> Richard Garvie on petrol prices locally, Death Wish
HJD
post May 29 2013, 01:20 PM
Post #61

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 322

QUOTE (motormad @ May 27 2013, 11:37 PM) *
Because you don't do that at all do you? These days I hardly bother to even make an "argument" because there are more important things in my life to worry about. Like friends. Or Pizza. Or you know, sunlight.
Plus the things you lot talk about are nearly always high-end council related nonsense, and unless you spend all your free-time (which I have less and less of these days) at council meetings and ballot votes and protest rallys, the average person (me for example) would have no idea what is going on in your little world.

I agree with a lot of what you say here motormad, not all because I don't eat Pizza for a start, a nice piece of Cheese on Toast tastes similar & costs a lot less tongue.gif .
This forum does seem to be very quiet just lately, to quote Andy Capp in a previous thread (Newbury News, Fare payer bus pass) 'We are hardly overwhelmed with new threads'. I did suggest that perhaps it's because nearly every thread seems to be about or end up containing the words WBC / NDC. Fair enough if politics are what turns you on but all the time, Nah. Here's a suggestion, how about a separate Category reserved purely for Party Politics, then perhaps some of the other average forum members would think about posting again smile.gif .
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
pbonnay
post May 30 2013, 07:10 PM
Post #62

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,791

QUOTE (motormad @ May 29 2013, 11:23 AM) *
It is however the most effective option for grabbing people's attention.

In a way, you might have hit the nail on the head there!

From what I understand, RG went to the press before his employer had responded to his allegations - they had not had the opportunity to explain or put things right. That may lead to the allegation, perhaps, that RG has another agenda in doing what he did.

+Quote Post
dannyboy
post May 30 2013, 07:41 PM
Post #63

Advanced Member

Member No.: 51

According to the net, the Kettering / Newbury divide is down by 33.3%

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 11:37 AM