> CoronaVirus, Nature will find a way
TallDarkAndHands...
post Jun 2 2020, 12:16 PM
Post #561

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 60

QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Jun 1 2020, 01:09 PM) *
I equally apologise if my remark seemed in any way sarcastic. A simple piece of helpful advice as to when supermarkets are less crowded is worth a great deal more than the woolly rhetoric administered by those government spokespersons .The reference to the scientific advisory group was a sideways swipe at how ineffectual it has become as it is increasingly obvious that the government is now on a political road and not a scientific one with a second wave of infection more than less likely. The trade off is getting the economy moving and I understand the importance of that but had they introduced the lockdown earlier and with less loopholes so no one was under any illusion we would have (probably) been on top of it a month ago.

The virus seems to be virtually gone in this area. Let's hope it the beginning of the end of this phase, though I'm sure it will back with a vengeance in the Winter. No doubt lessons need to be learned though...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Jun 2 2020, 06:05 PM
Post #562

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,341

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Jun 2 2020, 01:16 PM) *
The virus seems to be virtually gone in this area. Let's hope it the beginning of the end of this phase, though I'm sure it will back with a vengeance in the Winter. No doubt lessons need to be learned though...

The world loves an optimist. They have learnt nothing from the last 4 months and seem incapable of doing so. To much reliance on a vaccine being available by the autumn has clouded their judgement at every stage and the enormity of one never being developed is starting to sink home. Covid 19 may be around for a lot longer than readers of this forum or it could mutate further and disappear from the human host for a thousand years. Fascinating stuff but scant consolation to those who have suffered.

--------------------
Si non prius succederent.......... relinquere

+Quote Post
Mr Brown
post Yesterday, 05:38 AM
Post #563

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,072

QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Jun 2 2020, 07:05 PM) *
The world loves an optimist. They have learnt nothing from the last 4 months and seem incapable of doing so. To much reliance on a vaccine being available by the autumn has clouded their judgement at every stage and the enormity of one never being developed is starting to sink home. Covid 19 may be around for a lot longer than readers of this forum or it could mutate further and disappear from the human host for a thousand years. Fascinating stuff but scant consolation to those who have suffered.

And scant consolation to those with reason still to worry. Perhaps to ponder if there is a greater power at work.

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Yesterday, 08:17 AM
Post #564

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,341

QUOTE (Mr Brown @ Jun 3 2020, 06:38 AM) *
And scant consolation to those with reason still to worry. Perhaps to ponder if there is a greater power at work.

Time for the conspiracy theory brigade to swing into action but to be honest I don't think the shower in charge are capable of implementing a hidden agenda even if they had the dubious ability of creating one. Most of our ills are down to the great unwashed following the extremely ambiguous guidelines and not using their common sense. A lot of families are going to suffer the associated trauma of this pandemic for a long period to come but that somehow seems inexplicably acceptable.

--------------------
Si non prius succederent.......... relinquere

+Quote Post

29 Pages V  « < 27 28 29
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th June 2020 - 04:48 AM