IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> N and T adverstiser now flytipping and public urination, Is this how adverstisers want to see their money spent ?
DereckT
post Feb 10 2018, 03:37 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,536

So out for a long walk today, get to the end of Peartree Lane. The bright yellow shopping trolley in the pavement drew my eye to the "person" urinating on a fence by the roadside. This person then took the trolley down the unpaved part of Peartree Lane. Coming back I saw him dart into the copse at the end of Peartree Lane with a large stack of newspapers. He came out quickly with none. When I got there I saw he had flytipped them (about 25 - 30).
Now aside from the public urination and flytipping, as an advertiser who had paid for an advert, would I be happy about it not being delivered, and then becoming a public nuisance ?.
Rang the paper to complain, just an answering machine...........
At the very least, the Newbury and Thatcham Advertiser should come and clear up their mess
Took a photo, not clear how to post it on here
Watch this space........
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
je suis Charlie
post Feb 10 2018, 04:20 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,530

QUOTE (DereckT @ Feb 10 2018, 03:37 PM) *
So out for a long walk today, get to the end of Peartree Lane. The bright yellow shopping trolley in the pavement drew my eye to the "person" urinating on a fence by the roadside. This person then took the trolley down the unpaved part of Peartree Lane. Coming back I saw him dart into the copse at the end of Peartree Lane with a large stack of newspapers. He came out quickly with none. When I got there I saw he had flytipped them (about 25 - 30).
Now aside from the public urination and flytipping, as an advertiser who had paid for an advert, would I be happy about it not being delivered, and then becoming a public nuisance ?.
Rang the paper to complain, just an answering machine...........
At the very least, the Newbury and Thatcham Advertiser should come and clear up their mess
Took a photo, not clear how to post it on here
Watch this space........

Shocked but not surprised. angry.gif

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Feb 10 2018, 05:52 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 98

Does seem a bit daft, all that wasted effort; clearly not thought through. The bin boys take away any amount of waste paper and don't seem to worry if they are all the same. I got rid of a heap of marketing junk like that. Nonetheless, I suppose paper rots down reasonably quickly unlike the bottles, crisp packets and other fast food detritus littering the streets. And urine, well that's actually a fertiliser, so he may well have done someone a favour.

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Feb 10 2018, 06:06 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 60

QUOTE (On the edge @ Feb 10 2018, 05:52 PM) *
Does seem a bit daft, all that wasted effort; clearly not thought through. The bin boys take away any amount of waste paper and don't seem to worry if they are all the same. I got rid of a heap of marketing junk like that. Nonetheless, I suppose paper rots down reasonably quickly unlike the bottles, crisp packets and other fast food detritus littering the streets. And urine, well that's actually a fertiliser, so he may well have done someone a favour.

I blame the immigrants. 😂😂
After all I'd be disappointing some on here if I didn't.

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Feb 10 2018, 06:39 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,341

My concern is centred around the "proposal" that we may soon be charged to use the re-cycling facility, which can only contribute to a growing trend in fly tipping. I know the responsible majority will still endeavour to keep our town tidy but why should we pay twice?

--------------------
Si non prius succederent.......... relinquere

+Quote Post
gel
post Feb 10 2018, 06:40 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 337

You could tweet the paper with abridged story & attach one image:
https://twitter.com/NewburyToday

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Feb 10 2018, 06:51 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Feb 10 2018, 06:39 PM) *
My concern is centred around the "proposal" that we may soon be charged to use the re-cycling facility, which can only contribute to a growing trend in fly tipping. I know the responsible majority will still endeavour to keep our town tidy but why should we pay twice?

In my case, a growing trend in bonfires. Sod the pollution.

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Feb 10 2018, 06:59 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Feb 10 2018, 06:51 PM) *

Bad man. Think of the next generation. You could make all the difference if you stopped burning fossil fuels and went vegan.😂

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Feb 10 2018, 07:13 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Feb 10 2018, 06:59 PM) *
Bad man. Think of the next generation. You could make all the difference if you stopped burning fossil fuels and went vegan.😂

Sod the next generation as well.

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Feb 10 2018, 08:54 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Feb 10 2018, 06:51 PM) *

Actually, very sensible and should be encouraged. I suspect the pollution caused by a bonfire is less than the heavy diesel powered lorry used to collect at the moment.

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
Turin Machine
post Feb 11 2018, 12:51 AM
Post #11

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,104

QUOTE (On the edge @ Feb 10 2018, 08:54 PM) *
Actually, very sensible and should be encouraged. I suspect the pollution caused by a bonfire is less than the heavy diesel powered lorry used to collect at the moment.

And the ashes can go on the flower beds as well.

--------------------
Gammon. And proud!

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Feb 11 2018, 09:43 AM
Post #12

Advanced Member

QUOTE (On the edge @ Feb 10 2018, 08:54 PM) *

Surely if we encourage global warming we will use less fossil fuels in order to keep warm? So the more bonfires we have now the less the next generation will require of something that is no longer available . Ok so a few "posh" holiday destinations will be only suitable for scuba enthusiasts and the polar bear will have to move south but by and large I quite fancy the idea of West Berkshire becoming a tropical ideal.

--------------------

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Feb 11 2018, 01:06 PM
Post #13

Advanced Member

Ah, the sneaky change of description from 'global warming' to 'climate change' means the tropical idil becomes a permanent chilly weekend in Aberdeen nationwide. You'll be grateful to warm your hands by the bonfire then!

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Feb 11 2018, 01:33 PM
Post #14

Advanced Member

QUOTE (On the edge @ Feb 11 2018, 01:06 PM) *
Ah, the sneaky change of description from 'global warming' to 'climate change' means the tropical idil becomes a permanent chilly weekend in Aberdeen nationwide. You'll be grateful to warm your hands by the bonfire then!

I blame Greenland for dumping all that freshwater into the oceans. Its the Eskimos fault.

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Feb 11 2018, 06:00 PM
Post #15

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Feb 11 2018, 01:33 PM) *
I blame Greenland for dumping all that freshwater into the oceans. Its the Eskimos fault.

Wouldn't put it passed them, have just seen on TV all the plastic crap they've left littering the ice; dreadful.

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Feb 11 2018, 06:04 PM
Post #16

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Feb 11 2018, 01:33 PM) *

See the blame culture is still alive and kicking. Are Eskimos now replacing those of middle eastern persuasion as the bete noire of the white supremacist? wink.gif Stop buying their fish fingers I say.

--------------------

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Feb 12 2018, 07:54 PM
Post #17

Advanced Member

Any response? From anyone?

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Feb 12 2018, 09:19 PM
Post #18

Advanced Member

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Feb 12 2018, 07:54 PM) *
Any response? From anyone?

Well, I'd simply suggest like everything else said to be a problem, we leave it to the next generations to sort out. After all, someone is likely to spot an opportunity, then market forces will take over. No need to do anything; the scare dies at least sell newspapers in a declining market.

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Feb 12 2018, 09:20 PM
Post #19

Advanced Member

QUOTE (On the edge @ Feb 12 2018, 09:19 PM) *
Well, I'd simply suggest like everything else said to be a problem, we leave it to the next generations to sort out. After all, someone is likely to spot an opportunity, then market forces will take over. No need to do anything; the scare dies at least sell newspapers in a declining market.

Jolly good idea, glad to see someone else 'on message'!

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Feb 13 2018, 06:17 AM
Post #20

Advanced Member

Member No.: 317

QUOTE (On the edge @ Feb 12 2018, 09:19 PM) *

Humanity has a habit of waiting until something becomes a problem before doing something about it. One day we will be too late.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:04 AM