> Schoolgirls
Andrea
post Jun 30 2009, 08:31 AM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 16

QUOTE (AmieB @ Jun 30 2009, 09:09 AM) *
I am sat here laughing at these 2 squabbling like girls - are you sure it wasn't GMR and Iommi sat on the bench Bill....? laugh.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif Good one Amie

I don't really mind when youths are being immature and making jokes. I'd rather they did that then go out drinking and doing drugs, which I unfortunately see a lot of youths doing. Although I see your original point... it can be dangerous if they were to make that joke around someone who wouldn't have just walked away like you had...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gumbo
post Jun 30 2009, 08:33 AM
Post #22

Advanced Member

Member No.: 19

QUOTE (GMR @ Jun 29 2009, 07:30 PM) *
I think that was called equality, however I do agree with you. I would love to see what homes they come from.

Sorry GMR but I don't get this post either. What has equality got to do with Bill1's original post? and why were you calling Iommi an immigrant?

+Quote Post
Strafin
post Jun 30 2009, 08:45 AM
Post #23

Advanced Member

Member No.: 55

[quote name='Iommi' date='Jun 30 2009, 01:42 AM' post='1751']
I did think that Bill1 was perhaps a little candid with his anecdote and GMR probably worded his post poorly, but I'm unsure if this is the right thread and subject to make a joke of this nature. huh.gif[/color]

I understand if people didn't think my joke was a) funny or cool.gif appropriate. You will notice that I tacked on the bit about joking, just to malke sure I wasn't lynched, suggesting I knew it was risky. However I could be a 14 year old boy, in which case it would be entirely different I think. I'm not but before everyone starts throwing around accusations, insults, and interpretations, just think a bit about whether you would react the same if the conversation was verbal.

+Quote Post
Strafin
post Jun 30 2009, 08:46 AM
Post #24

Advanced Member

Member No.: 55

I know also that you are supposed to be 18 to register on these boards, that doesn't mean everybody is though...

+Quote Post
GMR
post Jun 30 2009, 09:00 AM
Post #25

Advanced Member

Member No.: 33

QUOTE (Simon @ Jun 30 2009, 09:24 AM) *
This is a very entertaining thread, i have been laughing out loud at work reading this. Keep up the good work my friends

We try our best to entertain laugh.gif

+Quote Post
dannyboy
post Jun 30 2009, 09:09 AM
Post #26

Advanced Member

Member No.: 51

[quote name='Strafin' date='Jun 30 2009, 09:45 AM' post='1763']
[quote name='Iommi' date='Jun 30 2009, 01:42 AM' post='1751']
I did think that Bill1 was perhaps a little candid with his anecdote and GMR probably worded his post poorly, but I'm unsure if this is the right thread and subject to make a joke of this nature. huh.gif[/color]

I understand if people didn't think my joke was a) funny or cool.gif appropriate. You will notice that I tacked on the bit about joking, just to malke sure I wasn't lynched, suggesting I knew it was risky. However I could be a 14 year old boy, in which case it would be entirely different I think. I'm not but before everyone starts throwing around accusations, insults, and interpretations, just think a bit about whether you would react the same if the conversation was verbal.

I understood perfectly what you meant.

In an equal society little girls should be allowed to be as smutty as little boys.

+Quote Post
Bloggo
post Jun 30 2009, 09:11 AM
Post #27

Advanced Member

Member No.: 41

QUOTE (Bill1 @ Jun 29 2009, 05:50 PM) *
This almost beggars belief.

I was walking past St Nicholas's Church at about 4pm and two girls of about 14 in their St Barts uniforms were sitting there and as I walked past one said to the other deliberately loud enough for me to hear "I shaved my pubes today".

The shock made me half glance, but saw them giggling so kept a straight face and walked on without looking round.

Now, I can see how at that age they might think that to do that was funny and maybe even daring and it takes a lot to embarass me. What worried me is if they played their little prank in front of the wrong sort it could lead them into danger.

Haven't some of you missed the point of the original post above and been diverted by personal attacks on each other.
The point being made above is yet another demonstration of inappropriate behaviour which points to an over liberal up-bringing and a total lack of respect for others

--------------------
Bloggo

+Quote Post
JeffG
post Jun 30 2009, 09:11 AM
Post #28

Advanced Member

Member No.: 56

QUOTE (dannyboy @ Jun 30 2009, 10:09 AM) *
In an equal society little girls should be allowed to be as smutty as little boys.

Yes, but it's not ladylike, is it? cool.gif

+Quote Post
GMR
post Jun 30 2009, 09:17 AM
Post #29

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Gumbo @ Jun 30 2009, 09:33 AM) *
Sorry GMR but I don't get this post either. What has equality got to do with Bill1's original post? and why were you calling Iommi an immigrant?

Hi Gumbo,

Let me explain. At least your reply and request is more intelligent than our friends (i.e. how he put it).

A couple of years ago there was a report in the paper that said “this is the price for equality”. Teenage girls behaving like boy yobs; i.e. the girls’ comments as Bill stated. The article went on and said about the homes that these young people come from. I then went on and agreed with him and ended my post with “I would like to see what homes they come from.” My reply was sort of tongue-in-cheek, but series at the same time. Many people understand what I was saying, however, maybe I should have worded it better for those that didn’t recognize what I was saying.

As for the “immigrant” remark. It wasn’t meant as anything nasty. Iommi has been following me around the boards nitpicking everything I said. I even requested to him that maybe he should leave my posts alone if he can’t say anything constructive and stop being annoying. I came to the conclusion that he was either a stalker/ or just a pain in the backside. Then I thought about it a bit more and thought that maybe he wasn’t any of those things but somebody who had difficulty understanding the ways people write; with humour/ irony etc. It was the same time that I received a couple of PM’s from people saying that I should consider his lack of understanding because he might be an “immigrant”. Maybe I should have used another term; if the use of that word was wrong then I apologise.

I hope that explains my original post and my other comments? If not please come back to me.

All the best my friend,

Glenn

+Quote Post
GMR
post Jun 30 2009, 09:18 AM
Post #30

Advanced Member

Good post Strafin and well said.

+Quote Post
Darren
post Jun 30 2009, 09:19 AM
Post #31

Advanced Member

Member No.: 61

QUOTE (JeffG @ Jun 30 2009, 10:11 AM) *

Take a quick walk through town at any time and you'll soon find that the term "ladylike" is almost totally lost on the under 30's.

+Quote Post
GMR
post Jun 30 2009, 09:19 AM
Post #32

Advanced Member

No it wasn't and whatever sex said it, it was wrong.

+Quote Post
GMR
post Jun 30 2009, 09:21 AM
Post #33

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Bloggo @ Jun 30 2009, 10:11 AM) *
Haven't some of you missed the point of the original post above and been diverted by personal attacks on each other.
The point being made above is yet another demonstration of inappropriate behaviour which points to an over liberal up-bringing and a total lack of respect for others

I totally agree. I brought my kids up on my own and they would never behave like that. I taught them to respect people.

+Quote Post
dannyboy
post Jun 30 2009, 09:23 AM
Post #34

Advanced Member

You should say Childlike - ladies have every right to be as naughty as gentlemen. Have you not read your Jilly Cooper?

+Quote Post
Gumbo
Post #35

Advanced Member

Member No.: 19

QUOTE (GMR @ Jun 30 2009, 10:17 AM) *
Hi Gumbo,

Let me explain. At least your reply and request is more intelligent than our friends (i.e. how he put it).

A couple of years ago there was a report in the paper that said “this is the price for equality”. Teenage girls behaving like boy yobs; i.e. the girls’ comments as Bill stated. The article went on and said about the homes that these young people come from. I then went on and agreed with him and ended my post with “I would like to see what homes they come from.” My reply was sort of tongue-in-cheek, but series. Many people understand what I was saying, however, maybe I should have worded it better for those that didn’t recognize what I was saying.

As for the “immigrant” remark. It wasn’t meant as anything nasty. Iommi has been following me around the boards nitpicking everything I said. I even requested to him that maybe he should leave my posts alone if he can’t say anything constructive and stop being annoying. I came to the conclusion that he was either a stalker/ or just a pain in the backside. Then I thought about it a bit more and thought that maybe he wasn’t any of those things but somebody who had difficulty understanding the ways people write; with humour/ irony etc. It was the same time that I received a couple of PM’s from people saying that I should consider his lack of understanding because he might be an “immigrant”. Maybe I should have used another term; if the use of that word was wrong then I apologise.

I hope that explains my original post and my other comments? If not please come back to me.

All the best my friend,

Glenn

Ok thanks. Didn't read the equality piece but now understand what you meant.

I always thought of Iommi as a she. Not sure he/she is stalking you, I just get the impression you two are total opposites and you know what they say about opposites wink.gif

+Quote Post
GMR
Post #36

Advanced Member

I understood perfectly what you meant.

It is a case of can, but shouldn't be like that if those kids were brought up properly.

+Quote Post
Bloggo
Post #37

Advanced Member

Member No.: 41

QUOTE (GMR @ Jun 30 2009, 10:21 AM) *
I totally agree. I brought my kids up on my own and they would never behave like that. I taught them to respect people.

Good for you mate. Pity there aren't more like you in this town.

--------------------
Bloggo

+Quote Post
dannyboy
post Jun 30 2009, 09:26 AM
Post #38

Advanced Member

QUOTE (GMR @ Jun 30 2009, 10:23 AM) *
It is a case of can, but shouldn't be like that if those kids were brought up properly.

Maybe if they'd been a little more Two Ronnies / Jannet & John? Something along the lines of having to trim a bush?

+Quote Post
JeffG
post Jun 30 2009, 09:26 AM
Post #39

Advanced Member

Member No.: 56

QUOTE (Darren @ Jun 30 2009, 10:19 AM) *
Take a quick walk through town at any time and you'll soon find that the term "ladylike" is almost totally lost on the under 30's.

Yes, agreed - my post was more ironic than anything else.

+Quote Post
GMR
post Jun 30 2009, 09:30 AM
Post #40

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Gumbo @ Jun 30 2009, 10:23 AM) *
Ok thanks. Didn't read the equality piece but now understand what you meant.

I always thought of Iommi as a she. Not sure he/she is stalking you, I just get the impression you two are total opposites and you know what they say about opposites wink.gif

Thank you for your reply,

I agree with your prognosis, however, if that is the case then shouldn't one not pester the other if they request it? I have totally ignored his/ her post so that no conflict would arise; i.e. bring these boards into disrepute. But he/ she persisted in nitpicking everything I say. You put your request intelligently, he/ she just came in and said I “worded it badly” instead of asking what I meant, as you did. Adding the other posts that this person replied to me over then one can either draw the conclusion that they don’t have the ability to understand (doesn’t know how to put things properly) or their intentions are something more sinister. You must draw your own conclusions.

Regards,

Glenn

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:55 PM