IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Is it coming home?, Be funny if it does....
TallDarkAndHands...
post Jul 7 2018, 05:54 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 60

Will bring about nationalist brexit type hysteria..

Newres must be hoping England lose..😂

https://mobile.twitter.com/PrisonPlanet/sta...983713900433408

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Jul 7 2018, 06:05 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,341

Apart from the obvious reason I really do hope we win it because it will so p**s off the french that they never will agree to a brexit deal and we shall be stuck in limbo land for eternity..........Or at least till we have a government that carries out the wish of the majority without pandering to a few wooly-headed europhiles.

--------------------
Si non prius succederent.......... relinquere

+Quote Post
newres
post Jul 7 2018, 07:42 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,961

I always love how non football fans become experts and Uber enthusiasts during a modest World Cup run. It has to be said that we’ll never have a better chance with all the top teams out.

Re: Brexit. I think TM seems to be doing a good job. I think ultimately the country will be worse off as for once Rees Mogg is correct, we’ll still be doing as the EU require but now we won’t have a say. The whole thing is daft, but the government are going to deliver Brexit to the thickires without bankrupting the country.

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Jul 7 2018, 08:11 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

QUOTE (newres @ Jul 7 2018, 08:42 PM) *
I always love how non football fans become experts and Uber enthusiasts during a modest World Cup run. It has to be said that we’ll never have a better chance with all the top teams out.

Re: Brexit. I think TM seems to be doing a good job. I think ultimately the country will be worse off as for once Rees Mogg is correct, we’ll still be doing as the EU require but now we won’t have a say. The whole thing is daft, but the government are going to deliver Brexit to the thickires without bankrupting the country.

"Modest World Cup Run".... Speaks volumes. You must hate all those working class people waving the flag of st george... Scum eh? How dare those thickires (whatever they are) love the country they live in? They should be waving an EU flag...😂😂😂

+Quote Post
newres
post Jul 7 2018, 08:35 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Jul 7 2018, 09:11 PM) *
"Modest World Cup Run".... Speaks volumes. You must hate all those working class people waving the flag of st george... Scum eh? How dare those thickires (whatever they are) love the country they live in? They should be waving an EU flag...😂😂😂

Have you got a flag hanging out of your bedroom window? Somehow I doubt it. I do admit losing interest in top flight football in recent years but I still regularly watch my home city league 1 team where there’s not a prawn sandwich in sight. If we’re going all inverted snobbery, my credentials are probably better than yours. I do hope England win but I rather suspect the thick racists (Brexiteers) will use it as a rallying call. Daft ofcourse but it’ll be lapped up by the flag wavers.

Anyway, TDH, who do you support and have you got a season ticket?

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Jul 7 2018, 09:02 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

QUOTE (newres @ Jul 7 2018, 09:35 PM) *
Have you got a flag hanging out of your bedroom window? Somehow I doubt it. I do admit losing interest in top flight football in recent years but I still regularly watch my home city league 1 team where there’s not a prawn sandwich in sight. If we’re going all inverted snobbery, my credentials are probably better than yours. I do hope England win but I rather suspect the thick racists (Brexiteers) will use it as a rallying call. Daft ofcourse but it’ll be lapped up by the flag wavers.

Anyway, TDH, who do you support and have you got a season ticket?

Stoke through thick and thin... And used to. Always a potter. When your from clarice cliff stock you have no choice....

+Quote Post
newres
post Jul 8 2018, 04:50 AM
Post #7

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Jul 7 2018, 10:02 PM) *
Stoke through thick and thin... And used to. Always a potter. When your from clarice cliff stock you have no choice....

Ah, a junkie then. That explains it.

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Jul 8 2018, 01:12 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

QUOTE (newres @ Jul 8 2018, 05:50 AM) *
Ah, a junkie then. That explains it.

Very droll. Footballs coing home fella. England flags everywhere. You must hate it. When do they remove our star from that wretched EU flag??

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Jul 8 2018, 01:26 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

Member No.: 98

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Jul 7 2018, 10:02 PM) *

Why do you support Stoke now you've moved to Berkshire, the 'Tebbitt test' says you ought to be supporting Reading. laugh.gif

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
newres
post Jul 8 2018, 02:12 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Jul 8 2018, 02:12 PM) *
Very droll. Footballs coing home fella. England flags everywhere. You must hate it. When do they remove our star from that wretched EU flag??

Stoke, like many areas devastated by global trading benefits hugely from EU funding. That's gonna end soon although the UK government has committed to supporting existing projects. I guess now that you're a "big shot IT guy" it means nothing to you. Shame on you.

+Quote Post
newres
post Jul 8 2018, 02:18 PM
Post #11

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Jul 8 2018, 02:12 PM) *

I'm not bothered by the England flags although I think it's a bit tacky. Fortunately there aren't any where I live.

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Jul 8 2018, 02:43 PM
Post #12

Advanced Member

QUOTE (newres @ Jul 8 2018, 03:12 PM) *
Stoke, like many areas devastated by global trading benefits hugely from EU funding. That's gonna end soon although the UK government has committed to supporting existing projects. I guess now that you're a "big shot IT guy" it means nothing to you. Shame on you.

I think the word is "blinkered".
You know nothing of Stoke. 70% voted leave due in most part to the failure of the EUl.

https://brexitcentral.com/brexit-must-refre...u-failed-reach/

But then you only take in news that suits your agenda.

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Jul 8 2018, 03:21 PM
Post #13

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Jul 8 2018, 03:43 PM) *
You know nothing of Stoke. 70% voted leave due in most part to the failure of the EUl.

Yes, the rundown of the industrial heartlands of England is a very sorry situation. It's been going on awhile now; root causes down to poor UK management and lack of financial support for business, a problem not caused by but simply made worse by our membership of EU. Hardly surprising that the indigenous population emigrate South when they get the chance, but against today's backdrop, surprising the population in the South don't object and even make them welcome.

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
newres
post Jul 8 2018, 04:15 PM
Post #14

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Jul 8 2018, 03:43 PM) *

Yes, interesting isn't it? Many of these areas blame immigrants for their plight. Social deprivation and lack of education makes them easy prey to the rubbish that's peddled.

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Jul 8 2018, 04:21 PM
Post #15

Advanced Member

QUOTE (newres @ Jul 8 2018, 05:15 PM) *
Yes, interesting isn't it? Many of these areas blame immigrants for their plight. Social deprivation and lack of education makes them easy prey to the rubbish that's peddled.

The huge irony here was so well illustrated in 'The Boys from the Blackstuff' - when the decline of English manufacturing started, many of us can remember the hordes of British building workers from the North flooded into Germany!

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Jul 8 2018, 05:08 PM
Post #16

Advanced Member

QUOTE (newres @ Jul 8 2018, 05:15 PM) *

Or they could just love the Country they live in, despite all of the deprivation whilst the social snobs leer at them for being "uneducated". I remember my roots. I pity your kids, if you have any.

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Jul 8 2018, 06:14 PM
Post #17

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Jul 8 2018, 06:08 PM) *
Or they could just love the Country they live in, despite all of the deprivation whilst the social snobs leer at them for being "uneducated". I remember my roots. I pity your kids, if you have any.

Why did you emigrate then TDH?

Most firms encourage working from home, so seriously, might be worth thinking of returning. You'd be able to get a mansion being able to sell at Berkshire prices. If we could get enough of your compatriots to follow suit, we'd start balancing the north south divide again.

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
newres
post Jul 8 2018, 06:22 PM
Post #18

Advanced Member

QUOTE (On the edge @ Jul 8 2018, 07:14 PM) *
Why did you emigrate then TDH?

Most firms encourage working from home, so seriously, might be worth thinking of returning. You'd be able to get a mansion being able to sell at Berkshire prices. If we could get enough of your compatriots to follow suit, we'd start balancing the north south divide again.

Yes, **** off back. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Jul 8 2018, 08:07 PM
Post #19

Advanced Member

QUOTE (newres @ Jul 8 2018, 07:22 PM) *
Yes, **** off back. laugh.gif

I've lived here all my life, not just pitched up from London because you dont like it in that part of the world anymore. If anyone should **** off back it should be you my little remoaning foe.😂

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Jul 8 2018, 09:07 PM
Post #20

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Jul 8 2018, 09:07 PM) *
I've lived here all my life, not just pitched up from London because you dont like it in that part of the world anymore. If anyone should **** off back it should be you my little remoaning foe.😂

Really interesting, are you a second or third generation? Your continued affection for Stoke and support for its football club illustrates just how difficult it is for incomers to quickly integrate and assimilate the ways of their adopted community. Did you find it difficult at school because of your difference; or were there other kids in similar circumstances so the effect was diluted?

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 10:13 AM