Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Feb 27 2015, 01:02 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 98

No, nothing has changed and we've spent even more to get there. What did you expect?

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
spartacus
post Feb 27 2015, 01:36 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 221

I think he's on about this forum..... wink.gif

The same six keyboard warriors fighting the good fight against the council in an endless circle of argument.

Oh look... it's sunny outside. Summer's here, time to step away from the keyboard and do something more useful

tara

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Feb 27 2015, 04:08 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Nah, election time, the pond life becomes active and the gad flys flit away....

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
dannyboy
post Feb 27 2015, 05:32 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 51

QUOTE (spartacus @ Feb 27 2015, 01:36 PM) *

The same six keyboard warriors fighting the good fight against the council in an endless circle of argument.

Oh look... it's sunny outside. Summer's here, time to step away from the keyboard and do something more useful

tara

you got it.

Sisyphean.

18 months without a look in - I was expecting at least some change.

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Feb 27 2015, 05:53 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

QUOTE (dannyboy @ Feb 27 2015, 05:32 PM) *
you got it.

Sisyphean.

Not from round here then?

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
Cognosco
post Feb 27 2015, 07:10 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,212

you got it.

Sisyphean.

Hey up nice to have you back!

So WBC are in trouble again and have to call out the Rottweiler spokesperson from retirement to help out User, Sparticus et al. Do you have to guarantee some time in the Council spokesperson reserves after carrying out a tour of duty for the Supreme Leader.......just in case of emergencies like? rolleyes.gif

No I have to agree nothing changes....... still more or less daily gaffs by our two beloved local Authorities and still the gaffs are costing ratepayers a fortune and no one being held responsible.
Still the same people taking up their valuable time trying to shine a light on misdeeds and still the local Authorities trying their damnedest to prevent them. On and on it goes......but you have to live in hope, after all Rome wasn't built in a day was it?

--------------------
Vexatious Candidate?

+Quote Post
GMR
post Feb 27 2015, 07:36 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

Member No.: 33

QUOTE (dannyboy @ Feb 27 2015, 11:25 AM) *
I see nothing has changed.

WBC must be worried to call you back out of retirement, along with Spartacus and User23. But it is good to have a very old face back from the dead. wink.gif laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Biker1
post Feb 27 2015, 07:48 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Member No.: 103

QUOTE (spartacus @ Feb 27 2015, 03:36 PM) *

Ooeerr!!, does that include me? unsure.gif
I rarely get involved in the council bashing debates!! dry.gif

+Quote Post
Lolly
post Feb 27 2015, 09:26 PM
Post #11

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,763

you got it.

Sisyphean.

If you've not checked in for 18 months somebody else must have hacked your profile...

http://forum.newburytoday.co.uk/index.php?...ic=2674&hl=

Page 19 post 369

+Quote Post
Cognosco
post Feb 28 2015, 11:44 AM
Post #12

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Lolly @ Feb 27 2015, 09:26 PM) *
If you've not checked in for 18 months somebody else must have hacked your profile...

http://forum.newburytoday.co.uk/index.php?...ic=2674&hl=

Page 19 post 369

Ah he never was known for getting his facts correct...........associated with WBC you see? rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Vexatious Candidate?

+Quote Post
dannyboy
post Mar 3 2015, 01:42 PM
Post #13

Advanced Member

QUOTE (spartacus @ Feb 27 2015, 01:36 PM) *

tara

The posts above say it perfectly.

Cossie regurgetates the same drivel - which they use in every single thread where someone does not **** all over the local councils. That being 'you work for the council'.

and, then the endless pointless divertion from the main thread of the topic by picking up on a trivial error & making that the gist of the thread as opposed to whatever it was the op originally commented upon. ( such as purposely putting 18 months instead of 12 ).

+Quote Post
Cognosco
post Mar 3 2015, 04:26 PM
Post #14

Advanced Member

QUOTE (dannyboy @ Mar 3 2015, 01:42 PM) *
The posts above say it perfectly.

Cossie regurgetates the same drivel - which they use in every single thread where someone does not **** all over the local councils. That being 'you work for the council'.

and, then the endless pointless divertion from the main thread of the topic by picking up on a trivial error & making that the gist of the thread as opposed to whatever it was the op originally commented upon. ( such as purposely putting 18 months instead of 12 ).

Yeah right! Typical WBC spin you mean? rolleyes.gif

There is of course one way, I suppose I should not have to point this out though of course, to bring an end to the Council bashing posts..........get something right for a change! Treat the tax and precept payer with a bit of respect and have some transparency and democratic processes brought to the fore and of course lets start looking after the money with a bit of common sense instead of wasting it like they have been doing for some years now. This applies to both Local Authorities as they both appear to be totally inept to some degree or the other?

We could always make the same statement but looking from our perspective! Every time someone makes a critical statement of the Councils then the same few make posts belittling the poster who has brought another council gaff to attention? rolleyes.gif

So why not try another tactic and persuade the councils, who you seem to back so ardently,
to see the error of their ways and en-devour to engage with their critics instead of trying to put a spin on it, which only makes matters far worse in the end, and face the fact that they have to make apologies when they get things wrong and explain just how they are going to insure that are not going to let this happen again. Simple really isn't it? rolleyes.gif

It would make my life and others so much easier if we did not have to keep coming on the forum and posting so called Council Bashing posts to keep them on their toes......even though they don't read the Forum of course! rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Vexatious Candidate?

+Quote Post
dannyboy
post Mar 3 2015, 04:34 PM
Post #15

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Cognosco @ Mar 3 2015, 04:26 PM) *
Yeah right! Typical WBC spin you mean? rolleyes.gif

There is of course one way, I suppose I should not have to point this out though of course, to bring an end to the Council bashing posts..........get something right for a change! Treat the tax and precept payer with a bit of respect and have some transparency and democratic processes brought to the fore and of course lets start looking after the money with a bit of common sense instead of wasting it like they have been doing for some years now. This applies to both Local Authorities as they both appear to be totally inept to some degree or the other?

We could always make the same statement but looking from our perspective! Every time someone makes a critical statement of the Councils then the same few make posts belittling the poster who has brought another council gaff to attention? rolleyes.gif

So why not try another tactic and persuade the councils, who you seem to back so ardently,
to see the error of their ways and en-devour to engage with their critics instead of trying to put a spin on it, which only makes matters far worse in the end, and face the fact that they have to make apologies when they get things wrong and explain just how they are going to insure that are not going to let this happen again. Simple really isn't it? rolleyes.gif

It would make my life and others so much easier if we did not have to keep coming on the forum and posting so called Council Bashing posts to keep them on their toes......even though they don't read the Forum of course! rolleyes.gif

Hillarious.

Engage with their critics. Hmmm, you mean they should book a table for 6 down the 'spoons?

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Mar 3 2015, 04:48 PM
Post #16

Advanced Member

Member No.: 317

QUOTE (dannyboy @ Mar 3 2015, 04:34 PM) *
Hillarious.

Engage with their critics. Hmmm, you mean they should book a table for 6 down the 'spoons?

Probably cheaper and as effective as hosting the same event in the council chamber.

+Quote Post
Spider
post Mar 3 2015, 05:11 PM
Post #17

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,832

I haven't been on for awhile, but I don't think you can just blame the few. We are all individuals with important concerns of our own. If Dannyboy has concerns then he should fight his corner, rather than moan about those he is not happy with. I do understand where he is coming from, but this is a free forum with a free voice. The other choice is control who comes on. The trouble with that would create a very boring forum. Whatever way you look at it there are down sides. At least Newbury has got somewhere to go to have a moan. Just as Dannyboy is doing.

+Quote Post
Cognosco
post Mar 3 2015, 06:03 PM
Post #18

Advanced Member

QUOTE (dannyboy @ Mar 3 2015, 04:34 PM) *
Hillarious.

Spoons or anywhere else providing someone listens and takes any notice! rolleyes.gif
If there was any chance that any notice would be taken of the critics I think you may be amazed how many there are in Newbury. wink.gif

--------------------
Vexatious Candidate?

+Quote Post
dannyboy
post Mar 3 2015, 06:35 PM
Post #19

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Spider @ Mar 3 2015, 05:11 PM) *
I haven't been on for awhile, but I don't think you can just blame the few. We are all individuals with important concerns of our own. If Dannyboy has concerns then he should fight his corner, rather than moan about those he is not happy with. I do understand where he is coming from, but this is a free forum with a free voice. The other choice is control who comes on. The trouble with that would create a very boring forum. Whatever way you look at it there are down sides. At least Newbury has got somewhere to go to have a moan. Just as Dannyboy is doing.

when this forum first started back in 2009 there was a good cross section of people posting.

that isn't the case any longer.

+Quote Post
dannyboy
post Mar 3 2015, 06:35 PM
Post #20

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Cognosco @ Mar 3 2015, 06:03 PM) *
Spoons or anywhere else providing someone listens and takes any notice! rolleyes.gif
If there was any chance that any notice would be taken of the critics I think you may be amazed how many there are in Newbury. wink.gif

nah - it is a town of happy campers.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 07:29 AM