Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Northbrook Street Multi Storey Closed
Jacklets
post Feb 1 2010, 01:14 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 97

Clearly WBC can't be blamed for the actions of the idiots that trashed the multi storey so badly that it has to be closed today, however ............... wouldn't it be sensible for them to make the effort to put a little bit of informative signage, perhaps at the top of strawberry hill, to advise motorists of the closure before they actually arrive at the entrance?!

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Feb 1 2010, 01:30 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 60

Presumably they will have CCTV of the culprits?

+Quote Post
Bloggo
post Feb 1 2010, 01:31 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 41

Does anyone know the story about this?
Has NWN have any information?

--------------------
Bloggo

+Quote Post
Jacklets
post Feb 1 2010, 01:46 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

The CCTV cameras were one of the items they "tampered" with!

+Quote Post
spartacus
post Feb 1 2010, 06:41 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 221

QUOTE (Jacklets @ Feb 1 2010, 01:14 PM) *
wouldn't it be sensible for them to make the effort to put a little bit of informative signage, perhaps at the top of strawberry hill, to advise motorists of the closure before they actually arrive at the entrance?!

Probably would have been difficult to word the sign, as there's the mutli storey which was still open for business, the West Street car park at the junction, the HMV car park and the pay and display further up Northcroft Lane outside the leisure centre which was also still open.

+Quote Post
Strafin
post Feb 1 2010, 08:12 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 55

QUOTE (spartacus @ Feb 1 2010, 06:41 PM) *
Probably would have been difficult to word the sign, as there's the mutli storey which was still open for business, the West Street car park at the junction, the HMV car park and the pay and display further up Northcroft Lane outside the leisure centre which was also still open.

So what was closed then??

+Quote Post
Exhausted
post Feb 1 2010, 09:56 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 320

QUOTE (Jacklets @ Feb 1 2010, 01:46 PM) *
The CCTV cameras were one of the items they "tampered" with!

By which time they should have recorded at least some of whatever the activity that took place was.

+Quote Post
spartacus
post Feb 1 2010, 10:32 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Member No.: 221

QUOTE (Strafin @ Feb 1 2010, 08:12 PM) *
So what was closed then??

Apologies..... got me car parks mixed up and just assumed that it was the Northcroft Lane car park that had been shut down (due to ongoing vandalism which has brought about the proposal to gate them at night).

If it's the multistorey then that is a lot of potential parking space lost, but still leaves Northcroft Lane, leisure centre ans the West St car parks..

+Quote Post
Jacklets
post Feb 2 2010, 08:35 AM
Post #9

Advanced Member

A sign simply stating that Northbrook Street Multi Storey is shut wouldn't be that complicated - at least drivers would know to try one of the other car parks around there before they actually get to the entrance and discover they can't get in.

If that's still too difficult to arrange, then at the very least - a sign to explain what's happened at the entrance would be helpful - because at the moment there's nothing there to indicate why it's closed so this morning there have been people attempting to form queues as they wait for it to open!

Or why not post one of the numerous traffic wardens out there to divert people and suggest alternatives - but perhaps helping rather than hindering people parking isn't part of their job description!

+Quote Post
Strafin
post Feb 2 2010, 05:10 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Member No.: 55

But it wasn't shut was it? I thougt that it was still open and the little car park was closed. I don't know what's going on there, but I know that I am passing up an opportunity to have a pop at the council. Not like me at all.

+Quote Post
Jacklets
post Feb 3 2010, 08:42 AM
Post #11

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Strafin @ Feb 2 2010, 05:10 PM) *
But it wasn't shut was it? I thougt that it was still open and the little car park was closed. I don't know what's going on there, but I know that I am passing up an opportunity to have a pop at the council. Not like me at all.

Not that I'm trying to encourage you to have a pop ........ but it isn't the little one that's closed, it's the multi storey - and it's still very much closed this morning. However, there are signs now - lots of them!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 11:22 PM