> General Election, The awful choice facing the electorate
Hugh Saskin
post Feb 10 2010, 08:10 AM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 37

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Feb 9 2010, 02:39 PM) *
and as for Brown......I wished he'd go back to Scotland and stay there. wink.gif

But he didn't though, did he?, and I doubt he'll ever treat MPs to a self-pitying 'This forum is no longer for me so I bid my farewell', either laugh.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
user23
post Feb 10 2010, 08:24 AM
Post #22

Advanced Member

Member No.: 50

QUOTE (Darren @ Feb 9 2010, 05:51 PM) *
Not sure about UKIP doing well, but keep a close eye on BNP as they feed on this kind of enviroment.
You're right, it seems to be the party of the xenophobe and the easily fooled.

"They're the only ones talking sense about immigration. This county is rubbish now becuase of all the immigrants who want to come here. Of course they all want to come here because it's such a great country"

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Feb 10 2010, 08:43 AM
Post #23

Advanced Member

Member No.: 20

QUOTE (user23 @ Feb 10 2010, 08:24 AM) *
"They're the only ones talking sense about immigration. This county is rubbish now becuase of all the immigrants who want to come here. Of course they all want to come here because it's such a great country"

Regardless of the truth, there are plenty of people who feel like this. I think the main parties should bear this in mind.

+Quote Post
regor
post Feb 10 2010, 02:56 PM
Post #24

Advanced Member

Member No.: 236

Whatever became of the Monster raving Looney Party?

Oh Yes, I remember - they lost their sense of humour and became the BNP! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Biker1
post Feb 10 2010, 03:33 PM
Post #25

Advanced Member

Member No.: 103

QUOTE (user23 @ Feb 10 2010, 08:24 AM) *
You're right, it seems to be the party of the xenophobe and the easily fooled.

The fact that User sees fit to denigrate this party only makes me more curious as to what they may have to offer.

+Quote Post
JeffG
post Feb 10 2010, 04:51 PM
Post #26

Advanced Member

Member No.: 56

QUOTE (Biker1 @ Feb 10 2010, 03:33 PM) *
The fact that User sees fit to denigrate this party only makes me more curious as to what they may have to offer.

Curiosity is no bad thing. At least you'll find out just what they are like. (Were we talking UKIP or BNP? I forgot smile.gif)

+Quote Post
user23
post Feb 10 2010, 10:52 PM
Post #27

Advanced Member

Member No.: 50

QUOTE (JeffG @ Feb 10 2010, 04:51 PM) *
Curiosity is no bad thing. At least you'll find out just what they are like. (Were we talking UKIP or BNP? I forgot smile.gif )
The BNP

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Feb 11 2010, 09:07 AM
Post #28

Advanced Member

Member No.: 60

QUOTE (Hugh Saskin @ Feb 10 2010, 08:10 AM) *
But he didn't though, did he?, and I doubt he'll ever treat MPs to a self-pitying 'This forum is no longer for me so I bid my farewell', either laugh.gif

Don't you ever have anything to say Hugh apart from criticising other Forum Members? You really are quite a sad individual with no thoughts of your own. I think you need to seek some help Hugh. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Hugh Saskin
post Feb 11 2010, 09:21 AM
Post #29

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Feb 11 2010, 09:07 AM) *
Don't you ever have anything to say Hugh apart from criticising other Forum Members? You really are quite a sad individual with no thoughts of your own. I think you need to seek some help Hugh. laugh.gif

'I don't have respect for Hugh and for that reason I would not ever respond to any of his vitrolic attacks any more.' Another broken promise - sure you're not a politician yourself? laugh.gif

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Feb 11 2010, 09:46 AM
Post #30

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Hugh Saskin @ Feb 11 2010, 09:21 AM) *
'I don't have respect for Hugh and for that reason I would not ever respond to any of his vitrolic attacks any more.' Another broken promise - sure you're not a politician yourself? laugh.gif

mmmm.. Let Me think. Contributions from me to the forum. The last 2 polls in the NWN were taken from questions I posed. What if anything have you ever asked of any importance????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Hugh Saskin
post Feb 11 2010, 09:54 AM
Post #31

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Feb 11 2010, 09:46 AM) *
mmmm.. Let Me think. Contributions from me to the forum. The last 2 polls in the NWN were taken from questions I posed. What if anything have you ever asked of any importance????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Correct me if I'm wrong but don't you also stand accused of plagiarism? Hardly difficult to get ideas that way....

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Feb 11 2010, 10:14 AM
Post #32

Advanced Member

Member No.: 20

Fight, fight, fight, fight, fight, fight!!!

+Quote Post
GMR
post Feb 11 2010, 10:29 AM
Post #33

Advanced Member

Member No.: 33

QUOTE (Bloggo @ Feb 9 2010, 01:57 PM) *
I expect to see the vote for UKIP to be beyond expectation as people reject the egotistical, self serving, hypocritical lying bunch of MPs and Cabinet Ministers that we have the mis-fortune to have voted for in the past.

I agree agree about UKIP. They are doing very well.

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Feb 11 2010, 11:03 AM
Post #34

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Hugh Saskin @ Feb 11 2010, 09:54 AM) *
Correct me if I'm wrong but don't you also stand accused of plagiarism? Hardly difficult to get ideas that way....

Correct me if I'm wrong Hugh but do you have anything ever useful to say apart from criticising other forum members? If you were on fire I would not urinate on you to put you out. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Feb 11 2010, 11:04 AM
Post #35

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Hugh Saskin @ Feb 11 2010, 09:54 AM) *

Oh and by the way - Do you have anything useful to say on this topic?

+Quote Post
Bloggo
post Feb 11 2010, 11:22 AM
Post #36

Advanced Member

Member No.: 41

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Feb 11 2010, 11:04 AM) *

I don't think I have seen him write anything at all usefull about any topic.
Seems to just want to annoy.

--------------------
Bloggo

+Quote Post
Blake
post Feb 11 2010, 04:29 PM
Post #37

Advanced Member

Member No.: 75

I agree with a lot of what I see here.

We are being offered some fairly flimsy, meaningless policies by a system groaning under weight of its out of touch, distant and inappropriateness.

Labour have wrecked the economy along with their banker friends and now we are saddled with this catastrophic mess which will weaken Britain for decades.

What this country needs is an executioner; someone at least TWICE as tough as Maggie was if we have any hope of getting Britain back on track. And yet, I do not see that person yet.

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Feb 12 2010, 09:22 AM
Post #38

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Feb 11 2010, 11:04 AM) *

Its oh so quiet.. shhhh shhhhh......... Come on Hugh. You must have an opinion on something other than criticising forum users?

I presume you will not be voting in the General Election then?

+Quote Post
Hugh Saskin
post Feb 12 2010, 01:19 PM
Post #39

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Feb 12 2010, 09:22 AM) *
Its oh so quiet.. shhhh shhhhh......... Come on Hugh. You must have an opinion on something other than criticising forum users?

I presume you will not be voting in the General Election then?

I know this may come as an unpleasant surprise, but for once I agree with you. We are faced with a pretty unimpressive collection from which to chose. Together with millions of others, my family was delighted when Blair swept to power in 1997, replacing the deadbeat Major government but gradually our trust was eroded over the years, probably really starting with the illegal invasion of Iraq. Now we also have a tired, discredited bunch asking for another term in power but the main opposion is led by a lacklustre chamelion-like character backed up by a snitchy boy wonder type of shadow chancellor and a shadow health minister who performed absolutely abysmally on the Today prog this morning (anyone else hear him?). Then there's the Lib Dems who, to be fair, did get it right about Iraq and have the only man, Vince Cable, who seems to talk sense about the economy. On the minus side, their leader is unmemorable and their track record when running local councils isn't great. Looks to me like there could be a hung parliament, presumably Dave Cameroon might be thinking that way as well, hence his wooing those Unionist characters in Northern Ireland. Lay a blanket of disdain regarding M.P.s expenses over it all and you have a right mess. I will probably vote, almost certainly, but still wavering about where I will put my X and am sure I'm not alone in being less than enthusiastic about all of them.

+Quote Post
Bloggo
post Feb 12 2010, 01:50 PM
Post #40

Advanced Member

Member No.: 41

QUOTE (Hugh Saskin @ Feb 12 2010, 01:19 PM) *
I know this may come as an unpleasant surprise, but for once I agree with you. We are faced with a pretty unimpressive collection from which to chose. Together with millions of others, my family was delighted when Blair swept to power in 1997, replacing the deadbeat Major government but gradually our trust was eroded over the years, probably really starting with the illegal invasion of Iraq. Now we also have a tired, discredited bunch asking for another term in power but the main opposion is led by a lacklustre chamelion-like character backed up by a snitchy boy wonder type of shadow chancellor and a shadow health minister who performed absolutely abysmally on the Today prog this morning (anyone else hear him?). Then there's the Lib Dems who, to be fair, did get it right about Iraq and have the only man, Vince Cable, who seems to talk sense about the economy. On the minus side, their leader is unmemorable and their track record when running local councils isn't great. Looks to me like there could be a hung parliament, presumably Dave Cameroon might be thinking that way as well, hence his wooing those Unionist characters in Northern Ireland. Lay a blanket of disdain regarding M.P.s expenses over it all and you have a right mess. I will probably vote, almost certainly, but still wavering about where I will put my X and am sure I'm not alone in being less than enthusiastic about all of them.

Well put. My sentiments entirely.
It's going to be a real leap of faith voting this time.

--------------------
Bloggo

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 01:51 PM