Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bouquets & Brickbats, A Public Service
Biker1
post Nov 21 2009, 02:38 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 103

I thought I would start a thread on here where, as a service to those who read this forum, gave an opinion of services received by companies. (Local or otherwise).

Both good and bad.

I thought it may be of help to some.

Any thoughts on that?
Good idea or bad? (Can you be sued for libel?)

I'll start by warning against a mail order company call Easylife.
Promise 72 hour delivery on their website.
I ordered on 3rd Nov. and goods finally came today.
No help from "Customer Service"
Don't use if you want your goods quickly!

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JeffG
post Nov 21 2009, 03:59 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 56

I second the comment about Easylife: used them once, never again.

On the other hand, Coopers of Stortford are very good - one thing they do is a brilliant rechargeable electric sweeper which is better than a vacuum cleaner for some things, and much quicker and easier to use.

+Quote Post
JeffG
post Nov 21 2009, 04:04 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Strafin @ Nov 21 2009, 03:14 PM) *
New Greenham Tandoori is excellent, and probably the best curry house in West Berkshire, and has been for over 10 years.

Perhaps you should organise a meal there for the regulars on these forums? Might be fun if we can avoid a fight biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Me-again
post Nov 21 2009, 08:30 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 68

I too like The New Greenham Tandoori. I would certainly recommend it! If any of you out there run your own business and require uniform of any kind, from fire proof pants to business suits I can recommend The Work Clothing Company.

+Quote Post
blackdog
post Nov 22 2009, 01:39 AM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 130

QUOTE (Me-again @ Nov 21 2009, 08:30 PM) *
I too like The New Greenham Tandoori.

I wonder if they will be looking for space in the pavilion in the park when New Greenham Arts move down there and their buildings are demolished? An evening use for the cafe?

+Quote Post
Biker1
post Nov 22 2009, 10:07 AM
Post #6

Advanced Member

ATS Euromaster of Queens Road refused to honour the warranty on the exhaust on my car after it failed within the 1 year period.

The claimed it was "my fault" that it had failed!

How can the failure of an exhaust silencer be my fault?

They will also try and sell you tyres you do not need using their "free vehicle safety check" as a sales technique.
They claimed I needed 2 new tyres that I refused to buy and the car passed the MOT a week later!

+Quote Post
Biker1
post Nov 22 2009, 10:10 AM
Post #7

Advanced Member

"Richard" Lovett of Hungerford (they won't let me put the abbreviation of Richard but it begins wit D and ends with K and is a four letter word!) give a customer service that is second to none.

They look after you from when you first set foot on the premises.

They keep you informed of what needs doing and what they are doing and are pleasant and courteous throughout.
(Free coffee & biscuits too).

+Quote Post
JeffG
post Nov 22 2009, 11:54 AM
Post #8

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Biker1 @ Nov 22 2009, 10:10 AM) *
"Richard" Lovett of Hungerford

You don't say what service they provide. I'm assuming tyres and exhausts like the previous post.

+Quote Post
Strafin
post Nov 22 2009, 12:09 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

Member No.: 55

QUOTE (user23 @ Nov 22 2009, 12:05 PM) *
You're happy to use their forum though. wink.gif

No I'm not. I am guessing then that is why I got banned from Newbury.net a while back then, when I mentioned it on there? I didn't realise they had anything to do with it. If that is the case I am slightly worried about them having any of my personal details.

+Quote Post
user23
post Nov 22 2009, 12:20 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Member No.: 50

QUOTE (Strafin @ Nov 22 2009, 12:09 PM) *
No I'm not. I am guessing then that is why I got banned from Newbury.net a while back then, when I mentioned it on there? I didn't realise they had anything to do with it. If that is the case I am slightly worried about them having any of my personal details.
It's run by the same bloke who owns the shop you allude to, and is the chair of the local Retail Association which is why many of their "news" items are biased in favour of town traders.

Some news items even have the site owner interviewing himself in the third person as Retail Association chairman!

+Quote Post
JeffG
post Nov 22 2009, 12:28 PM
Post #11

Advanced Member

Huh? What are the last two posts referring to? And where is the original quote from?

Though I do recall something about a local computer repair shop that seems to have disappeared.

+Quote Post
user23
post Nov 22 2009, 12:44 PM
Post #12

Advanced Member

Member No.: 50

QUOTE (JeffG @ Nov 22 2009, 12:28 PM) *
Huh? What are the last two posts referring to? And where is the original quote from?

Though I do recall something about a local computer repair shop that seems to have disappeared.
The original post by Strafin which has now been removed referred in part to this.

Software Piracy

+Quote Post
Biker1
post Nov 22 2009, 01:01 PM
Post #13

Advanced Member

QUOTE (JeffG @ Nov 22 2009, 11:54 AM) *
You don't say what service they provide. I'm assuming tyres and exhausts like the previous post.

Sorry - no they are a BMW / Mini main dealer garage although I think they will deal with all makes.

Looks like you have to be quick to read posts on this thread before they are removed if they don't suit! sad.gif

+Quote Post
Bartholomew
post Nov 22 2009, 03:26 PM
Post #14

Advanced Member

Member No.: 261

QUOTE (user23 @ Nov 22 2009, 01:20 PM) *
It's run by the same bloke who owns the shop you allude to, and is the chair of the local Retail Association which is why many of their "news" items are biased in favour of town traders.

Some news items even have the site owner interviewing himself in the third person as Retail Association chairman!

I think that you'll find that the owner of the shop and the NRA chairman are not the same person. You have made an assumption here and drawn some incorrect conclusions.

+Quote Post
JeffG
post Nov 22 2009, 03:28 PM
Post #15

Advanced Member

QUOTE (user23 @ Nov 22 2009, 12:44 PM) *
The original post by Strafin which has now been removed referred in part to this.

Software Piracy

Now I remember. I suppose it could have been libellous if not substantiated. (Gosh - two long words in one sentence!).

And thanks for the clarification, Biker1. Though not having a BMW or a mini I use Rowstock the Nissan main dealer - another excellent outfit.

+Quote Post
Bloggo
post Nov 23 2009, 09:25 AM
Post #16

Advanced Member

Member No.: 41

Although I hate using the shop, I have to say that Tesco online is a superb service for buying electrical goods that makes the purchasing transaction absolutely clear and keeps you informed by text as to the delivery status thoughout the process. Brilliant.

Amazon has been another great success from my perspective.

--------------------
Bloggo

+Quote Post
Biker1
post Nov 23 2009, 09:36 AM
Post #17

Advanced Member

"I think that you'll find that the owner of the shop and the NRA chairman are not the same person. You have made an assumption here and drawn some incorrect conclusions."

I think you're wrong there!

link

Click on "committee members"

It might be historical but the link is there.

Quick or it will be gone!

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Nov 23 2009, 10:16 AM
Post #18

Advanced Member

Member No.: 20

QUOTE (Biker1 @ Nov 23 2009, 09:36 AM) *
"I think that you'll find that the owner of the shop and the NRA chairman are not the same person. You have made an assumption here and drawn some incorrect conclusions." I think you're wrong there! link Click on "committee members" It might be historical but the link is there. Quick or it will be gone!

I understand that the owner of the computer shop is not the Chairman of the NRA (note the c/o in the addresses and different telephone number).

+Quote Post
blackdog
post Nov 23 2009, 11:01 AM
Post #19

Advanced Member

Member No.: 130

QUOTE (Iommi @ Nov 23 2009, 10:16 AM) *
I understand that the owner of the computer shop is not the Chairman of the NRA (note the c/o in the addresses and different telephone number).

You are quite correct. The Chairman of the NRA (Brian Burgess) is the owner of newbury.net (Newbury Internet) - but NOT the owner of ICN Computers (Roy Speirs). As can easily be seen in the list of attendees in minutes of the meeting of the NRA (12 Dec 2006) that the link gives access to. See http://www.nranewbury.co.uk/id1.html

Mixing up two different people and publically accusing one of the other's actions is a dangerous pastime in this litigious world.

+Quote Post
Bartholomew
post Nov 23 2009, 12:03 PM
Post #20

Advanced Member

Member No.: 261

QUOTE (blackdog @ Nov 23 2009, 11:01 AM) *
You are quite correct. The Chairman of the NRA (Brian Burgess) is the owner of newbury.net (Newbury Internet) - but NOT the owner of ICN Computers (Roy Speirs). As can easily be seen in the list of attendees in minutes of the meeting of the NRA (12 Dec 2006) that the link gives access to. See http://www.nranewbury.co.uk/id1.html

Mixing up two different people and publically accusing one of the other's actions is a dangerous pastime in this litigious world.

Thanks for confirming this

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 04:14 PM