Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Who owns West Berkshire?, 30 Landowners account for some 44%
gel
post Oct 4 2018, 10:03 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 337

Not a new article, but interesting never the less.
Mr Benyon at the top; there's a surprise.
https://whoownsengland.org/2017/04/17/the-t...-half-a-county/
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Oct 4 2018, 12:11 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,341

QUOTE (gel @ Oct 4 2018, 11:03 AM) *
Not a new article, but interesting never the less.
Mr Benyon at the top; there's a surprise.
https://whoownsengland.org/2017/04/17/the-t...-half-a-county/

Interesting. There appears to one or two glaring omissions but I am not about to start a witch hunt on that one. Still someone has to own the land and providing they manage it correctly I have no problem. If it was distributed among the great unwashed it would be a recipe for disaster.

--------------------
Si non prius succederent.......... relinquere

+Quote Post
spartacus
post Oct 4 2018, 04:56 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 221

QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Oct 4 2018, 01:11 PM) *
Still someone has to own the land and providing they manage it correctly I have no problem. If it was distributed among the great unwashed it would be a recipe for disaster.
Exactly.... handing land back didn't work out too well for Zimbabwe did it. The former Bread Basket of Southern Africa quickly turned into a basket case and now Julius Malema and his murderous thugs in the EFF are going to do the same to South Africa.

+Quote Post
x2lls
post Oct 4 2018, 05:20 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 511

QUOTE (spartacus @ Oct 4 2018, 05:56 PM) *
Exactly.... handing land back didn't work out too well for Zimbabwe did it. The former Bread Basket of Southern Africa quickly turned into a basket case and now Julius Malema and his murderous thugs in the EFF are going to do the same to South Africa.

They already are, but unofficially.

The ironic thing is that for most of the farms being attacked and ruined there are black families being put out of an income, and homeless in some cases.

Check out, if you haven't already, Lauren Southern and Katie Hopkins documentaries.

--------------------
There their, loose loser!

+Quote Post
newres
post Oct 4 2018, 05:28 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,961

QUOTE (x2lls @ Oct 4 2018, 06:20 PM) *

The ironic thing is that for most of the farms being attacked and ruined there are black families being put out of an income, and homeless in some cases.

Check out, if you haven't already, Lauren Southern and Katie Hopkins documentaries.

No thanks.

+Quote Post
spartacus
post Oct 4 2018, 06:09 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 221

I have a close friend in RSA who owns a reasonably successful vineyard which has been targetted and his family were attacked twice. His neighbour is one of the farms on the forced expropriation without compensation list. The neighbour has been hospitalised twice with gunshot wounds. Long serving farm hands who came to his aid and tried to prevent the farm being burnt to the ground and all the tractors and equipment stolen were badly beaten and two killed.

He is closing the vineyard this December and leaving. He can't even sell as nobody wants to buy sonething that may be taken anyway. 20 years of investment and hard work just gone.

Anyway. Thread diversion. I think the OP wanted to have a moan about the toffs and landed gentry and Benyon in particular...

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Oct 4 2018, 07:14 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 60

QUOTE (spartacus @ Oct 4 2018, 07:09 PM) *
I have a close friend in RSA who owns a reasonably successful vineyard which has been targetted and his family were attacked twice. His neighbour is one of the farms on the forced expropriation without compensation list. The neighbour has been hospitalised twice with gunshot wounds. Long serving farm hands who came to his aid and tried to prevent the farm being burnt to the ground and all the tractors and equipment stolen were badly beaten and two killed.

He is closing the vineyard this December and leaving. He can't even sell as nobody wants to buy sonething that may be taken anyway. 20 years of investment and hard work just gone.

Anyway. Thread diversion. I think the OP wanted to have a moan about the toffs and landed gentry and Benyon in particular...

I work with a zulu girl who left south africa because of the current policies. Lovely girl. Just the start though of an inevitable mass migration. Both black and white.

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Oct 4 2018, 07:49 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,341

QUOTE (spartacus @ Oct 4 2018, 05:56 PM) *

One doesn't hear to many of the West's liberals who campaigned relentlessly for the downthrow of "white" government admitting they got it wrong but there again what is a a bit of suffering compared to the advancement of ideology. angry.gif

--------------------
Si non prius succederent.......... relinquere

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Oct 4 2018, 11:46 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,530

But there's an feeling that we need to give the land back to the 'people' like it would be safe under their stewardship, just look at the state of any public land the public has regular access to, not happy till they've claimed ownership by filling it full of their crap. No thanks.

+Quote Post
newres
post Oct 5 2018, 07:59 AM
Post #10

Advanced Member

QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Oct 4 2018, 08:49 PM) *
One doesn't hear to many of the West's liberals who campaigned relentlessly for the downthrow of "white" government admitting they got it wrong but there again what is a a bit of suffering compared to the advancement of ideology. angry.gif

Given the fact that white people invaded, stole the land, then subjugated and enslaved the indigenous population, it doesn’t seem unreasonable to take the land back. As long as it isn’t violently (unless necessary) and whatever the consequences for production. It se m ironic that rabid Brexiteers would not see this. You couldn’t make it up.

+Quote Post
Strafin
post Oct 5 2018, 10:11 AM
Post #11

Advanced Member

Member No.: 55

QUOTE (x2lls @ Oct 4 2018, 06:20 PM) *

No chance.

+Quote Post
Strafin
post Oct 5 2018, 10:11 AM
Post #12

Advanced Member

QUOTE (newres @ Oct 5 2018, 08:59 AM) *
Given the fact that white people invaded, stole the land, then subjugated and enslaved the indigenous population, it doesn’t seem unreasonable to take the land back. As long as it isn’t violently (unless necessary) and whatever the consequences for production. It se m ironic that rabid Brexiteers would not see this. You couldn’t make it up.

I was thinking along those lines as I read through this too.

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Oct 5 2018, 01:03 PM
Post #13

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,530

QUOTE (newres @ Oct 5 2018, 08:59 AM) *

Yup, quite acceptable to leave a well run prosperous country to sink into a mire of corruption and starvation. Nothing wrong with seeing the population sitting around wondering where all the food has gone.

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Oct 5 2018, 03:37 PM
Post #14

Advanced Member

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Oct 5 2018, 02:03 PM) *
Yup, quite acceptable to leave a well run prosperous country to sink into a mire of corruption and starvation. Nothing wrong with seeing the population sitting around wondering where all the food has gone.

Don't worry. Im sure Newres and Strafin will sell all assets to help when the inebitible happens. 😂

**** Europeans took the American Indian lands as well. Oh and dont forget the Aboriginees. Poxy white people. Round them all up and shoot em.👍

+Quote Post
Strafin
post Oct 5 2018, 05:04 PM
Post #15

Advanced Member

I'll have long starved to death by the time the need for that comes around. I still haven't stockpiled any food for the impending Brexit.

+Quote Post
newres
post Oct 5 2018, 05:34 PM
Post #16

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Oct 5 2018, 04:37 PM) *
Don't worry. Im sure Newres and Strafin will sell all assets to help when the inebitible happens. 😂

**** Europeans took the American Indian lands as well. Oh and dont forget the Aboriginees. Poxy white people. Round them all up and shoot em.👍

They're just "taking back control" laugh.gif .

As Jones used to say, you rabid lot "don't like it up 'em".

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Oct 5 2018, 05:45 PM
Post #17

Advanced Member

QUOTE (newres @ Oct 5 2018, 06:34 PM) *
They're just "taking back control" laugh.gif .

As Jones used to say, you rabid lot "don't like it up 'em".

You seen to be agreeing with racism against whites in those countries which are indigenous to black people. Presumably you also want all none whites dispossessed and deported from the UK as well? You are more right wing than I could ever be.😂

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Oct 5 2018, 05:48 PM
Post #18

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Strafin @ Oct 5 2018, 06:04 PM) *
I'll have long starved to death by the time the need for that comes around. I still haven't stockpiled any food for the impending Brexit.

More fool you. I have a 5 year stock of bottled water, tinned food, essential medical supplies and a stockplie of weapons. You aint gwtting none of it come brexit day. 👍

+Quote Post
newres
post Oct 5 2018, 06:02 PM
Post #19

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Oct 5 2018, 06:45 PM) *
You seen to be agreeing with racism against whites in those countries which are indigenous to black people. Presumably you also want all none whites dispossessed and deported from the UK as well? You are more right wing than I could ever be.😂

I'm merely pointing out the hypocrisy of being angry at people in South Africa "taking back control" regardless of the disaster it may bring, yet thinking it alright to "take back control" here when even Rees Mogg says it'll take 50 years to see if it was worth it. You're all nutters!

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Oct 5 2018, 06:08 PM
Post #20

Advanced Member

QUOTE (newres @ Oct 5 2018, 07:02 PM) *
I'm merely pointing out the hypocrisy of being angry at people in South Africa "taking back control" regardless of the disaster it may bring, yet thinking it alright to "take back control" here when even Rees Mogg says it'll take 50 years to see if it was worth it. You're all nutters!

Voting for the Uk to leave the EU and dispossessing and being racist against a race of people are quite different. But then again I wouldnt expect you libtards to understand that. You're all nutters!

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 03:25 AM