Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What is news?
Phil_D11102
post May 16 2010, 07:00 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 846

I read with great amusement the story of the "tree spirits". I find it amusing because the NWN published the photos supplied by the person who sees the "spirits". No harm in that at all.

Earlier in the year I gave to the NWN a video, granted not digital, of "objects" travelling at great speed over Thatcham in the direction of Greenham Common. Two of the objects went around our house before joining up with others. So far nobody at the NWN has come back to us with an explanation (and we have called them), nor have they been able to put the video on this website because they don't know how to take the video and put it on digital. And we are not talking a couple of strange light objects, we are talking about 10 or 12 of them.

I guess the NWN is more on the side of "tree spirits" than on the side of flying saucers...

Next time I will call the Sun.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Iommi
post May 16 2010, 07:50 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 20

How do you have videos, on what format?

+Quote Post
Phil_D11102
post May 16 2010, 09:45 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Iommi @ May 16 2010, 08:50 PM) *
How do you have videos, on what format?

I have the video because I videod it, on standard VHS format.

+Quote Post
Guest_Newburymafia_*
post May 17 2010, 07:43 AM
Post #4

Guests

Maybe I'm not looking hard enough, but I really can't see anything in those totally normal pictures of tree bark. Carlo Ramsky, if that is his real name, sounds like a bit of a nutter.

Phil, the NWN has published quite a few chinese lantern stories in the past few years. I imagine there's only so many they can cover.

Check this out: http://www.newburytoday.co.uk/News/FlashNe...amp;CategoryID=

PS - converting VHS to a digital format is a bit fiddly if you don't have the right bit of kit to do it.

+Quote Post
Phil_D11102
post May 17 2010, 08:08 AM
Post #5

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Newburymafia @ May 17 2010, 08:43 AM) *
Maybe I'm not looking hard enough, but I really can't see anything in those totally normal pictures of tree bark. Carlo Ramsky, if that is his real name, sounds like a bit of a nutter.

Phil, the NWN has published quite a few chinese lantern stories in the past few years. I imagine there's only so many they can cover.

Check this out: http://www.newburytoday.co.uk/News/FlashNe...amp;CategoryID=

PS - converting VHS to a digital format is a bit fiddly if you don't have the right bit of kit to do it.

If this is a case of chinese lanterns, why hasn't the NWN said as such? A follow up with a simple phone call. If it was chinese lanterns, why did the NWN want the tape to show and call the authorities? As many as there were in the sky that evening, I am sure we were not the only ones to see them, let alone record them.

The speed that these things were moving at was pretty incredable.

I am surprised that a modern news organization cannot pull a minutes worth of video tape and convert it to digital.

+Quote Post
misc
post May 17 2010, 10:15 AM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 729

QUOTE (Phil_D11102 @ May 17 2010, 08:08 AM) *
I am surprised that a modern news organization cannot pull a minutes worth of video tape and convert it to digital.

It's not exactly hard. Any PC with a video-in enabled graphics card and some free software is capable of capturing the output from a VHS player.

+Quote Post
Guest_Bill1_*
post May 17 2010, 12:01 PM
Post #7

Guests

Whoever can see faces in those pictures is erm, barking wink.gif

+Quote Post
Strafin
post May 17 2010, 03:44 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Member No.: 55

They should get themselves off to a branch of Specsavers

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 11:53 PM