Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Kitchen Caddies
regor
post Oct 19 2012, 02:53 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 236

Last year we got Kitchen caddies for waste food and a bundle of biodegradable bags. I feel pretty sure that at the time we were promised a six monthly delivery of replacement bags.
In the spring we got a delivery of new bags.
So far so good We supplemented the free bags with a limited number of bought bags and all was well.
Until now.
I now discover from the council website that there a no more bags from the council and we all have to buy them from supermarkets.

Also, my caddy has fallen apart so I followed the links on the website to ask for a replacement. I got a reply to the effect that there was a issue of one per household and thats it. There are no replacements but again these can be purchased from various shops.

Can anyone explain how this encourages recycling?
How many households will just stop bothering?

Or is this another little cut in what we get for our council tax, death by a thousand cuts?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cognosco
post Oct 19 2012, 04:01 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,212

QUOTE (regor @ Oct 19 2012, 03:53 PM) *
Last year we got Kitchen caddies for waste food and a bundle of biodegradable bags. I feel pretty sure that at the time we were promised a six monthly delivery of replacement bags.
So far so good We supplemented the free bags with a limited number of bought bags and all was well.
Until now.
I now discover from the council website that there a no more bags from the council and we all have to buy them from supermarkets.

Also, my caddy has fallen apart so I followed the links on the website to ask for a replacement. I got a reply to the effect that there was a issue of one per household and thats it. There are no replacements but again these can be purchased from various shops.

Or is this another little cut in what we get for our council tax, death by a thousand cuts?

We all know full well that it is WBC way of cutting services but trying to avoid saying it.
Just do as most others do now put everything including general waste in the black bin one week and then the same in the green bin the next week. That way you get weekly bin collections which is what you were originally paying for.
The Veollia lads say most waste that is intended for recycling goes to landfill anyway? rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Vexatious Candidate?

+Quote Post
Exhausted
post Oct 20 2012, 05:49 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 320

QUOTE (Cognosco @ Oct 19 2012, 05:01 PM) *
We all know full well that it is WBC way of cutting services but trying to avoid saying it.
Just do as most others do now put everything including general waste in the black bin one week and then the same in the green bin the next week. That way you get weekly bin collections which is what you were originally paying for.
The Veollia lads say most waste that is intended for recycling goes to landfill anyway? rolleyes.gif

You sir, are a disgrace. WBC have gone to great pains to give us the facilities we need to solve the issue of man on the planet earth and you have failed to use them. No wonder we are doomed as a race and I think that your final line has no foundation in truth. Our council would not lie to us.

+Quote Post
Cognosco
post Oct 20 2012, 06:59 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Exhausted @ Oct 20 2012, 06:49 PM) *
You sir, are a disgrace. WBC have gone to great pains to give us the facilities we need to solve the issue of man on the planet earth and you have failed to use them. No wonder we are doomed as a race and I think that your final line has no foundation in truth. Our council would not lie to us.

Would I be brave enough to suggest that they would? I don't wish to be Kirby'd! rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Vexatious Candidate?

+Quote Post
Penelope
post Oct 20 2012, 07:23 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,392

QUOTE (Cognosco @ Oct 20 2012, 07:59 PM) *
Would I be brave enough to suggest that they would? I don't wish to be Kirby'd! rolleyes.gif

You Sir, are becoming vexatious! Stop it, we know where you live.

Signed

NTC

+Quote Post
Cognosco
post Oct 20 2012, 07:49 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Penelope @ Oct 20 2012, 08:23 PM) *
You Sir, are becoming vexatious! Stop it, we know where you live.

Signed

NTC

Yes but they can't take my allotment away, I don't have one! They have tried to take my freedom of speech away, they are very near to succeeding? They have taken nearly half of Newbury and given it away for a pound? They have taken my tax money and given it to some consultant to pay for a report on cracks in Viccy park and then won't reveal what is in the report. I could go on and on but wont.

The only thing I want them to take away is my refuse weekly, which I pay for, but they Won't! angry.gif

I think the statement of "You don't understand how Politics works" is correct! rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Vexatious Candidate?

+Quote Post
bubbles
post Nov 8 2012, 08:45 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 8,920

angry.gif
I am disgusted the council cut our bin collections but make us all feel a bit better with green bins and kitchen caddies. Once we have got used to this make us pay for the bags - we are out of pocket (what a surprise !)

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Nov 8 2012, 10:10 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Member No.: 317

QUOTE (bubbles @ Nov 8 2012, 08:45 PM) *
angry.gif
I am disgusted the council cut our bin collections but make us all feel a bit better with green bins and kitchen caddies. Once we have got used to this make us pay for the bags - we are out of pocket (what a surprise !)

We don't use the bags, they are useless, as is the caddy.

+Quote Post
JeffG
post Nov 8 2012, 10:23 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

Member No.: 56

QUOTE (Andy Capp @ Nov 8 2012, 10:10 PM) *

Not had a problem with either.

+Quote Post
massifheed
post Nov 9 2012, 09:28 AM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,215

QUOTE (Cognosco @ Oct 20 2012, 07:49 PM) *
They have tried to take my freedom of speech away, they are very near to succeeding?

Never mind about free speech, someone should take your question mark key away for repeated use in sentences that aren't questions.

wink.gif

+Quote Post
Cognosco
post Nov 9 2012, 05:09 PM
Post #11

Advanced Member

QUOTE (massifheed @ Nov 9 2012, 09:28 AM) *
Never mind about free speech, someone should take your question mark key away for repeated use in sentences that aren't questions.

wink.gif

But I like them and they look pretty - it also gets a response???? tongue.gif

--------------------
Vexatious Candidate?

+Quote Post
Biker1
post Nov 9 2012, 06:07 PM
Post #12

Advanced Member

Member No.: 103

QUOTE (Andy Capp @ Nov 9 2012, 12:10 AM) *

Agreed.

+Quote Post
March Hair
post Nov 9 2012, 06:45 PM
Post #13

Member No.: 8,702

QUOTE (Biker1 @ Nov 9 2012, 06:07 PM) *
Agreed.

agreed. again.

+Quote Post
March Hair
post Nov 9 2012, 06:47 PM
Post #14

Member No.: 8,702

the bags split open when you try to detach them from the roll. Lakeland do a much nicer caddy and the bags work. Ditch the freebie. (responsibly obviously!)

+Quote Post
GMR
post Nov 9 2012, 07:41 PM
Post #15

Advanced Member

Member No.: 33

QUOTE (regor @ Oct 19 2012, 02:53 PM) *
Until now.

My caddie was eventually chucked. Because of the smell I kept it outside. It didn't last long so I chucked it. It ended up being a waste of time.

By the way the bags you got were for a limited amount of time. After that you were supposed to buy your own.

+Quote Post
Jayjay
post Nov 10 2012, 08:18 AM
Post #16

Advanced Member

Member No.: 357

Would not put general waste in the green bin but can things like potato peelings go in without a bag?

+Quote Post
JeffG
post Nov 10 2012, 10:09 AM
Post #17

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Jayjay @ Nov 10 2012, 08:18 AM) *
Would not put general waste in the green bin

Yes, the earlier comment amazed me, if true. I didn't think "most people" were that anti-social.

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Nov 10 2012, 11:08 AM
Post #18

Advanced Member

Member No.: 317

QUOTE (JeffG @ Nov 10 2012, 10:09 AM) *
Yes, the earlier comment amazed me, if true. I didn't think "most people" were that anti-social.

Who are the most people on here you speak of?

+Quote Post
Penelope
post Nov 10 2012, 11:55 AM
Post #19

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,392

All our green waste goes in the green bin 'sans sac'.

+Quote Post
JeffG
post Nov 10 2012, 12:15 PM
Post #20

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Andy Capp @ Nov 10 2012, 11:08 AM) *
Who are the most people on here you speak of?

I refer the Honorable Member to Post #2 given earlier.

I was quoting the phrase "most people" used in that post.

Edit: in fact I must have misread - it says "most others". Unless I didn't misread and it's been edited since.

+Quote Post

8 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:03 PM