> Newbury Independent Sunday Market, but what about the charter market
Simon Kirby
post Nov 11 2015, 10:32 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,011

http://www.newburytoday.co.uk/news/news/16...me-monthly.html

This is fabulous for Newbury, a really interesting market that makes the town an attractive place to visit. Frome has an absolutely outstanding independent monthly Sunday market and I've driven down a couple of times just to take it in, so I'm really hopeful that the BID can develop this monthly event along those line and bring Newbury alive once a month - best of luck to them.

But what about the miserable twice-weekly Town Council-run Charter Market? The Town Council actually tax me to put this thing on - their administrative costs outstripped the pitch income many years ago, so how in the name of the Great Prophet Zarquon can it be right to tax me for this dreary bit of shopping when essential public services are being cut? Time to hand it over to the BID who have some decent retail nous and let them try and make a go of it, and if they don't fancy the challenge then at least the town will be less tatty without it and there will be a little more public money available for something useful.

--------------------
Right an injustice - give Simon Kirby his allotment back!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 08:20 AM