Obviously life doesn't mean life so why say it? The legal system has become a joke. What is this poor child's life worth? A couple of years in prison - disgusting.

+Quote Post
On the edge
post May 23 2009, 07:05 AM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 98

Anyone else see a connection; we have a problem with criminal behaviour, get those responsible the Police get them to the Courts and then what? Dangerous times folks, we are loosing faith with the government and now with the judiciary, whare next?

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
GMR
post May 23 2009, 10:48 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

QUOTE (On the edge @ May 23 2009, 08:05 AM) *
Anyone else see a connection; we have a problem with criminal behaviour, get those responsible the Police get them to the Courts and then what? Dangerous times folks, we are loosing faith with the government and now with the judiciary, whare next?

I agree... but we've also lost faith in the police as well.

+Quote Post
Guest_Bill1_*
post May 26 2009, 01:28 PM
Post #8

Guests

QUOTE (GMR @ May 23 2009, 11:48 PM) *
I agree... but we've also lost faith in the police as well.

GMR.

Who are you referring to as "we" please?

+Quote Post
Gumbo
post May 26 2009, 01:42 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

Member No.: 19

It is all wrong and why are these people (except the lodger I think) being allowed to remain anonymous?!?! angry.gif

+Quote Post
Roost
post May 26 2009, 02:27 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Member No.: 31

I agree with Bill's question. Not everyone has lost faith in the police, perhaps with their masters.......

--------------------
Roost

Welcome to the jungle....

+Quote Post
Bloggo
post May 26 2009, 02:35 PM
Post #11

Advanced Member

Member No.: 41

QUOTE (Bill1 @ May 26 2009, 02:28 PM) *
GMR.

I think that the "WE" in question would be a great many and growing number of ordinary citizens who are fed up to the teeth of not being protected, represented and respected by those in authority who take our money on the pretence of doing just that.
Why not call a referendum on the subject of re-introducing Capital punishment as I believe most of the country would welcome. Even if I'm wrong at least the public would have had it's say and not have to follow the decision of a gang untrustworthy money grubbing parlimetarians who are makeing decisions for their benefit, not ours.

--------------------
Bloggo

+Quote Post
GMR
post May 26 2009, 05:50 PM
Post #12

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Bill1 @ May 26 2009, 02:28 PM) *
GMR.

Well.... "we" does not cover every single person in this country.... however, "we" covers everybody I have spoken to. In fact I've never met anybody who has said the opposite. No doubt that you will offer people who do. wink.gif

+Quote Post
GMR
post May 26 2009, 05:51 PM
Post #13

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Bloggo @ May 26 2009, 03:35 PM) *
I think that the "WE" in question would be a great many and growing number of ordinary citizens who are fed up to the teeth of not being protected, represented and respected by those in authority who take our money on the pretence of doing just that.
Why not call a referendum on the subject of re-introducing Capital punishment as I believe most of the country would welcome. Even if I'm wrong at least the public would have had it's say and not have to follow the decision of a gang untrustworthy money grubbing parlimetarians who are makeing decisions for their benefit, not ours.

You said it better than I wished to. wink.gif

+Quote Post
GMR
post May 26 2009, 05:53 PM
Post #14

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Roost @ May 26 2009, 03:27 PM) *
I agree with Bill's question. Not everyone has lost faith in the police, perhaps with their masters.......

That is what I like to see.... people who live on islands in the middle of nowhere voicing their opinions. Even the few have a right to speak; lovely! tongue.gif

+Quote Post
JeffG
post May 26 2009, 07:25 PM
Post #15

Advanced Member

Member No.: 56

Am I the only one on this site feeling uneasy about the number of people who are talking about capital punishment? We are supposedly a civilised society, not the United States.

+Quote Post
Guest_Bill1_*
post May 27 2009, 08:54 AM
Post #16

Guests

Thats my point.

Its the powers that be that are at fault not the people on the front line, in this instance the Police.

Same could be said about all degenerating services eg. Post Office closures, hospital waiting lists/overcrowding etc.

+Quote Post
Guest_Bill1_*
post May 27 2009, 10:36 AM
Post #17

Guests

QUOTE (GMR @ May 26 2009, 06:53 PM) *
That is what I like to see.... people who live on islands in the middle of nowhere voicing their opinions. Even the few have a right to speak; lovely! tongue.gif

Who lives there GMR?

+Quote Post
Bloggo
post May 27 2009, 10:49 AM
Post #18

Advanced Member

Member No.: 41

QUOTE (JeffG @ May 26 2009, 08:25 PM) *
Am I the only one on this site feeling uneasy about the number of people who are talking about capital punishment? We are supposedly a civilised society, not the United States.

I don't expect that you want to hear this JeffG but have you considered how many innocent people including children are killed simply because we don't have capital punishment.
I don't believe that a society that allows children to be tortured and slaughtered is completely civilized. There has to be a deterent that has real consequences for the peratrators of these horrendous crimes.

--------------------
Bloggo

+Quote Post
GMR
post May 27 2009, 10:57 AM
Post #19

Advanced Member

QUOTE (JeffG @ May 26 2009, 08:25 PM) *

We are supposed to be a civilised society, however, we are trying to deal with savages/ uncivilised people with civilised rules; it doesn’t work.

+Quote Post
GMR
post May 27 2009, 11:04 AM
Post #20

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Bill1 @ May 27 2009, 09:54 AM) *
Thats my point.

Its the powers that be that are at fault not the people on the front line, in this instance the Police.

Same could be said about all degenerating services eg. Post Office closures, hospital waiting lists/overcrowding etc.

That is true; it is the “powers that be” that are to blame. But that doesn’t mean that the police or social services etc are totally blameless. They have a voice and they should stand up and be counted. In the Second World War many Nazi’s used the same argument “We were following orders”, but that didn’t wash at the Nuremberg trials. The police have a duty to protect the public... as do social services and if there are flaws it is up to them to stand up and be counted.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 11:17 PM