> Benyon: repeal the hunting act to reduce fox's suffering
je suis Charlie
post Jun 16 2017, 05:11 PM
Post #121

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,530

QUOTE (On the edge @ Jun 16 2017, 03:48 PM) *
Err, no need to worry. I'd rather live next door to people with the usual number of fingers thanks! tongue.gif

However, you have given me a great commercial idea to redress the problem landlord issue. It satisfies me and fits your philosophy like a glove.

Ahh, if you come from Essex that could be anything up to six, plus webbing. Which would explain you I suppose. Still I offered, don't say I didn't try to help the less well off. You could have been well on your way to your first million tonite. Ho hum! 😘
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Jun 16 2017, 05:20 PM
Post #122

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Andy Capp @ Jun 16 2017, 11:47 AM) *
Greed is not good. Greed is what follows in the wake of necessity. Security is what makes us do the things you say. Greed is why we have waste and why we need regulation.

Necessity doesn't make you buy a bigger house, better car, nicer holidays, newer phones / tablets / TV! That's greed does that. The desire to possess something beyond what is required. It drives industry, jobs and commerce! Basic economics!

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Jun 16 2017, 05:49 PM
Post #123

Advanced Member

Member No.: 317

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Jun 16 2017, 06:20 PM) *
Necessity doesn't make you buy a bigger house, better car, nicer holidays, newer phones / tablets / TV! That's greed does that. The desire to possess something beyond what is required. It drives industry, jobs and commerce! Basic economics!

House size, cars, holidays, phones, tablets, TV are all things that bring no guarantee of a happy life, nor a successful one. You don't even need greed to want any of those things. Greed is a deceptive friend. Greed will be the undoing of mankind.

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Jun 16 2017, 05:52 PM
Post #124

Advanced Member

Member No.: 98

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Jun 16 2017, 06:11 PM) *
Ahh, if you come from Essex that could be anything up to six, plus webbing. Which would explain you I suppose. Still I offered, don't say I didn't try to help the less well off. You could have been well on your way to your first million tonite. Ho hum! 😘

Don't get me wrong Je suis; I'm not looking for anything more. Family trust has always bee quite adequate. Never felt the need to boast either; as Aunt Maud used to say, so vulgar! Different age of course. As you mentioned Essex, my regards to the wife!

Now, the commercial that comes to mind will be as much fun as profit. It strikes me that given tenants seem to be afraid of really confronting bad landlords, perhaps a new service is needed. For a percentage, we'll get your deposit back, for a small premium each week we'll get repairs done, etc. by us 'having a chat' if you see what I mean. Nothing illegal of course, just persistence. This could have legs.

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Jun 16 2017, 11:02 PM
Post #125

Advanced Member

QUOTE (On the edge @ Jun 16 2017, 06:52 PM) *
Don't get me wrong Je suis; I'm not looking for anything more. Family trust has always bee quite adequate. Never felt the need to boast either; as Aunt Maud used to say, so vulgar! Different age of course. As you mentioned Essex, my regards to the wife!

Now, the commercial that comes to mind will be as much fun as profit. It strikes me that given tenants seem to be afraid of really confronting bad landlords, perhaps a new service is needed. For a percentage, we'll get your deposit back, for a small premium each week we'll get repairs done, etc. by us 'having a chat' if you see what I mean. Nothing illegal of course, just persistence. This could have legs.

Yup, just what poor tenants want, more expense. Brilliant 😎

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Jun 16 2017, 11:10 PM
Post #126

Advanced Member

Wife says hello by the way, you must pop round (her suggestion) give us some notice though. Give me some time to hide the good silver and put some newspaper down. 😋

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Jun 16 2017, 11:13 PM
Post #127

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Andy Capp @ Jun 16 2017, 06:49 PM) *
House size, cars, holidays, phones, tablets, TV are all things that bring no guarantee of a happy life, nor a successful one. You don't even need greed to want any of those things. Greed is a deceptive friend. Greed will be the undoing of mankind.

Hasn't been yet. Three million years and counting!

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Jun 17 2017, 01:02 AM
Post #128

Advanced Member

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Jun 17 2017, 12:13 AM) *
Hasn't been yet. Three million years and counting!

Man has been around for ~200,000 years.

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Jun 17 2017, 06:12 AM
Post #129

Advanced Member

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Jun 17 2017, 12:02 AM) *
Yup, just what poor tenants want, more expense. Brilliant 😎

You clearly don't think big enough. Certain 'stars' have made such a fuss on a charitable / self promotion basis, as our local MP found. There are others lower down the food chain, who 'enjoy a good ruck' just for the sake of it. Simply a matter of harnessing that energy. As I'm sure even you will have noticed, 'Charities' aren't generally funded by the people whose needs are being met.

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Jun 17 2017, 06:22 AM
Post #130

Advanced Member

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Jun 17 2017, 12:10 AM) *
Wife says hello by the way, you must pop round (her suggestion) give us some notice though. Give me some time to hide the good silver and put some newspaper down. 😋

I've often wondered why you have the door mat on the inside. Of course, if you haven't got much, its worth protecting. Must admit, we generally get the family stuff out when we have a big event, the age of the stuff is beginning to tell. By the way, you can pick up some quite nice stuff at auction these days if you are short. Love the 'hiding it' bit, must share that one!

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
Biker1
post Jun 17 2017, 06:54 AM
Post #131

Advanced Member

Member No.: 103

QUOTE (Andy Capp @ Jun 16 2017, 06:49 PM) *

You are probably right AC!
Here's a suggestion for a way to follow your beliefs!
Only 67 billion people to convince to do the same. rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Jun 17 2017, 08:51 AM
Post #132

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Andy Capp @ Jun 17 2017, 02:02 AM) *
Man has been around for ~200,000 years.

Really? I was referring to Homo as a genus starting with Homo Habilis, but if you want specifics.

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Jun 17 2017, 09:01 AM
Post #133

Advanced Member

QUOTE (On the edge @ Jun 17 2017, 07:12 AM) *
You clearly don't think big enough. Certain 'stars' have made such a fuss on a charitable / self promotion basis, as our local MP found. There are others lower down the food chain, who 'enjoy a good ruck' just for the sake of it. Simply a matter of harnessing that energy. As I'm sure even you will have noticed, 'Charities' aren't generally funded by the people whose needs are being met.

Hmm, Still not sure, you would need to run it past the lawyers I think. Then if it's a business you have to look at salaries, NI, benefits, holiday pay, dealing with the taxman. And that's before some be done you in for harassment. Or if it's really the wrong sort of landlord, the sort with connections, you end up with your legs across a kerb with someone's 'associate' jumping up and down on your knees! So then you have to factor in hospital bills, sick pay etc. Not starting to look like a practical business model to me. But I'm sure you know what your doing.

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Jun 17 2017, 11:11 AM
Post #134

Advanced Member

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Jun 17 2017, 09:51 AM) *
Really? I was referring to Homo as a genus starting with Homo Habilis, but if you want specifics.

I did originally say Mankind, short for human beings. Not that you would know much about that. tongue.gif

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Jun 17 2017, 01:42 PM
Post #135

Advanced Member

Member No.: 60

QUOTE (Andy Capp @ Jun 17 2017, 12:11 PM) *
I did originally say Mankind, short for human beings. Not that you would know much about that. tongue.gif

Nah. The earth is flat and 7000 years old.

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Jun 17 2017, 01:58 PM
Post #136

Advanced Member

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Jun 17 2017, 10:01 AM) *
Hmm, Still not sure, you would need to run it past the lawyers I think. Then if it's a business you have to look at salaries, NI, benefits, holiday pay, dealing with the taxman. And that's before some be done you in for harassment. Or if it's really the wrong sort of landlord, the sort with connections, you end up with your legs across a kerb with someone's 'associate' jumping up and down on your knees! So then you have to factor in hospital bills, sick pay etc. Not starting to look like a practical business model to me. But I'm sure you know what your doing.

Yes, you've seen it. No, why would I bother with lawyers and salaries etc, for the 'heavy end' at least. Whatever the modern day Peter Rachmanns do, we 'the underclass' can do better. So once word gets out that landllords who evict without good cause, or unreasonably withhold deposits find that drug addled squatters have mysteriously taken possession and their agents refuse repeat business because the hassle from groups of mouthy students in their offices really isn't worth it. And of course, these perpetrators will be doing it for social justice reasons;playing for the victim. Just needs a little organisation, that's all.

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Jun 17 2017, 02:36 PM
Post #137

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Andy Capp @ Jun 17 2017, 12:11 PM) *

I did think of narrowing down to Homo Sapiens, but I thought ,no, not in Andy's case. 😊

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Jun 17 2017, 02:38 PM
Post #138

Advanced Member

QUOTE (On the edge @ Jun 17 2017, 02:58 PM) *
Yes, you've seen it. No, why would I bother with lawyers and salaries etc, for the 'heavy end' at least. Whatever the modern day Peter Rachmanns do, we 'the underclass' can do better. So once word gets out that landllords who evict without good cause, or unreasonably withhold deposits find that drug addled squatters have mysteriously taken possession and their agents refuse repeat business because the hassle from groups of mouthy students in their offices really isn't worth it. And of course, these perpetrators will be doing it for social justice reasons;playing for the victim. Just needs a little organisation, that's all.

Ah, yes, the underclass, turning to thuggery, sits well with your Corbynite leanings.

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Jun 17 2017, 02:57 PM
Post #139

Advanced Member

QUOTE (On the edge @ Jun 17 2017, 02:58 PM) *

Actually, given me a germ of an idea, got a friend with a construction​ business, should be able to find some lads to hire out to disgruntled landlords with scum tenants who won't pay rent. Yeah pay a friendly visit, just to pay respects of course, nothing nasty, but entitled to a bit of fun like. Boot swings both ways lad. Yeah, money to be made there I'm sure. Thanks for the idea. I like a bit of 'social justice'.

+Quote Post
Turin Machine
post Jun 17 2017, 03:11 PM
Post #140

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,104

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Jun 17 2017, 03:57 PM) *
Actually, given me a germ of an idea, got a friend with a construction​ business, should be able to find some lads to hire out to disgruntled landlords with scum tenants who won't pay rent. Yeah pay a friendly visit, just to pay respects of course, nothing nasty, but entitled to a bit of fun like. Boot swings both ways lad. Yeah, money to be made there I'm sure. Thanks for the idea. I like a bit of 'social justice'.

Send me a leaflet if you get it off the ground, had a run of shocking tenants last year or so. 🤐

--------------------
Gammon. And proud!

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 12:28 PM