Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ideas to improve Newbury?
Good Boy Racer
post Jul 20 2009, 02:08 PM
Post #41

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 22

Stocks in the Town Centre would be good with free ripe tomatoes to pelt the scum with.

Newbury would actually suit that! laugh.gif

--------------------
"Quick, Hide something that looks like fun!"
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Darren
post Jul 20 2009, 08:50 PM
Post #42

Advanced Member

Member No.: 61

Let's not waste good tomatoes. How about eggs 2 weeks out of date? Stale muffins from coffee shops?

+Quote Post
lordtup
post Jul 21 2009, 08:02 AM
Post #43

Advanced Member

Member No.: 164

QUOTE (hamster @ Jun 12 2009, 03:21 PM) *
1. The American bridge (from Park Way to the Wharf) should be extended to two lanes and 2. a slip road put in from the Wharf to the A339 with traffic light control. The single lane slip road could go through the car park midway between the Librabry and the rear of KFC. This would improve traffic flow from one side of town to the other especially when ParkWay shopping goes live.

3. HGV's headed for A339.. specific signage should be installed on the A34 to direct them to the A339 via Tothill exit so that they avoid the town.

4. I agree with a previous poster that a slip road should be put in to Newbury Retail Park direct from the A339 South.

5. Free 15 mins of car parking across all Council Car Parks, I object to having to pay a pound to park in Eight Bells to pick up my takeaway from Bartholomew Street just becuase its after 6pm (it would be 50p before 6pm)
I also object to paying parking to drop books off at the library because they lock the quick-drop box when it is still open so you have to either park illegally on double yellows to race in to dop the books or pay 50p for 2 minutes parking.

Totally agree with your sentiment.I'm afraid this just highlights the fact that parking charges are just another cash cow in the field of production

--------------------
Rem tene verba sequentur

+Quote Post
Darren
post Jul 21 2009, 10:48 AM
Post #44

Advanced Member

Member No.: 61

I always though there was a 15 mins grace period. Might have been unofficial though.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 09:43 AM