6 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Schoolgirls
Guest_Bill1_*
post Jun 29 2009, 04:50 PM
Post #1

Guests

This almost beggars belief.

I was walking past St Nicholas's Church at about 4pm and two girls of about 14 in their St Barts uniforms were sitting there and as I walked past one said to the other deliberately loud enough for me to hear "I shaved my pubes today".

The shock made me half glance, but saw them giggling so kept a straight face and walked on without looking round.

Now, I can see how at that age they might think that to do that was funny and maybe even daring and it takes a lot to embarass me. What worried me is if they played their little prank in front of the wrong sort it could lead them into danger.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
GMR
post Jun 29 2009, 06:30 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 33

QUOTE (Bill1 @ Jun 29 2009, 05:50 PM) *

I was walking past St Nicholas's Church at about 4pm and two girls of about 14 in their St Barts uniforms were sitting there and as I walked past one said to the other deliberately loud enough for me to hear "I shaved my pubes today".

The shock made me half glance, but saw them giggling so kept a straight face and walked on without looking round.

Now, I can see how at that age they might think that to do that was funny and maybe even daring and it takes a lot to embarass me. What worried me is if they played their little prank in front of the wrong sort it could lead them into danger.

I think that was called equality, however I do agree with you. I would love to see what homes they come from.

+Quote Post
Strafin
post Jun 29 2009, 09:10 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 55

QUOTE (GMR @ Jun 29 2009, 07:30 PM) *
I think that was called equality, however I do agree with you. I would love to see what homes they come from.

Phwoooar me too! (Joking)

+Quote Post
GMR
post Jun 29 2009, 09:57 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Strafin @ Jun 29 2009, 10:10 PM) *

laugh.gif laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Jun 29 2009, 10:36 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 20

QUOTE (GMR @ Jun 29 2009, 10:57 PM) *

laugh.gif laugh.gif

I did think that Bill1 was perhaps a little candid with his anecdote and GMR might have worded his post differently, but I'm unsure if this is the right thread and subject to make a joke of this nature. huh.gif

+Quote Post
GMR
post Jun 29 2009, 10:45 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Iommi @ Jun 29 2009, 11:36 PM) *
laugh.gif laugh.gif
I did think that Bill1 was perhaps a little candid with his anecdote and GMR probably worded his post poorly, but I'm unsure if this is the right thread and subject to make a joke of this nature. huh.gif

I didn't word my post poorly... you just didn't understand my post(s). I just had my tongue-in-my-cheek. Maybe I should put an explanation in my posts just for you. laugh.gif

I would image you are somebody who has trouble with the English language and its humour. I am not criticising you for that; just saying I understand. I presume you are an immigrant? If there is anything I can do to help then please don’t hesitate to ask. I will gladly explain my posts to you.... we all help each other out on here if we can. wink.gif

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Jun 29 2009, 11:34 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

QUOTE (GMR @ Jun 29 2009, 11:45 PM) *
I didn't word my post poorly... you just didn't understand my post(s). I meant what i said, I just had my tongue-in-my-cheek. Maybe I should put an explanation in my posts just for you. laugh.gif

My comprehension is sound, your posts, however, are sometimes poorly written and therefore, ambiguous. Strafin exploited your ambiguous text in a way which I could see coming. Indeed, I was going to suggest you reword it.

I would image you are somebody who has trouble with the English language and its humour.

I have as much difficulty as anyone has and will always go back and correct where I see an error. As for humour, that is subjective, but generally I find your attempts at humour are often self-indulgent, puerile and often just simply unfunny, but that is just my opinion.

I am not criticising you for that; just saying I understand.

You understand very little it seems.

I presume you are an immigrant?

Born and breed in Newbury.

If there is anything I can do to help then please don’t hesitate to ask. I will gladly explain my posts to you.... we all help each other out on here if we can. wink.gif

Your OP was, 'I think that was called equality, however I do agree with you. I would love to see what homes they come from.'

For starters Bill1's OP was nothing to do with equality, so I see no relevance in that point. The section that reads, 'I would love to see what homes they come from', is ambiguous.

You would love to know where these 14 year old girls live, why would that be? Or, as I suspect, what you meant to say was, 'It would be interesting to know what their domestic background is like'. In other words, how they are being parented.

Now the insinuation in Strafin's post is one of suggesting you have an infatuation with young girls. This isn't something I would say I'd like to endorse with laughing emoticons.

My post wasn't a slur on your post as such, except to say that it was ambiguous, but that I didn't see the exchange you had with Strafin as being a healthy one a public forum.

+Quote Post
GMR
post Jun 29 2009, 11:38 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Iommi @ Jun 30 2009, 12:34 AM) *
My comprehension is sound, your posts, however, are sometimes poorly written and therefore, become ambiguous. Strafin exploited your ambiguous text in a way which I could see coming. Indeed, I was going to suggest you reword it.

I have as much difficulty as anyone has and will always go back and correct where I see an error. As for humour, that is subjective, but generally I find your attempts at humour are often self-indulgent, puerile and often just simply unfunny, but that is just my opinion.

You understand very little it seems.

Born and breed in Newbury.

Your OP was, 'I think that was called equality, however I do agree with you. I would love to see what homes they come from.'

For starters Bill1's OP was nothing to do with equality, so I see no relevance in that point. The section that reads, 'I would love to see what homes they come from', is ambiguous.

You would love to know where these 14 year old girls live, why would that be? Or, as I suspect, what you meant to say was, 'It would be interesting what their domestic background is like'. In other words, how they are being parented.

Now the insinuation in Strafin's post is one of suggesting you have an infatuation with young girls. This isn't something I would say I'd like to endorse with laughing emoticons.

My post wasn't a slur on your post as such, except to say that it was ambiguous, but that I didn't see the exchange you had with Strafin as being a healthy on a public forum.

I'd be interested what Bill1 thinks about all this?

I think Bill will agree with you as he seems to be your shadow. I do find that you have trouble wording certain posts and I try to make allowances for them.

You also read Strafin wrong as I understood exactly what he said/ meant.

If you have any trouble in future please don't hesitate to ask and I will do my best to explain. wink.gif

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Jun 29 2009, 11:44 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

QUOTE (GMR @ Jun 30 2009, 12:38 AM) *
I think Bill will agree with you as he seems to be your shadow. I do find that you have trouble wording certain posts and I try to make allowances for them. You also read Strafin wrong as I understood exactly what he said/ meant. If you have any trouble in future please don't hesitate to ask and I will do my best to explain. wink.gif

Well, here's one for starters, explain where I have gone wrong with my comprehension on this thread then?

As for the Bill1 point, so someone who has a similar point of view to mine, is suddenly my shadow describes early onset paranoia I suggest. rolleyes.gif

PS - If you see what you perceive as poorly worded posts from me, please point them out and explain why, I'd rather you don't make allowances. I won't when I see you write some of your guff which I disagree with.

+Quote Post
GMR
post Jun 29 2009, 11:53 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Well, here's one for starters, explain where I have gone wrong with my comprehension on this thread then?

I think it is the lack of ability to differentiate between humour and seriousness.

As for the Bill1 point, so someone who has a similar point of view as mine is suddenly my shadow describes early onset paranoia I suggest.

It is not me who is paranoid my friend but you; you seem to follow me around the board just to make snide remarks. Obviously you feel intimidated and paranoid by my presence. Probably a lack of self-esteem.

PS - If you see what you perceive as poorly worded posts from me, please point them out and explain why, please don't make allowances. I won't when I see you write some of your guff which I disagree with.

I don’t think it is a case of pointing things out but being annoying; which you are. But that doesn’t surprise me as I know who you are.

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Jun 30 2009, 12:07 AM
Post #11

Advanced Member

QUOTE (GMR @ Jun 30 2009, 12:53 AM) *
I think it is the lack of ability to differentiate between humour and seriousness.

What are you talking about, elucidate, please demonstrate where I have done this?

It is not me who is paranoid my friend but you; you seem to follow me around the board just to make snide remarks. Obviously you feel intimidated and paranoid by my presence. Probably a lack of self-esteem.

I think you have just proven my point. I make a comment about the quality of a post of yours and now Iam stalking you! laugh.gif I can assure you I would be delighted if you stopped posting here and I can promise I wouldn't go looking for you.

I don’t think it is a case of pointing things out but being annoying; which you are. But that doesn’t surprise me as I know who you are.

Annoying? You and me both. I think it is more likely you make vacuous points and fail to support them when they come under scrutiny, as I did on this thread.

I thought yours and Starfin's posts were inappropriate and I had a legitimate reason to post as I did, it is you that, yet again, turns it into a childish squabble rather than refute my argument.

PS - Don't refer to me as a friend, I don't know you.

+Quote Post
GMR
post Jun 30 2009, 12:15 AM
Post #12

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Iommi @ Jun 30 2009, 01:07 AM) *
What are you talking about, elucidate, please demonstrate where I have done this?

I think you have just proven my point. I make a comment about the quality of a post of yours and now Iam stalking you! laugh.gif I can assure you I would be delighted if you stopped posting here and I can promise I wouldn't go looking for you.

Annoying? You and me both. I think it is more likely you make vacuous points and fail to support them when they come under scrutiny, as I did on this thread.

I thought yours and Starfin's posts were inappropriate and I had a legitimate reason to post as I did, it is you that, yet again, turns it into a childish squabble rather than refute my argument.

PS - Don't refer to me as a friend, I don't know you.

I know you my friend. wink.gif

I think you are what some people call a cyber stalker. You are the only one who has shown obsessive tendencies towards my posts. I have been writing for years and you are the only one who has popped up like an annoying itch just to be irritating.

You carry on my friend if that is what gives you your kicks. I won’t be going anywhere.

All the best,

Glenn

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Jun 30 2009, 12:29 AM
Post #13

Advanced Member

QUOTE (GMR @ Jun 30 2009, 01:15 AM) *
I know you my friend. wink.gif

Beyond cyberspace? In any case, I don't know you, so the point still stands. Friendship should be mutual.

I think you are what some people call a cyber stalker. You are the only one who has shown obsessive tendencies towards my posts.

I only criticise where I disagree AND where you have not made sense. I am not sitting and waiting for you to write. So I repeat, I think you and Starfin's posts were in poor taste and I had a right to say so. This was born out of your post that was ambiguous.

I have been writing for years and you are the only one who has popped up like an annoying itch just to be irritating.

I can assure you I am not doing this to just be annoying. You post with such frequency, I'd be never able to keep up.

You carry on my friend if that is what gives you your kicks. I won’t be going anywhere.

More's the pity, but I don't argue for kicks, I'd just rather you would support your point of view better instead of just repeatedly patronising me. I note it is you that over reacts to any point where I challenge what you say.

Why can't you just refute my claims with rational argument, rather than insult me? This thread could be your first opportunity, so please explain why you think I have misunderstood your 'jokes' on this thread and indeed, is not in poor taste?

+Quote Post
GMR
post Jun 30 2009, 12:38 AM
Post #14

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Iommi @ Jun 30 2009, 01:29 AM) *
Beyond cyberspace? In any case, I don't know you, so the point still stands. Friendship should be mutual.

I only criticise where I disagree AND where you have not made sense. I am not sitting and waiting for you to write. So I repeat, I think you and Starfin's posts were in poor taste and I had a right to say so. This was born out of your post that was ambiguous.

I can assure you I am not doing this to just be annoying. You post with such frequency, I'd be never able to keep up.

More's the pity, but I don't argue for kicks, I'd just rather you would support your point of view better instead of just repeatedly patronising me. I note it is you that over reacts to any point where I challenge what you say.

Why can't you just refute my claims with rational argument, rather than insult me? This thread could be your first opportunity, so please explain why you think I have misunderstood your 'jokes' on this thread and indeed, is not in poor taste?

Hi my friend,

This is what I mean about obsessive behaviour. Also your arguments don’t hold up well about wanting to correct peoples “mistakes” as you’ve ignored quite a few people on here who have made some howlers. I’ve been getting quite a few PM’s from members concerned with your fixation towards me.

It is not just me observing your behaviour my friend, but other members who are showing concern over your actions. I suggest you back off and leave well alone before somebody makes a complaint against you. These forums are good boards and it doesn’t want somebody like you spoiling them.

All the best to you my friend,

Glenn

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Jun 30 2009, 12:42 AM
Post #15

Advanced Member

QUOTE (GMR @ Jun 30 2009, 01:38 AM) *
This is what I mean about obsessive behaviour. Also your arguments don’t hold up well about wanting to correct peoples “mistakes” as you’ve ignored quite a few people on here who have made some howlers. I’ve been getting quite a few PM’s from members concerned with your fixation towards me. It is not just me observing your behaviour my friend, but other members who are showing concern over your actions. I suggest you back off and leave well alone before somebody makes a complaint against you. These forums are good boards and it doesn’t want somebody like you spoiling them.

Lets just remind ourselves of the horrendous personal attack that I have made on you that was so deserving of your response!

QUOTE (GMR @ Jun 29 2009, 10:57 PM) *
laugh.gif laugh.gif

I did think that Bill1 was perhaps a little candid with his anecdote and GMR probably worded his post poorly, but I'm unsure if this is the right thread and subject to make a joke of this nature. huh.gif

So it is clear that you cannot refute or apologise for the tone of the 'jokes' and what you find funny. It ends here then.

+Quote Post
GMR
post Jun 30 2009, 12:43 AM
Post #16

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Iommi @ Jun 30 2009, 01:42 AM) *
So it is clear that you cannot refute or apologise for the tone of your 'jokes'. It ends here then.

I hope it ends here because you are becoming a nuisance and an obsessive. I won't reply to you if you leave me alone.

All the best,

Glenn

+Quote Post
Guest_Bill1_*
post Jun 30 2009, 07:27 AM
Post #17

Guests

Any chance of getting back to the SERIOUS point I was trying to make? angry.gif

ps I am nobody's "shadow".

pps Do not try to change my mind on this.

+Quote Post
AmieB
post Jun 30 2009, 08:09 AM
Post #18

Advanced Member

Member No.: 44

I am sat here laughing at these 2 squabbling like girls - are you sure it wasn't GMR and Iommi sat on the bench Bill....? laugh.gif

+Quote Post
AmieB
post Jun 30 2009, 08:20 AM
Post #19

Advanced Member

Member No.: 44

QUOTE (Bill1 @ Jun 29 2009, 05:50 PM) *

I dont think there 'home life' has anything to do with what they said. Its just 2 schoolgirls being silly and immature.

2 schoolgirls were shouting at a pakistani couple the other day. Being racist. Showing off to each other I think. In the end I went over and told them to get lost and grow up (i can not stand bullying), they went to argue with me back and someone else came over and told them to go away too. The scuttled off with the heads hanged low.

2 different situations but just shows what schoolgirls are like......

+Quote Post
Simon
post Jun 30 2009, 08:24 AM
Post #20

Advanced Member

Member No.: 18

This is a very entertaining thread, i have been laughing out loud at work reading this. Keep up the good work my friends

--------------------
If I ruled the world.......

+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:49 PM