Reply to this topicStart new topic
> New arrangements for blood tests at West Berks hospital
betsy
post Dec 16 2014, 02:36 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 568

We only found out yesterday that you must have an appointment to go to West Berks hospital for a blood test. This was changed on 11th December but there is nothing about it on their website. I can see that phone no being a bit busy and great problems in getting through.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
gel
post Dec 16 2014, 04:11 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 337

QUOTE (betsy @ Dec 16 2014, 02:36 PM) *
We only found out yesterday that you must have an appointment to go to West Berks hospital for a blood test. This was changed on 11th December but there is nothing about it on their website. I can see that phone no being a bit busy and great problems in getting through.

Hopefully, a temporary thing over Xmas/ New Year??

+Quote Post
JeffG
post Dec 16 2014, 04:48 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 56

QUOTE (gel @ Dec 16 2014, 04:11 PM) *
Hopefully, a temporary thing over Xmas/ New Year??

No it's the new system. I had an email from my practice with a link to a PDF. I will see if I can post it here.

+Quote Post
JeffG
post Dec 20 2014, 10:21 AM
Post #4

Advanced Member

As promised, here is the document explaining the changes at the WBCH phlebotomy department:

Attached File  CHANGES_AT_PHLEBOTOMY_DEPARTMENT_AT_WBCH.pdf ( 42.8K ) Number of downloads: 18

+Quote Post
The Hatter
post Dec 20 2014, 10:40 AM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,046

That's pretty good I think I hope the online booking system comes as well. The way the blood test place works now is a nightmare. When I went, I tried to get it done before I went to work; there was a board showing a 45 minute wait the first couple of times I tried, so I had to take some time off one morning. I suppose there is some reason they can't do it at the Doctors surgery when you see the Doctor?

+Quote Post
JeffG
post Dec 20 2014, 12:42 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

QUOTE (The Hatter @ Dec 20 2014, 10:40 AM) *
That's pretty good I think I hope the online booking system comes as well. The way the blood test place works now is a nightmare. When I went, I tried to get it done before I went to work; there was a board showing a 45 minute wait the first couple of times I tried, so I had to take some time off one morning. I suppose there is some reason they can't do it at the Doctors surgery when you see the Doctor?

I suppose it depends on which surgery. I can make an appointment at mine to see a visiting phlebotomist. But of course you have to fit in with the times they visit.

The Doctor can't do it easily at a normal appointment as the bloods have to go off to Reading within a certain time frame. In any case, they don't have time, and their skills are better employed doing other things.

Also, at WBCH before 10.00 it's supposed to be for fasting and Warfarin blood tests only. I don't know if that will change with the appointments system.

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Dec 20 2014, 05:06 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 98

They don't do blood tests at mine but perhaps things will change when they move yo a bright new surgery....that's if they usual moans and groans in planning don't stop it.

I have to say, the 'only fasting or warfarin tests' before 10.00am is a bit antidelivian. I thought the whole idea was to get people working. I can also remember doing sessions at the old hospital, which did seem to run a bit more smoothly.

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
JeffG
post Dec 21 2014, 02:06 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

QUOTE (On the edge @ Dec 20 2014, 05:06 PM) *
They don't do blood tests at mine but perhaps things will change when they move yo a bright new surgery....that's if they usual moans and groans in planning don't stop it.

I am guessing that you are at the other surgery which together with mine will be moving to Strawberry Hill House next year.

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Dec 21 2014, 02:49 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

That looks about right. You never know we might meet; I'll be the one in the canvas suit.

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
JeffG
post Dec 21 2014, 07:40 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

QUOTE (On the edge @ Dec 21 2014, 02:49 PM) *
That looks about right. You never know we might meet; I'll be the one in the canvas suit.

You mean the one zipped all the way up the middle?

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Dec 21 2014, 09:51 PM
Post #11

Advanced Member

QUOTE (JeffG @ Dec 21 2014, 07:40 PM) *
You mean the one zipped all the way up the middle?

They've threatened that one, but mine is the one where you can't use your arms.

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:38 PM