IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

47 Pages V  « < 31 32 33 34 35 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Halal, why should we put up with this?, If fox hunting with dogs is outlawed, why not Halal?
newres
post Aug 1 2018, 08:47 PM
Post #641

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,961

QUOTE (Strafin @ Aug 1 2018, 02:59 PM) *
They have a load of Halal restaurants in the UK. I did not know that. I'll be boycotting them aswell now then!

At least the waistline is decreasing as a result of the religication of all this food.

I boycott them. But that’s because their food is vile.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Aug 2 2018, 06:33 AM
Post #642

Advanced Member

Member No.: 98

QUOTE (newres @ Aug 1 2018, 09:47 PM) *
I boycott them. But that’s because their food is vile.

Perfectly fair and that's your choice; you aren't being made to eat it simply on someone's religious whim.

Fast food has a bad press, but is immensely popular; the businesses delivering it are legitimate and in some regard actually models of good management practice - McDonalds being a good example. Of course, like any other organisation, local deviations can create issues.

Then the food itself. That's the bit that really amazes me! The 'chattering classes' who are generally right on environmentalists bitterly complain about reconstituted foods. Most of us can remember the ignorant comments levelled against Bernard Matthews popular and inexpensive Turkey Twizzlers, but they meant every bit of the Turkey was used. Unlike other uses which produced much waste - a practice which is hardly green and actually disrespectful. Obesity isn't caused by the food rather the quantity.

If you really want to see the results of unintelligent political interfearence in feeding, just look at the waste bins outside primary school kitchens.

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Aug 2 2018, 07:59 AM
Post #643

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,341

QUOTE (On the edge @ Aug 2 2018, 07:33 AM) *
Perfectly fair and that's your choice; you aren't being made to eat it simply on someone's religious whim.

Fast food has a bad press, but is immensely popular; the businesses delivering it are legitimate and in some regard actually models of good management practice - McDonalds being a good example. Of course, like any other organisation, local deviations can create issues.

Then the food itself. That's the bit that really amazes me! The 'chattering classes' who are generally right on environmentalists bitterly complain about reconstituted foods. Most of us can remember the ignorant comments levelled against Bernard Matthews popular and inexpensive Turkey Twizzlers, but they meant every bit of the Turkey was used. Unlike other uses which produced much waste - a practice which is hardly green and actually disrespectful. Obesity isn't caused by the food rather the quantity.

If you really want to see the results of unintelligent political interfearence in feeding, just look at the waste bins outside primary school kitchens.

Valid point. If you are going to kill an animal in order to eat it the least you can do is consume all of that beast, after all it is the same animal so why the reluctance to consume the offal? I would hazard a guess that the meat used in fast food outlets is not from the choice cut area so at least they are making the best use of the carcass.
I see the do gooders are now advocating health warning labels on anything more calorific than a lettuce in order to inform fat people that they are......fat! Ye gods and tiny fishes. rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Si non prius succederent.......... relinquere

+Quote Post
x2lls
post Aug 25 2018, 07:40 PM
Post #644

Advanced Member

Member No.: 511

Eid

How lovely for you followers. No compassion at all. As gross as gross can ever be.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/7074173/eid-a...-cows-beheaded/

--------------------
There their, loose loser!

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Aug 25 2018, 09:14 PM
Post #645

Advanced Member

Member No.: 60

QUOTE (x2lls @ Aug 25 2018, 08:40 PM) *
Eid

How lovely for you followers. No compassion at all. As gross as gross can ever be.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/7074173/eid-a...-cows-beheaded/

Its religion innit... Brainwashed psychopaths. Just dont ever type in halal salughter youtube into you search engine. The stuff of nightmares...😮

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Aug 26 2018, 08:49 AM
Post #646

Advanced Member

And so it goes on. And all in the name of some f****g sky fairy. Better get used to the idea britain because it will be happening in a street near you sooner than than you think.

But of course we mustn't say anything because we will be classified as a racist thug and locked up. angry.gif angry.gif angry.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
newres
post Aug 26 2018, 10:32 AM
Post #647

Advanced Member

QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Aug 26 2018, 09:49 AM) *
And so it goes on. And all in the name of some f****g sky fairy. Better get used to the idea britain because it will be happening in a street near you sooner than than you think.

But of course we mustn't say anything because we will be classified as a racist thug and locked up. angry.gif angry.gif angry.gif

No, just stupid and gullible.

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Aug 26 2018, 03:22 PM
Post #648

Advanced Member

QUOTE (newres @ Aug 26 2018, 11:32 AM) *
No, just stupid and gullible.

Everyone is stupid who doesn't seem to agree with you? Seems odd to me. All those people with a huge life experience being stupid and you being soooooo intelligent.

+Quote Post
newres
post Aug 26 2018, 07:12 PM
Post #649

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Aug 26 2018, 04:22 PM) *
Everyone is stupid who doesn't seem to agree with you? Seems odd to me. All those people with a huge life experience being stupid and you being soooooo intelligent.

It’s stupid to think we’re heading for Sharia law. Don’t you think?

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Aug 26 2018, 08:48 PM
Post #650

Advanced Member

QUOTE (newres @ Aug 26 2018, 08:12 PM) *

Possibly. But then some people think JC is the saviour. Unless you have some insight into the future you really are just guessing. Someone once said that Brexit would never happen and Trump would never be President. Funny old world.

+Quote Post
Biker1
post Aug 26 2018, 09:25 PM
Post #651

Advanced Member

Member No.: 103

QUOTE (newres @ Aug 26 2018, 08:12 PM) *

It already exists in parts of Britain.
It used to be the case that we did not treat animals like that unless we were breaking the law.

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Aug 26 2018, 09:26 PM
Post #652

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,530

And introducing a low level of Sharia law in certain communities has already been discussed. A small step perhaps to legalising 'honour killings' maybe?

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Aug 26 2018, 09:58 PM
Post #653

Advanced Member

Just a quick question for newres...

Presumably you see the following as an abomination in society...

Bullfighting
Badger Baiting
Fox Hunting

And you woukd be "outraged" by any said activity.

Slaughtering animals so they choke on their own blood? Meh... Its religion.. Init.

Some may call it out as hypocrisy. Be consistent. Shame on those that practice any of these.

Any animal that is killed for humans to eat should be dispatched in a humane a way as possible.

+Quote Post
Biker1
post Aug 27 2018, 05:37 AM
Post #654

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Aug 26 2018, 10:58 PM) *

Bullfighting
Badger Baiting
Fox Hunting

Slaughtering animals so they choke on their own blood? Meh... Its religion.. Init.

Some may call it out as hypocrisy. Be consistent. Shame on those that practice any of these.

Any animal that is killed for humans to eat should be dispatched in a humane a way as possible.

Your compassion does you well TDH.
What about this then?
Oh dear, how sad, never mind!!
Is it in the name of religion, tradition or supposedly just good fun??? angry.gif
Islamic teachings say that animals were put on earth for the use of mankind so I suppose they would believe all of the above??

+Quote Post
newres
post Aug 27 2018, 05:38 AM
Post #655

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Aug 26 2018, 10:58 PM) *

Bullfighting
Badger Baiting
Fox Hunting

I don’t see them as an “abomination” and I don’t get “outraged” by any of them. Do you? Or do you just use sensational language to describe all your feelings? There is anyway a difference in that the above are sports and halal is food. If you ask me if I’d prefer that animals weren’t slaughtered in that way, I would say yes, it doesn’t seem particularly humane, but then much that goes on in our own slaughter houses doesn’t either.

+Quote Post
Biker1
post Aug 27 2018, 05:40 AM
Post #656

Advanced Member

QUOTE (newres @ Aug 27 2018, 06:38 AM) *
but then much that goes on in our own slaughter houses doesn’t either.

Not "legalised" in the name of religion though is it?

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Aug 27 2018, 08:13 AM
Post #657

Advanced Member

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Aug 26 2018, 10:26 PM) *
And introducing a low level of Sharia law in certain communities has already been discussed. A small step perhaps to legalising 'honour killings' maybe?

"A journey of a thousand miles etc". It will happen not because of the desire of a minority of the population but the apathy of the majority. When a countries laws are conveniently overlooked as not to offend an element on cultural/religious grounds then we either change the law or they have to accept. In other words we either advance steadily towards something akin to civilisation or revert to medieval theocracy.
Incidentally the report on the bull stated he was "annoyed" rolleyes.gif And that about sums up our respect, or lack of it, for the other animals we share the planet with. How the h**l can we persuade a farmer in Uganda to encourage elephants when he sees the rest of the world slaughtering animals for "fun".

--------------------

+Quote Post
newres
post Aug 27 2018, 08:21 AM
Post #658

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Biker1 @ Aug 27 2018, 06:40 AM) *
Not "legalised" in the name of religion though is it?

Like MGM you mean?

+Quote Post
x2lls
post Aug 27 2018, 11:23 AM
Post #659

Advanced Member

Member No.: 511

QUOTE (newres @ Aug 27 2018, 09:21 AM) *
Like MGM you mean?

I assume you refer to FGM?

Same shyte, different knife.

--------------------
There their, loose loser!

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Aug 27 2018, 12:06 PM
Post #660

Advanced Member

Member No.: 317

QUOTE (Biker1 @ Aug 27 2018, 06:37 AM) *
Your compassion does you well TDH.
What about this then?
Oh dear, how sad, never mind!!
Is it in the name of religion, tradition or supposedly just good fun??? angry.gif
Islamic teachings say that animals were put on earth for the use of mankind so I suppose they would believe all of the above??

My understanding is that the Qur’an forbids cruelty to animals and man should not harm animals other than to eat them and keep warm.

+Quote Post

47 Pages V  « < 31 32 33 34 35 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:13 PM