IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Is it coming home?, Be funny if it does....
TallDarkAndHands...
post Jul 8 2018, 09:13 PM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 60

QUOTE (On the edge @ Jul 8 2018, 10:07 PM) *
Really interesting, are you a second or third generation? Your continued affection for Stoke and support for its football club illustrates just how difficult it is for incomers to quickly integrate and assimilate the ways of their adopted community. Did you find it difficult at school because of your difference; or were there other kids in similar circumstances so the effect was diluted?

What a load of old pony.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
newres
post Jul 9 2018, 04:29 AM
Post #22

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,961

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Jul 8 2018, 09:07 PM) *
I've lived here all my life, not just pitched up from London because you dont like it in that part of the world anymore. If anyone should **** off back it should be you my little remoaning foe.😂

So you’re not actually from Stoke at all. What a liar.

+Quote Post
newres
post Jul 9 2018, 04:45 AM
Post #23

Advanced Member

Going well.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-44761056

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Jul 9 2018, 05:33 AM
Post #24

Advanced Member

Member No.: 98

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Jul 8 2018, 10:13 PM) *
What a load of old pony.

Surprising for someone in IT, nothing you say computes!

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Jul 9 2018, 05:35 AM
Post #25

Advanced Member

QUOTE (newres @ Jul 9 2018, 05:45 AM) *

Yes; might as well come out with our hands up now.

Really frightening bit comes next. Presumably the likes of Rees-Mogg and Johnson come in as 'serious contenders'.

So, little wonder the pundits are bigging up the football either way it goes, national attention will be deflected.....triples all round.

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
James_Trinder
post Jul 9 2018, 12:22 PM
Post #26

Advanced Member

Member No.: 48

QUOTE (On the edge @ Jul 9 2018, 05:35 AM) *
Yes; might as well come out with our hands up now.

Really frightening bit comes next. Presumably the likes of Rees-Mogg and Johnson come in as 'serious contenders'.

So, little wonder the pundits are bigging up the football either way it goes, national attention will be deflected.....triples all round.

In my opinion, David Davis couldn't negotiate his away out of a paper bag so I'm not that fussed to see the back of him. The new guy, Dominic Raab, looks quite intelligent from his CV so hopefully this might be an improvement.

+Quote Post
newres
post Jul 9 2018, 05:36 PM
Post #27

Advanced Member

QUOTE (James_Trinder @ Jul 9 2018, 01:22 PM) *
In my opinion, David Davis couldn't negotiate his away out of a paper bag so I'm not that fussed to see the back of him. The new guy, Dominic Raab, looks quite intelligent from his CV so hopefully this might be an improvement.

The problem is that the circle can’t be squared. Brexiteers are deluded in thinking we just need to be tougher and we’ll get what we want. A bit like raising our voices and speaking slowly so the foreigners understand.

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Jul 9 2018, 06:51 PM
Post #28

Advanced Member

QUOTE (newres @ Jul 9 2018, 06:36 PM) *
The problem is that the circle can’t be squared. Brexiteers are deluded in thinking we just need to be tougher and we’ll get what we want. A bit like raising our voices and speaking slowly so the foreigners understand.

So if Brexit is reversed please don't complain when legal challenges are launched and millions march in London.
This may be the end of the political system as we know it.
You may get your wish... but just watch what happens if it does.
Chaos will ensue. And it will be a **** of a lot worse than Brexit or even full WTO.

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Jul 9 2018, 07:24 PM
Post #29

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,341

Forgive my ignorance but I was under the impression that the brexiteers wanted to leave the EU, period? No negotiating,no divorce payment just complete separation. Now I appreciate that it ain't quite that simple but it is what the majority voted for and anything less is an affront to democracy.
The way things are going on the domestic front there is every likelihood that we could have a snap election in the autumn and the whole in/out debacle will be resurrected. One could use the phoenix analogy but at least that particular bird had the decency to die before being reborn.

--------------------
Si non prius succederent.......... relinquere

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Jul 9 2018, 08:07 PM
Post #30

Advanced Member

QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Jul 9 2018, 08:24 PM) *
Forgive my ignorance but I was under the impression that the brexiteers wanted to leave the EU, period? No negotiating,no divorce payment just complete separation. Now I appreciate that it ain't quite that simple but it is what the majority voted for and anything less is an affront to democracy.
The way things are going on the domestic front there is every likelihood that we could have a snap election in the autumn and the whole in/out debacle will be resurrected. One could use the phoenix analogy but at least that particular bird had the decency to die before being reborn.

Did you see Juncker and Tusk? They were laughing. Stupid British.

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Jul 9 2018, 08:28 PM
Post #31

Advanced Member

#ItsStillComingHome wink.gif

+Quote Post
Andy1
post Jul 9 2018, 10:58 PM
Post #32

Advanced Member

Member No.: 121

Football is coming home. Why? Because finally the English FA has good it right by focusing on the U16 to U21 national teams that can feed the senior one. Alan Hanson once said you're never going to win anything with kids. Well these kids have won the hearts and minds and I've every confidence they'll win the trophy. Football is coming home!

+Quote Post
James_Trinder
post Jul 10 2018, 11:28 AM
Post #33

Advanced Member

Member No.: 48

I am very much a Remainer but if we have to carry on with this madness that is Brexit then we should at least try to get the best deal possible. If I had my way then we would end this farce by having a second referendum and then simply carry on with the status quo as a result. However, I can't see that happening because the ideological zealots who originally championed Brexit are not pragmatic enough to accept the reality of the hardship that it is going to cause economically.

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Jul 10 2018, 03:11 PM
Post #34

Advanced Member

QUOTE (James_Trinder @ Jul 10 2018, 12:28 PM) *
I am very much a Remainer but if we have to carry on with this madness that is Brexit then we should at least try to get the best deal possible. If I had my way then we would end this farce by having a second referendum and then simply carry on with the status quo as a result. However, I can't see that happening because the ideological zealots who originally championed Brexit are not pragmatic enough to accept the reality of the hardship that it is going to cause economically.

I suspect you are right; clearly we aren't coming out, in part or at all.

Yes, we all now have little choice other than to accept the creeping economic hardship that will be ours, not now perhaps, but in fifteen or twenty years hence. Still, it suits our 'one size fits all' further educational system; from no on, we really don't need innovative entreprenures, just supervisors. I'm not worried for our generation, but for our kids; what an awful legacy.

Still, at least the Conservatives demonstrate admirable consistency; party comes before country.

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Jul 14 2018, 02:56 AM
Post #35

Advanced Member

Member No.: 317

QUOTE (James_Trinder @ Jul 9 2018, 01:22 PM) *

Who immediately causes chaos in the house with his shambolic and disrespectful distribution of the white paper.

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Jul 14 2018, 02:59 AM
Post #36

Advanced Member

Member No.: 317

QUOTE (James_Trinder @ Jul 10 2018, 12:28 PM) *

It might be madness, but the EU has some massive problems and is not interested in reform, we should announce that we are simply walking away and will only pay that which is due. Sometimes it is worth sacrificing the short term for sake of the long term.

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Jul 14 2018, 06:25 AM
Post #37

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Andy Capp @ Jul 14 2018, 03:59 AM) *
It might be madness, but the EU has some massive problems and is not interested in reform, we should announce that we are simply walking away and will only pay that which is due. Sometimes it is worth sacrificing the short term for sake of the long term.

Totally agree. And it's been the issue for years. Right now, the negotiating philosophy of the EU executive defies logic. Yes, there would be some short term pain, but we'd have a far better future trading with people who might be unpleasant, but at least are honest.

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Jul 14 2018, 07:46 AM
Post #38

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,341

I have always been under the impression that business is business and friendship is an unwelcome distraction. The EU are behaving like petulant school kids while our "leaders" adopt an unedifying display of sycophantic grovelling to be allowed a few crumbs of their approval.
Not to many would like to share a room with D.Trump esq but he says what he means and in a world of political duplicity I find it quite refreshing. Brexit will still be debated when today's teenagers are drawing their pensions unless we have a collective agreement on what we actually want as opposed to what some want us to have.

--------------------
Si non prius succederent.......... relinquere

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Jul 14 2018, 08:39 AM
Post #39

Advanced Member

QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Jul 14 2018, 08:46 AM) *
I have always been under the impression that business is business and friendship is an unwelcome distraction. The EU are behaving like petulant school kids while our "leaders" adopt an unedifying display of sycophantic grovelling to be allowed a few crumbs of their approval.
Not to many would like to share a room with D.Trump esq but he says what he means and in a world of political duplicity I find it quite refreshing. Brexit will still be debated when today's teenagers are drawing their pensions unless we have a collective agreement on what we actually want as opposed to what some want us to have.

Yes, absolutely! Rather worrying, have we really lost our commercial savvy, or perhaps we never had it in the first place?

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
newres
post Jul 14 2018, 04:14 PM
Post #40

Advanced Member

QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Jul 14 2018, 08:46 AM) *

He’s a proven liar so how is that not duplicitous?

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 09:23 AM