> CoronaVirus, Nature will find a way
SirWilliam
post Jul 13 2021, 06:28 PM
Post #641

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,341

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Jul 13 2021, 03:16 PM) *
Get with the program Will. We need to lock down. Till August. And then in August we need to lock down till March as millions will need boosters. And so it never ends.

Fortunately Johnson and "Wishy Washy" appear to have discovered how the photocopier works, so we won't run out of folding stuff anytime soon.
Getting into this staying indoors till the end of time lark. Think of the kids who have never built a snowman, seen us win anything at football, or experienced being smothered in kisses by granny.
Life is so eventful. rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Si non prius succederent.......... relinquere
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Jul 14 2021, 06:05 PM
Post #642

Advanced Member

Member No.: 60

QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Jul 13 2021, 07:28 PM) *
Fortunately Johnson and "Wishy Washy" appear to have discovered how the photocopier works, so we won't run out of folding stuff anytime soon.
Getting into this staying indoors till the end of time lark. Think of the kids who have never built a snowman, seen us win anything at football, or experienced being smothered in kisses by granny.
Life is so eventful. rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif

77 cases today in West Berks. Soon be hundreds. Procurement teams buying up body storage facilities for councils, a mate who has been jabbed and runs 10km on Sundays in hospital with Covid. I know what's coming. Do you? Buy up some serious PPE before it's too late.

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Jul 15 2021, 02:06 PM
Post #643

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Jul 14 2021, 07:05 PM) *
77 cases today in West Berks. Soon be hundreds. Procurement teams buying up body storage facilities for councils, a mate who has been jabbed and runs 10km on Sundays in hospital with Covid. I know what's coming. Do you? Buy up some serious PPE before it's too late.

Really are a bundle of joy aren't you.
Next you will be advocating a triage survival system according to one's educational standing.
Only the intellectual elite, who would find difficulty in tying their own shoe laces, will be saved to repopulate the planet.
Please the eco lunatics at least. cool.gif cool.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Jul 15 2021, 03:43 PM
Post #644

Advanced Member

QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Jul 15 2021, 03:06 PM) *
Really are a bundle of joy aren't you.
Next you will be advocating a triage survival system according to one's educational standing.
Only the intellectual elite, who would find difficulty in tying their own shoe laces, will be saved to repopulate the planet.
Please the eco lunatics at least. cool.gif cool.gif

All part of the plan Sir Will. Got to save the planet somehow.👍

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Jul 15 2021, 06:23 PM
Post #645

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Jul 15 2021, 04:43 PM) *
All part of the plan Sir Will. Got to save the planet somehow.👍

Not have to wait too long according to these boys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9D2DLzTk5xs

Quite like the idea of being one of the last humans on the planet. Bit like the last of the Triceratops, just waiting to be unearthed in 60 odd million years time.

--------------------

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Jul 16 2021, 09:53 PM
Post #646

Advanced Member

QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Jul 15 2021, 07:23 PM) *
Not have to wait too long according to these boys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9D2DLzTk5xs

Quite like the idea of being one of the last humans on the planet. Bit like the last of the Triceratops, just waiting to be unearthed in 60 odd million years time.

We will just be a layer of sediment that future beings can use as fuel

Nature always wins. Humans are a disease on the planet. Its going to end badly. For humans. Not so much the planet. Thought I am interested to know what the next dominant species will be. My money is on dogs..

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Jul 17 2021, 11:42 AM
Post #647

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Jul 16 2021, 10:53 PM) *
We will just be a layer of sediment that future beings can use as fuel

Nature always wins. Humans are a disease on the planet. Its going to end badly. For humans. Not so much the planet. Thought I am interested to know what the next dominant species will be. My money is on dogs..

Well there appears to be enough of them and they certainly would survive and propagate if the human species went from 8 billion to a couple of hundred overnight.
But mass extinctions tend to occur when the planet is subjected to "outside" forces such as extreme climate change over a lengthy period, (not a couple of wet years or a hot summer), and there is little evidence of one being imminent; or a hunk of rock the size of Jersey ploughing into us.
Now what follows is dependant on what caused the extinction in the first place. If we enter an ice age type environment then oceanic life will prosper, a hot arid one then insects will.
Of course a "dominant" species does not necessarily mean an "intelligent" one, (if you can call humans intelligent). No evidence that the dinosaur was particularly bright, yet they survived pretty well for 150 million years, but all it took was a wayward asteroid, and good night Vienna. We have been on the planet for less than half a million, yet managed to **** it up completely.
And while we are on the subject, no one has cited the amount of CO2 exhaled by those 8 billion?
If you really want to save the planet, stop breathing.

--------------------

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Jul 17 2021, 08:19 PM
Post #648

Advanced Member

QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Jul 17 2021, 12:42 PM) *
Well there appears to be enough of them and they certainly would survive and propagate if the human species went from 8 billion to a couple of hundred overnight.
But mass extinctions tend to occur when the planet is subjected to "outside" forces such as extreme climate change over a lengthy period, (not a couple of wet years or a hot summer), and there is little evidence of one being imminent; or a hunk of rock the size of Jersey ploughing into us.
Now what follows is dependant on what caused the extinction in the first place. If we enter an ice age type environment then oceanic life will prosper, a hot arid one then insects will.
Of course a "dominant" species does not necessarily mean an "intelligent" one, (if you can call humans intelligent). No evidence that the dinosaur was particularly bright, yet they survived pretty well for 150 million years, but all it took was a wayward asteroid, and good night Vienna. We have been on the planet for less than half a million, yet managed to **** it up completely.
And while we are on the subject, no one has cited the amount of CO2 exhaled by those 8 billion?
If you really want to save the planet, stop breathing.

To be fair Sir Will, Covid is trying and all the billionaires are building space ships.🤣

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Jul 19 2021, 08:14 AM
Post #649

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Jul 17 2021, 09:19 PM) *
To be fair Sir Will, Covid is trying and all the billionaires are building space ships.🤣

Now there's an election winning campaign slogan for Starmer and the neo commie party, (formally known as Labour).

"Vote Labour and get free flights to the Planet of your Choice".

In extra small print, "this offer is only available, at present, to card carrying woke types from Islington".

--------------------

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Jul 19 2021, 05:32 PM
Post #650

Advanced Member

QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Jul 19 2021, 09:14 AM) *
Now there's an election winning campaign slogan for Starmer and the neo commie party, (formally known as Labour).

"Vote Labour and get free flights to the Planet of your Choice".

In extra small print, "this offer is only available, at present, to card carrying woke types from Islington".

Hope you are getting your Vaxpass for when you go clubbing Sir Will!👍🤣

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Jul 20 2021, 07:41 AM
Post #651

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Jul 19 2021, 06:32 PM) *
Hope you are getting your Vaxpass for when you go clubbing Sir Will!👍🤣

The only "clubbing" this old bugger will be doing is with a pickaxe handle if I am ever asked to present any form of identity.
My family did not sacrifice their lives 80 years ago in order to arrive at this position.
To paraphrase Martin Niemöller, "First they tried to control the "night clubbers", but I was not an overgrown teenager so I was not concerned".
Mark my words, in ten years time this will be an entirely different country to what it was 5 years ago. (And it wasn't that good then).

--------------------

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Jul 20 2021, 07:11 PM
Post #652

Advanced Member

QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Jul 20 2021, 08:41 AM) *
The only "clubbing" this old bugger will be doing is with a pickaxe handle if I am ever asked to present any form of identity.
My family did not sacrifice their lives 80 years ago in order to arrive at this position.
To paraphrase Martin Niemöller, "First they tried to control the "night clubbers", but I was not an overgrown teenager so I was not concerned".
Mark my words, in ten years time this will be an entirely different country to what it was 5 years ago. (And it wasn't that good then).

Sir Will. You sound like you are not willing to get chipped and pinned. This is not acceptable. I think tattoos and some sort of symbol should be next for the unvaccinated.👍

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Jul 22 2021, 07:56 AM
Post #653

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Jul 20 2021, 08:11 PM) *
Sir Will. You sound like you are not willing to get chipped and pinned. This is not acceptable. I think tattoos and some sort of symbol should be next for the unvaccinated.👍

Are you a government adviser affiliated to SAGE, TDH? Obviously you are testing public opinion on how far the great unwashed can be controlled before they start raising a modicum of objection.
As already shown, they are quite happy to be told what to do, and how to do it, providing it doesn't affect them individually.

On a more serious note, queues outside supermarkets by the end of next week,reminiscent of eastern european cities after the war? I'm afraid they are behaving like a bunch of kids with a can of petrol and a box of swan vestas.
Least the "melon" party will rub their hands at the thought of us having to survive off the lettuce presently being grown in the window box. smile.gif smile.gif

"Tattooing while you wait" outlets are springing up all over town. rolleyes.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Jul 22 2021, 09:46 PM
Post #654

Advanced Member

QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Jul 22 2021, 08:56 AM) *
Are you a government adviser affiliated to SAGE, TDH? Obviously you are testing public opinion on how far the great unwashed can be controlled before they start raising a modicum of objection.
As already shown, they are quite happy to be told what to do, and how to do it, providing it doesn't affect them individually.

On a more serious note, queues outside supermarkets by the end of next week,reminiscent of eastern european cities after the war? I'm afraid they are behaving like a bunch of kids with a can of petrol and a box of swan vestas.
Least the "melon" party will rub their hands at the thought of us having to survive off the lettuce presently being grown in the window box. smile.gif smile.gif

"Tattooing while you wait" outlets are springing up all over town. rolleyes.gif

Queues will only form if people are idiots...oh wait...I see the flaw in my argument...🤣 Covid 19 will soon be just attacking the Kidneys, Liver and Heart, as it was designed to do. They all know. They just ain't saying...stay safe.

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Jul 23 2021, 08:00 AM
Post #655

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Jul 22 2021, 10:46 PM) *
Queues will only form if people are idiots...oh wait...I see the flaw in my argument...🤣 Covid 19 will soon be just attacking the Kidneys, Liver and Heart, as it was designed to do. They all know. They just ain't saying...stay safe.

The surest way of creating panic is for a government spokesperson to say "there is no reason to panic".

Incidentally are we the only two left on this forum? One would have thought contributions would have risen tenfold as an "independent" platform for expressing views on what has turned into an extremely divisive government response to controlling our lives.
Or maybe everyone believes they are doing a good job?

--------------------

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Jul 23 2021, 10:34 AM
Post #656

Advanced Member

QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Jul 23 2021, 09:00 AM) *
The surest way of creating panic is for a government spokesperson to say "there is no reason to panic".

Incidentally are we the only two left on this forum? One would have thought contributions would have risen tenfold as an "independent" platform for expressing views on what has turned into an extremely divisive government response to controlling our lives.
Or maybe everyone believes they are doing a good job?

Most people don't care. Could be worse. Australia have only vaccinated 10% and seem to be in permanent lockdown.
And yes...just the 2 of us left!!!

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Jul 24 2021, 08:47 AM
Post #657

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Jul 23 2021, 11:34 AM) *
Most people don't care. Could be worse. Australia have only vaccinated 10% and seem to be in permanent lockdown.
And yes...just the 2 of us left!!!

Australia is an interesting one in that their lockdown was extremely draconian, even their own citizens couldn't get back in, yet their infection rates,(of the recent variant), are comparable with countries that had a more laissez-faire approach.
Little doubt we will be back in some form of restriction by November, because for some reason, and one that is difficult to quantify, HMG is obsessed with obtaining a zero covid infection rate, which even next door's dog appreciates is not achievable.

Of course then we start to get into "conspiracy theory" territory, and that is even worse than the present position.

On a positive note, I visited the supermarket yesterday, (name omitted), shelves seem well stocked and certain members of staff were no longer wearing a face muzzle.
So I tip my hat to the local manager.

--------------------

+Quote Post
bonnie
post Jul 24 2021, 08:18 PM
Post #658

Advanced Member

Member No.: 127

I'm here ! enjoying your banter

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Jul 25 2021, 08:19 AM
Post #659

Advanced Member

QUOTE (bonnie @ Jul 24 2021, 09:18 PM) *
I'm here ! enjoying your banter

Deep joy, another human being. wink.gif
Not sure if it's banter, or an exacerbated expression of frustration at our present position. It seems we are allowing the whole covd debacle to camouflage the insidious introduction of a neo-marxist political agenda.
Heavy stuff eh? Well maybe a little hyperbole is creeping in, but it seems that the silent majority is being lead down the road to economic perdition without the histrionics of protest being heard.

Okay so it is my triple lock pension at stake, but as there are no shops left to visit, those handful of extra pennies would only wear a hole in my 40 year old jacket pocket. rolleyes.gif

Over to you, TDH.

--------------------

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Jul 28 2021, 09:23 PM
Post #660

Advanced Member

QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Jul 25 2021, 09:19 AM) *
Deep joy, another human being. wink.gif
Not sure if it's banter, or an exacerbated expression of frustration at our present position. It seems we are allowing the whole covd debacle to camouflage the insidious introduction of a neo-marxist political agenda.
Heavy stuff eh? Well maybe a little hyperbole is creeping in, but it seems that the silent majority is being lead down the road to economic perdition without the histrionics of protest being heard.

Okay so it is my triple lock pension at stake, but as there are no shops left to visit, those handful of extra pennies would only wear a hole in my 40 year old jacket pocket. rolleyes.gif

Over to you, TDH.

Well I went into work yesterday for the first time in 9 months. Was rather enjoyable. Got kissed my some very beautiful ladies (it was my birthday) and was really nice to be "normal"...all Covid precautions went out or the window!! Though I may be in trouble for asking the ladies if they needed another "injection"...🤷‍♂️🤣

+Quote Post

35 Pages V  « < 31 32 33 34 35 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:24 PM