> Grid-lock
dannyboy
post Aug 19 2009, 03:59 PM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 51

QUOTE (JeffG @ Aug 18 2009, 10:55 PM) *
In fact I did know how pedestrian lights work before your explanation smile.gif. Hence my somewhat facetious reply.

As for empty crossings, it's the thoughtless idiots who press the button first, then seeing the road is clear, cross over, leaving cars pointlessly sitting at the lights when they finally change.

I took your initial post to meamn that you thought they were working on a timed loop, but not synchronised to the main lights.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Aug 19 2009, 05:04 PM
Post #22

Advanced Member

Member No.: 20

So I take it that there wasn't a specific reason for there to be almost grid-lock in Newbury on Sunday lunchtime?

+Quote Post
blackdog
post Aug 19 2009, 05:14 PM
Post #23

Advanced Member

Member No.: 130

QUOTE (GMR @ Aug 17 2009, 11:11 AM) *
It will force people to get on their bike or shop outside of Newbury. Most people can’t stand shopping in Newbury anymore because of a lack of parking space and the attitude of wardens anyway.

I never have any problem parking in Newbury there is always space. And the traffic moves pretty freely if there isn't a blockage caused by a breakdown or roadworks.

I am constantly bemused by complaints of 'gridlock' anywhere except Hambridge Rd (the A4/Hambridge Road junction is overloaded every evening).

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Aug 19 2009, 05:26 PM
Post #24

Advanced Member

Member No.: 20

QUOTE (blackdog @ Aug 19 2009, 06:14 PM) *
I am constantly bemused by complaints of 'gridlock' anywhere except Hambridge Rd (the A4/Hambridge Road junction is overloaded every evening).

There were queues at the Burger King Roundabout at 12:10 last Sunday that were the equivalent of 08:00, Monday morning. This was unusual and I'd be interested in knowing why.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 04:31 AM