Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Big bang over Norfolk., Supersonic.
Nothing Much
post May 11 2013, 11:08 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,171

Supersonic flight over land was banned decades ago. This F-15 seems to have got away with it.

[b]“Upon review of the flight tapes, it appears one aircraft may have inadvertently gone supersonic momentarily and did not realize it during the flight"[/b]

Hmmmm, myself and Huhne being the most famous folk who use the M11. I was inadvertently doing 125 (or so) momentarily
when a flurry of brake lights ahead, I can vouch for the brakes on a German car. I only ended up with points

With all the fun and games with the new Police Commissioners, the one from Norfolk gets my plaudits.
No speed limits outside of built up areas. To be fair there are hardly any roads to speed on and tractors towing contents of
septic tanks make for moving road blocks.
ce
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
On the edge
post May 11 2013, 06:25 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 98

Good to hear from you again! Norfolk?? Has London lost its charms?

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
Nothing Much
post May 12 2013, 12:12 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Thanks On the Edge. I recall your daughter and her comment about London buses.
I had a slight mishap with a #73 just after Christmas. And after a few days of ignoring some leg wounds
I was dragged to a GP and from thence to A&E . I don't remember much after that. I was comatose.

I had ended up with Septicaemia... which can be fatal in a few days if not spotted early enough.
I had gradually been given stronger antibiotics. Finally my daughter was called in and given the news.
Your Dad is in a very bad way and to have any chance we have to go to the top of the range
and feed intra-venous antibiotics. They are just as bad and can cause heart damage,liver,kidney or brain.

I only found out a couple of weeks later. Anyway I went a bit loopy after all that and had fantastic dreams.
When I first went into a 2nd hospital to check for head problems (again I was asleep) the consultant remarked that I would probably need long term care. Well on discharge the notes remarked that there seemed no damage but I had a strange sense of humour so it was often difficult to be certain what was going on in ze little grey cells.

I was going to post on The Charter Market thread. Someone nicked it!. Best not mention that a shed rather than a castle
would make an interesting flag.
A market town without a market? Forgive me, if in error I think that in the 60s there were 2 markets. Thursday and Saturday.
My point was that there are vibrant markets all over Norfolk selling a whole range of stuff.
Just ambling round a market is a nice occupation on a warm day. The butcher from "upmarket" Kintbury used to set up.
after delivering to my mother on the way! Norfolk markets have nurserymen, fishermen, local cheeses.
( The Audi driving chap looks rather like a local cheese).

On short breaks to Europe some of the best scenes are the markets.

I can't post that much because I don't know local politics, cracks or car parks. Phew ...lucky readers.
ce

+Quote Post
Nothing Much
post May 12 2013, 12:49 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Yes, On the Edge. We bought a place about 45 minutes inland from Holkham beach.

Why spend money on a slog to languedoc for 2 weeks when the countryside is just up the M11.
Almost 30 years ago. Bit of a financial hardship 2% above the normal rate and at a time when
mortgages were hitting 15%.

It has been worth it. An older place than London. Originally 2x 2 room cottages. Even then there were developers
and it was changed and enlarged in about 1850. In 1985 there were 4, 2nd homes including Tariq Ali in the village.
Lets say it was fun while it lasted but IHT makes it likely that I shall gift it to the sensible daughter.

London is even more of a problem. Although Benyon owns most of the area to the north in this area
he will have had clever guys in sensible haircuts who will have sorted out his future when he was born.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 04:36 PM