Anyone else had any problems like this?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ki11ingtim3
post Jul 10 2009, 11:11 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 187

My locker was broken into on the 2nd of June this year, while I was exercising in the gym at Northcroft. My bag, containing my clothes, car keys, wallet, credit and cash cards, driving license, money and a watch of great sentimental value was stolen. Subsequently my car was stolen from the Northcroft car park (presumably by the same thieves). It was joy-ridden for 3 hours during which the thieves managed to accumulate a speeding ticket, then ditched near Western Avenue and set fire to. This was reported to the centre staff and the police, and I received similar responses to those given in the article.

QUOTE (SarahNWN @ Jul 10 2009, 10:02 AM) *

+Quote Post
Instigator
post Jul 10 2009, 11:14 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 179

Many years ago, theft at Northcroft was all the rage. after having my locker repeatedly broken into, and the management doing nothing about the security, I stopped going there. Shame to see that its back on the rise again, as some people dont have the option to find an alternative leisure centre.

--------------------
INSTIGATOR

+Quote Post
Guest_Bill1_*
post Jul 10 2009, 01:22 PM
Post #4

Guests

Surely an undercover officer spending a little time there of an evening would soon catch the perpetrators.

+Quote Post
Hugh Saskin
post Jul 10 2009, 04:07 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 37

QUOTE (Bill1 @ Jul 10 2009, 02:22 PM) *
Surely an undercover officer spending a little time there of an evening would soon catch the perpetrators.

Yes, maybe - but what about beefing up security in the form of better lockers, cctv, that kind of thing? If I remember rightly, people who did this kind of thing were even regarded with disdain by the criminal fraternity, the lowest of the low, but maybe that was in the good old days. sad.gif

+Quote Post
Guest_Bill1_*
post Jul 10 2009, 04:12 PM
Post #6

Guests

QUOTE (Hugh Saskin @ Jul 10 2009, 05:07 PM) *
Yes, maybe - but what about beefing up security in the form of better lockers, cctv, that kind of thing? If I remember rightly, people who did this kind of thing were even regarded with disdain by the criminal fraternity, the lowest of the low, but maybe that was in the good old days. sad.gif

You can't beat catching the litlle ******** red handed.

People get their stuff back and no excuses can be made as alibies.

+Quote Post
GMR
post Jul 10 2009, 06:51 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 33

I know this is an ongoing problem as there have been many people who have had problems with items going missing.

+Quote Post
Guest_Bill1_*
post Jul 10 2009, 07:10 PM
Post #8

Guests

QUOTE (GMR @ Jul 10 2009, 07:51 PM) *
I know this is an ongoing problem as there have been many people who have had problems with items going missing.

And........

+Quote Post
GMR
post Jul 10 2009, 07:11 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Bill1 @ Jul 10 2009, 08:10 PM) *
And........

so we need to do something about... like extra camera's around.

By the way; thanks. wink.gif

+Quote Post
Guest_Bill1_*
post Jul 10 2009, 07:13 PM
Post #10

Guests

You can disguise yourself with hoods scarves shades etc.

As I said earlier catch them in the act, no alibi, no disguise, no chance of getting away with it!

+Quote Post
blackdog
post Jul 11 2009, 08:53 AM
Post #11

Advanced Member

Member No.: 130

QUOTE (Instigator @ Jul 10 2009, 12:14 PM) *
... some people dont have the option to find an alternative leisure centre.

If they demolish Northcroft to build the new Speenhamland school people will have to find an alternative.

+Quote Post
ki11ingtim3
post Jul 13 2009, 09:38 PM
Post #12

QUOTE (blackdog @ Jul 11 2009, 09:53 AM) *
If they demolish Northcroft to build the new Speenhamland school people will have to find an alternative.

That seems a little harsh. Community facilities are important and should be affordable. They should also be places where people feel comfortable, confident and secure to exercise. If Northcroft is failing to provide for the security of users it is failing. I'd hate to think that parents couldn't make use of a valuable facility for matters such as teaching their kids to swim, that sports teams couldn't have confidence visiting for a match, that middle aged men couldn't get in their game of squash after a stressful day, all because the centre isn't prepared to take sufficient responsibility for providing basic and important functions intrinsic to the successful running any leisure facility.

+Quote Post
Darren
post Jul 13 2009, 10:06 PM
Post #13

Advanced Member

Member No.: 61

Lots of talk of wanting CCTV to be installed. Remember, this is in the changing room. I can the reaction if that was announced.

+Quote Post
GMR
post Jul 13 2009, 10:14 PM
Post #14

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Darren @ Jul 13 2009, 11:06 PM) *
Lots of talk of wanting CCTV to be installed. Remember, this is in the changing room. I can the reaction if that was announced.

I mentioned CCTV but I didn't mean in the changing rooms. If they put them outside with a timer on it they can check who was in and out about the time the items were stolen. I know that isn't ideal but it is better than nothing. Or they could have CCTV pointed at the changing room lockers only. That way the person's modesty would be protected.

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Jul 13 2009, 11:12 PM
Post #15

Advanced Member

Member No.: 20

In the old days there used to be a 'locker man'. A blond haired bloke with a 'tash. GMR's right, the cameras could be aimed properly, or the changing rooms suitably rearranged to 'protect one's privacy.

+Quote Post
ki11ingtim3
post Jul 14 2009, 08:08 AM
Post #16

QUOTE (Iommi @ Jul 14 2009, 12:12 AM) *
In the old days there used to be a 'locker man'. A blond haired bloke with a 'tash. GMR's right, the cameras could be aimed properly, or the changing rooms suitably rearranged to 'protect one's privacy.

I agree that Cctv cams with a notice that they're pointed at lockers would be a good plan. Maybe they should get some advice from some of the private gyms where this would be taken very seriously. On a lighter note, I now have visions of a "locker man" with a dodgy Swedish accent offering out hot towels to the customers! Ha ha ha!!!

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Jul 14 2009, 08:25 AM
Post #17

Advanced Member

Member No.: 60

The Saudis have the right idea. Put security in. If you catch them chop their hands off. They won't be doing it again then.

+Quote Post
GMR
post Jul 14 2009, 09:04 AM
Post #18

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Jul 14 2009, 09:25 AM) *
The Saudis have the right idea. Put security in. If you catch them chop their hands off. They won't be doing it again then.

I agree that they have the right idea. If you attack a women you chop something else off.

+Quote Post
ki11ingtim3
post Jul 14 2009, 12:11 PM
Post #19

QUOTE (GMR @ Jul 14 2009, 10:04 AM) *
I agree that they have the right idea. If you attack a women you chop something else off.

I really hope that you're not in the slightest bit serious. Whilst I'm not averse to a swift bop on the head from a copper to a perp, I think tagging the little b****ds and sticking them under house arrest is plenty enough of a deterrent to combat crime on this scale. They stole my car, they didn't rape a family member. Try to keep perspective people!!!

+Quote Post
Guest_Bill1_*
post Jul 14 2009, 12:23 PM
Post #20

Guests

QUOTE (ki11ingtim3 @ Jul 14 2009, 01:11 PM) *
I really hope that you're not in the slightest bit serious. Whilst I'm not averse to a swift bop on the head from a copper to a perp, I think tagging the little b****ds and sticking them under house arrest is plenty enough of a deterrent to combat crime on this scale. They stole my car, they didn't rape a family member. Try to keep perspective people!!!

Agreed!

Some on here do get a tad carried away.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:12 AM