Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Green bins, DNA testing cabbages
regor
post Aug 5 2019, 02:50 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 236

Let us assume that I decline to pay the additional charge for garden waste in my green bin.
I am assured that kitchen refuse will still be collected for no charge.
So, if I buy a cabbage from my local supermarket, eat some and put the remains in the green bin that will be fine.
But, if i grow a cabbage in my garden, eat some and put the remains in the green bin it will not be collected.
so my question is "Who will do the DNA testing to establish the provenance of the discarded portion of cabbage?"
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Aug 6 2019, 08:29 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,341

QUOTE (regor @ Aug 5 2019, 03:50 PM) *
Let us assume that I decline to pay the additional charge for garden waste in my green bin.
So, if I buy a cabbage from my local supermarket, eat some and put the remains in the green bin that will be fine.
But, if i grow a cabbage in my garden, eat some and put the remains in the green bin it will not be collected.
so my question is "Who will do the DNA testing to establish the provenance of the discarded portion of cabbage?"

Apparently dear Boris has found a bit of loose change down the back of the Downing Street sofa, so plenty of cash now for councils to employ sufficient university graduates to analyse every bin in the land. See running a country is not that difficult. rolleyes.gif

Incidentally why are you throwing half your cabbage away?

--------------------
Si non prius succederent.......... relinquere

+Quote Post
Biker1
post Aug 7 2019, 05:07 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 103

QUOTE (regor @ Aug 5 2019, 03:50 PM) *

I think the key here in this rip off policy is in the term "kitchen waste"
Both examples of cabbage will have passed through your kitchen and are therefore classified as "kitchen waste".
So it would appear that all you have to do to avoid the charge is to pass you hedge clippings through the kitchen on their way to the green bin.
Maybe cook a few shoots with the intention of eating them as they pass through.
Result?? biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Aug 7 2019, 12:04 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Biker1 @ Aug 7 2019, 06:07 AM) *
I think the key here in this rip off policy is in the term "kitchen waste"
Both examples of cabbage will have passed through your kitchen and are therefore classified as "kitchen waste".
So it would appear that all you have to do to avoid the charge is to pass you hedge clippings through the kitchen on their way to the green bin.
Maybe cook a few shoots with the intention of eating them as they pass through.
Result?? biggrin.gif

According to the brexit profits of doom you may well be eating the hedge cuttings soon. "Make privett part of your 5 a day" will be the clarion call.

--------------------

+Quote Post
newres
post Aug 8 2019, 11:03 AM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,961

QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Aug 7 2019, 01:04 PM) *
According to the brexit profits of doom you may well be eating the hedge cuttings soon. "Make privett part of your 5 a day" will be the clarion call.

Not sure about that, but I heard an interesting fact yesterday that the country at any one time only holds 8 days food supplies. I doubt anyone will starve but I imagine choice could be hugely compromised. We’ll definitely stock up on a few things although I do expect no deal to be avoided.

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Aug 8 2019, 03:32 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 60

QUOTE (newres @ Aug 8 2019, 12:03 PM) *
Not sure about that, but I heard an interesting fact yesterday that the country at any one time only holds 8 days food supplies. I doubt anyone will starve but I imagine choice could be hugely compromised. We’ll definitely stock up on a few things although I do expect no deal to be avoided.

How will no deal be avoided? It takes compromise and the EU ain't budging. Even a vote of no confidence in the government is irrelevant now. We are all doomed fella. It's the final countdown. Better get some underpants on your head and 2 lollipop sticks up your nose... I.may not be able to get my chateaux neuf de pap? Or I may have to order it on line from France and wait a day or two? How will I cope?

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Aug 9 2019, 07:29 AM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,530

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Aug 8 2019, 04:32 PM) *
How will no deal be avoided? It takes compromise and the EU ain't budging. Even a vote of no confidence in the government is irrelevant now. We are all doomed fella. It's the final countdown. Better get some underpants on your head and 2 lollipop sticks up your nose... I.may not be able to get my chateaux neuf de pap? Or I may have to order it on line from France and wait a day or two? How will I cope?

If Corby gets his way we'll all be reduced to gnawing on roots n berries anyway.

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Aug 9 2019, 11:34 AM
Post #8

Advanced Member

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Aug 9 2019, 08:29 AM) *
If Corby gets his way we'll all be reduced to gnawing on roots n berries anyway.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-49238749

If these barmpots have their way you won't be to far off in your prophecy. Carrot curry anyone? rolleyes.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Aug 9 2019, 10:51 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

Member No.: 60

QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Aug 9 2019, 12:34 PM) *
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-49238749

If these barmpots have their way you won't be to far off in your prophecy. Carrot curry anyone? rolleyes.gif

It's OK. We will have plenty of Donald Trumps chlorinated chicken to eat. Yum yum. 😂 I see Brexit caused the power cut tonight as well. Bl00dy Brexit. Far right leavers. Scum of the earth. And we are in recession. I always said it was a huge mistake and we should stay and hand over control to Brussels.

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Aug 10 2019, 07:53 AM
Post #10

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Aug 9 2019, 11:51 PM) *
It's OK. We will have plenty of Donald Trumps chlorinated chicken to eat. Yum yum. 😂 I see Brexit caused the power cut tonight as well. Bl00dy Brexit. Far right leavers. Scum of the earth. And we are in recession. I always said it was a huge mistake and we should stay and hand over control to Brussels.

I honestly believe it is the result of the "Chaos Theory". All actions have a cause and effect but as our planet is now teetering on a new geological period it stands to reason that a few bizarre events will happen. We will probably hear that the grid shutdown was due to a 5 bob switch failure. cool.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Biker1
post Aug 10 2019, 08:32 AM
Post #11

Advanced Member

Member No.: 103

Here is the REAL treason for man made climate change (if it does exist).
All your school strikes, changing diet, electric vehicles, council emergency declarations etc. will have no effect until this changes.

There are approximately 360,000 babies born per day and 15,000 births per hour worldwide. That is more than twice the number of people who die each day. Just under half of the world's total population is comprised of children 18 and under. The average life expectancy worldwide for new babies born each year is 67

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Aug 10 2019, 09:26 AM
Post #12

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Biker1 @ Aug 10 2019, 09:32 AM) *
All your school strikes, changing diet, electric vehicles, council emergency declarations etc. will have no effect until this changes.

There are approximately 360,000 babies born per day and 15,000 births per hour worldwide. That is more than twice the number of people who die each day. Just under half of the world's total population is comprised of children 18 and under. The average life expectancy worldwide for new babies born each year is 67

That statistic is frightening. Maybe messers Ali Khamenei, Kim Jong-un and Donald Trump will have a pivotal role in our future after all. Especially if Putin gets an invite too

--------------------

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Aug 12 2019, 10:40 PM
Post #13

Advanced Member

Member No.: 317

QUOTE (Biker1 @ Aug 10 2019, 09:32 AM) *

You might be right, but I believe there are benefits to changing diets and sustainable energy, etc; I don’t see it as a waste of time; I don’t see it as a valid reason to do nothing.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 09:16 AM