user23
post Nov 3 2010, 08:53 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 50

QUOTE (Iommi @ Nov 3 2010, 08:46 PM) *
...who the bloody heck left GMR's cage unlocked? angry.gif tongue.gif
Dunno, I've had him on Ignore for ages now ever since he decided to continue every thread with his "..no, YOU are" style of debating.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
GMR
post Nov 3 2010, 08:55 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 33

Nobody left it unlocked, I was given the key a few years ago because they (they being the psychiatric nurses) thought I was medicating ok (personally I question their logic, but... hey!!!!! who am I to argue with the nut-wardens?). Let us just be grateful.......

PS things must be slow on here to dedicate a thread to me..... but i do love you and i will reciprocate one day... with something that will tickle your mysterons!!!!!! tongue.gif wink.gif

+Quote Post
GMR
post Nov 3 2010, 08:56 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

QUOTE (user23 @ Nov 3 2010, 08:53 PM) *
Dunno, I've had him on Ignore for ages now. laugh.gif

That is your misfortune... you will never hear words of wisdom... but then reading your posts it would be wasted on you anyway..... wink.gif

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Nov 3 2010, 09:27 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 20

QUOTE (GMR @ Nov 3 2010, 08:55 PM) *
but i do love you and i will reciprocate one day...

That's what I'm worried about! unsure.gif

+Quote Post
GMR
post Nov 3 2010, 10:19 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Iommi @ Nov 3 2010, 09:27 PM) *
That's what I'm worried about! unsure.gif

No need to worry my friend... just look at me as your pastor who will lead you to the promised land. wink.gif

As Chuck Berry said in the same name song:

Swing low sweet chariot, come down easy
Taxi to the terminal zone;
Cut your engines, cool your wings,
And let me make it to the telephone.

It says it all. tongue.gif

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Nov 4 2010, 03:27 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 98

If we are all in the asylum - what's the betting GMR does have the key?!

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
Chesapeake
post Nov 4 2010, 04:20 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Member No.: 205

QUOTE (On the edge @ Nov 4 2010, 03:27 PM) *

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

+Quote Post
GMR
post Nov 4 2010, 05:32 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

QUOTE (On the edge @ Nov 4 2010, 03:27 PM) *

Sssssssshhhhhhh.... you promised you wouldn't say anything!!!!! ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
HeatherW
post Nov 4 2010, 08:33 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Member No.: 988

When I first read the first thread I was taken back by ‘forum member bashing,’ or what seemed like it, but seeing as GMR is playing along with it I suppose it is ok. But I would not feel comfortable denigrating another member, if that was the original posters intentions. We are all entitled to our views, ways and differences. Without it we would be a sadder nation.

+Quote Post
user23
post Nov 4 2010, 08:42 PM
Post #11

Advanced Member

I think he was referring to GMR's blitz on the forum. In the over 70s drivers thread he's replied to himself four times.

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Nov 4 2010, 08:47 PM
Post #12

Advanced Member

QUOTE (HeatherW @ Nov 4 2010, 08:33 PM) *
When I first read the first thread I was taken back by ‘forum member bashing,’ or what seemed like it, but seeing as GMR is playing along with it I suppose it is ok. But I would not feel comfortable denigrating another member, if that was the original posters intentions. We are all entitled to our views, ways and differences. Without it we would be a sadder nation.

If you were faithfully to the opinion emboldened in the quote, you shouldn't have made this point! wink.gif

As for GMR, yes it was tongue in cheek, hence the emoticon at the end of the sentence. Having said that, even though I wouldn't dream of saying that GMR shouldn't post here, in the way he does, I think half of his posts are drivel and he can quite frankly be an unfunny nuisance. No-doubt many will think the same about me, but like GMR, it seems, I couldn't give a flying perp what people think about my (sometimes lack of) manners!

My default is to have a sober adult conversation about topics I like, but should someone start to take liberties with what I post, then I can be as childish or rude as the best of them.

PS: What user23 said!

+Quote Post
HeatherW
post Nov 4 2010, 08:53 PM
Post #13

Advanced Member

QUOTE (user23 @ Nov 4 2010, 09:42 PM) *
I think he was referring to GMR's blitz on the forum. In the over 70s drivers thread he's replied to himself four times.

And you are saying this is not allowed? Are you a forum mod? What business is it of us how other members reply on here? Providing they are not abusive and attack others. This smacks of Big Brother.

By the way. Did I not read that you had put GMR on ‘ignore’? So how would you know if you can not read his posts? And while I am on the matter, is it not childish putting people on ‘ignore’? I thought we were all grown up and adultish on here. Maybe not in all cases going by your post.

I have read some of your posts Mr User23. What did it say in the Bible when a group of people were throwing stones at a prostitute and Jesus said 'those without no sin,' or whatever? You have a habit of winding people up on here so I thought you would know better.

+Quote Post
HeatherW
post Nov 4 2010, 08:58 PM
Post #14

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Iommi @ Nov 4 2010, 09:47 PM) *
If you were faithfully to the opinion emboldened in the quote, you shouldn't have made this point! wink.gif

As for GMR, yes it was tongue in cheek, hence the emoticon at the end of the sentence. Having said that, even though I wouldn't dream of saying that GMR shouldn't post here, in the way he does, I think half of his posts are drivel and he can quite frankly be an unfunny nuisance. No-doubt many will think the same about me, but like GMR, it seems, I couldn't give a flying perp what people think about my (sometimes lack of) manners!

My default is to have a sober adult conversation about topics I like, but should someone start to take liberties with what I post, then I can be as childish or rude as the best of them.

I have read some of GMR’s posts and he comes over as very intelligent and knowledgeable, however, I do agree with you that he also clowns around a lot. But then so do you. So the pot, kettle and black spring to mind. But giving you credit you do acknowledge your own faults. I suppose clowns have to do that otherwise they would just creep away and hide in a corner and die gracefully.

I must also say I do like your posts when you take the micky out of each other. Are you two friends in real life?

+Quote Post
user23
post Nov 4 2010, 09:01 PM
Post #15

Advanced Member

QUOTE (HeatherW @ Nov 4 2010, 08:53 PM) *
And you are saying this is not allowed? Are you a forum mod? What business is it of us how other members reply on here? Providing they are not abusive and attack others. This smacks of Big Brother.

By the way. Did I not read that you had put GMR on ‘ignore’? So how would you know if you can not read his posts? And while I am on the matter, is it not childish putting people on ‘ignore’? I thought we were all grown up and adultish on here. Maybe not in all cases going by your post.

I have read some of your posts Mr User23. What did it say in the Bible when a group of people were throwing stones at a prostitute and Jesus said 'those without no sin,' or whatever? You have a habit of winding people up on here so I thought you would know better.
I was saying nothing other than the reason I though for the original post. It turns out I was right.

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Nov 4 2010, 09:01 PM
Post #16

Advanced Member

And you are saying this is not allowed?

No he is not; I think you are over reacting.

Are you a forum mod? What business is it of us how other members reply on here? Providing they are not abusive and attack others.

I don't see what really is wrong with anyone saying that another is out of line. GMR can be as rude and arrogant as any of us, in his own way.

By the way. Did I not read that you had put GMR on ‘ignore’? So how would you know if you can not read his posts?

You can still see the poster, just not the text of the post.

And while I am on the matter, is it not childish putting people on ‘ignore’?

I don't see it does any harm, although I wouldn't put anyone on ignore. If they do something out of line; I'll just take the Mick out of them.

+Quote Post
GMR
post Nov 4 2010, 09:03 PM
Post #17

Advanced Member

QUOTE (user23 @ Nov 4 2010, 08:42 PM) *

I have checked that thread and I haven't replied to myself. But as Heather said, how do you know seeing as you have me on 'ignore'? I've also caught you reading my posts, so I am not on ignore... you just prefer saying it to look big.

+Quote Post
GMR
post Nov 4 2010, 09:04 PM
Post #18

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Iommi @ Nov 4 2010, 08:47 PM) *

I may talk drivel but I've got a long way to catch you up my friend. wink.gif

+Quote Post
HeatherW
post Nov 4 2010, 09:05 PM
Post #19

Advanced Member

QUOTE (user23 @ Nov 4 2010, 10:01 PM) *
I was saying nothing other than the reason I though for the original post. It turns out I was right.

Really!? That is not how I read it.

+Quote Post
user23
post Nov 4 2010, 09:06 PM
Post #20

Advanced Member

QUOTE (HeatherW @ Nov 4 2010, 09:05 PM) *
Really!? That is not how I read it.
You read it wrong then.

+Quote Post

8 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:45 PM