> Failing schools - what's the answer?, what to do with John O Gaunt
Richard Garvie
post Jan 14 2011, 05:25 PM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,076

QUOTE (user23 @ Jan 14 2011, 05:18 PM) *
It's standard politicking. Invent a problem then call for enquiry implying you're the person to fix the problem, creating a role for yourself. I believe it's Page 32 of the Junior Politician's Playbook Richard uses. wink.gif

The trick is not to over do it and call for an enquiry or a report for everything or you'll loose any credibility one might have.

I've stated all along that we need a review on planning policy since 2004. I have also asked for an investigation into CCTV. I challenged Richard Benyon to a debate on certain issues. What else?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
NWNREADER
post Jan 14 2011, 05:35 PM
Post #22

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,265

Post #20

I see no connect between the comment and RGs response.

Sometimes he strikes me as someone happier with a problem than a solution.......

+Quote Post
NWNREADER
post Jan 14 2011, 05:36 PM
Post #23

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,265

QUOTE (Richard Garvie @ Jan 14 2011, 05:25 PM) *
I've stated all along that we need a review on planning policy since 2004.

Most planning policy since 2004 has been driven by Central Government.........

Why 2004?

+Quote Post
user23
post Jan 14 2011, 05:42 PM
Post #24

Advanced Member

Member No.: 50

QUOTE (NWNREADER @ Jan 14 2011, 05:35 PM) *
Post #20

I see no connect between the comment and RGs response.

Sometimes he strikes me as someone happier with a problem than a solution.......
Haven't really seen many solutions from him, bar calling for an enquiry to "establish the facts" or "discipline the wrong doers". I haven't really seen much constructive him just wasting taxpayers money.

+Quote Post
Richard Garvie
post Jan 14 2011, 07:02 PM
Post #25

Advanced Member

QUOTE (user23 @ Jan 14 2011, 05:42 PM) *
Haven't really seen many solutions from him, bar calling for an enquiry to "establish the facts" or "discipline the wrong doers". I haven't really seen much constructive him just wasting taxpayers money.

You talk some rubbish sometimes.

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Jan 14 2011, 07:14 PM
Post #26

Advanced Member

Member No.: 20

QUOTE (Richard Garvie @ Jan 14 2011, 07:02 PM) *

huh.gif ?

+Quote Post
Richard Garvie
post Jan 14 2011, 07:16 PM
Post #27

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Iommi @ Jan 14 2011, 07:14 PM) *
huh.gif ?

Fair point.

+Quote Post
user23
post Jan 14 2011, 07:34 PM
Post #28

Advanced Member

Member No.: 50

QUOTE (Richard Garvie @ Jan 14 2011, 07:02 PM) *
That's a bit rude. Think I might have touched a nerve there, perhaps I'm a little too close to the truth.

+Quote Post
Berkshirelad
post Jan 14 2011, 07:55 PM
Post #29

Advanced Member

Member No.: 271

QUOTE (Rachel @ Jan 13 2011, 11:43 PM) *
This teacher was employed by whoever was on the personnel committee at JOG back in 2007.

I very much doubt than any personnel committee was involved.

Most recruitment outside the leadership team is done by the head

+Quote Post
Rachel
post Jan 14 2011, 09:31 PM
Post #30

Advanced Member

Member No.: 258

QUOTE (Berkshirelad @ Jan 14 2011, 07:55 PM) *
I very much doubt than any personnel committee was involved.

Most recruitment outside the leadership team is done by the head

I bow to your superior knowledge, in which case the blame for the appointment can largely be placed at the former Head's feet, fully accepting that he or she may have been mislead by the applicant & his references, but without question nowt to do with the current Head other than inheriting staff.
I do happen to know that all teaching staff in several primary schools that I'm aware of go through a rigorous selection process which involves applicants being formally interviewed by a panel including members of the Senior Management Team & Governors, being observed presenting a lesson to the age range of children the job is with & being interviewed by a panel of children from the school too. All views are then considered, the post is offered verbally (normaly that day) then formally in writing once accepted verbally. If this doesn't occur in secondary schools, perhaps it should?

+Quote Post
Richard Garvie
post Jan 15 2011, 08:28 AM
Post #31

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Rachel @ Jan 14 2011, 09:31 PM) *
I bow to your superior knowledge, in which case the blame for the appointment can largely be placed at the former Head's feet, fully accepting that he or she may have been mislead by the applicant & his references, but without question nowt to do with the current Head other than inheriting staff.
I do happen to know that all teaching staff in several primary schools that I'm aware of go through a rigorous selection process which involves applicants being formally interviewed by a panel including members of the Senior Management Team & Governors, being observed presenting a lesson to the age range of children the job is with & being interviewed by a panel of children from the school too. All views are then considered, the post is offered verbally (normaly that day) then formally in writing once accepted verbally. If this doesn't occur in secondary schools, perhaps it should?

Totally agree. Unfortunately, like in any business, people sometimes slip through the net. If people are appointed on that basis, the responsibility rightly should fall on the person responsibile for that appointment.

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Jan 15 2011, 08:49 AM
Post #32

Advanced Member

Member No.: 20

Most places I have worked, there is a probation period, I presume that this doesn't happen in public education?

Anyone see Question Time Thursday? There were three examples of 'teacher power'. Apparently they voted Tory at the election...yeah right. I thought Michael Gove MP (Labour when he was a teenager apparently) intellectually wiped the floor with the rest of the panel that night. Anyway, were are slipping down the international league tables in education standards, all so that we, allegedly, don't upset some students. A good teacher will teach, bad ones rely on the subject in my view.

I think it is about time we de-leftiefied the teaching profession. We should also demand more from our teachers from top to bottom, even if it means a penny or two on income tax.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 06:15 AM