Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Debenhams Outlet, Closing Down
Huni-Buni21
post Jun 25 2014, 09:09 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,056

Gutted to say I have heard the sad news from Debenhams Outlet that they are closing down in September sad.gif have loved shopping there and will be shame to see it go and leave such a big empty store in kennet centre questions now what will go in its place ??
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Biker1
post Jun 25 2014, 09:37 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 103

QUOTE (Huni-Buni21 @ Jun 25 2014, 10:09 PM) *
Gutted to say I have heard the sad news from Debenhams Outlet that they are closing down in September sad.gif have loved shopping there and will be shame to see it go and leave such a big empty store in kennet centre questions now what will go in its place ??

A 98p store??

The Kennet Centre is dying on it's feet.
As predicted, there is not really room for two shopping malls in Newbury.
New Cex store opened there though, but have you seen their prices for second hand goods. ohmy.gif
I think I'll stick with ebay!

+Quote Post
Huni-Buni21
post Jun 25 2014, 09:47 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 6,056

QUOTE (Biker1 @ Jun 25 2014, 10:37 PM) *
A 98p store??
The Kennet Centre is dying on it's feet.
As predicted, there is not really room for two shopping malls in Newbury.
New Cex store opened there though, but have you seen their prices for second hand goods. ohmy.gif
I think I'll stick with ebay!

lol ya never know or another bloody coffee shop or charity shop what happening with all the food outets that meant to be opening by the cinema 5 years and only nandos wow long time waiting ? the kennet centre is struggling no good shops left anymore i do find myself going down to parkway now more just because i am always in newlook, superdry and accessorize I have gone off peacocks they dont have a good range anymore which is shame and tk maxx i cant stand. I was so glad to see cex open some of there prices are really good but others really expensive especially there xbox one and ps4 there second hand prices are basically the price i could buy it brand new ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
spartacus
post Jun 25 2014, 10:53 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 221

QUOTE (Huni-Buni21 @ Jun 25 2014, 10:47 PM) *
i am always in ....superdry... I have gone off peacocks they dont have a good range anymore which is shame

A pair of socks Peacocks - £1.50. In Superdry £17! Peacocks may not have the range but they make a decent stab with the price

+Quote Post
Exhausted
post Jun 26 2014, 06:20 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 320

QUOTE (spartacus @ Jun 25 2014, 11:53 PM) *
A pair of socks Peacocks - £1.50. In Superdry £17! Peacocks may not have the range but they make a decent stab with the price

I'm afraid that I am a B&Q person and can't say that I have found anything in the Kennet Shopping that makes me want to have a look in, the same applies to Parkway other than M&S are sort of in there.

However, today I needed a couple of manly things and as I was up the top of the hill popped into Homebase. Wow what a makeover that shop has had. Welcoming staff and it has totally changed from a not very good DiY shop to an impressive home décor shop. Take a visit, worth the effort but probably not at the weekend.

+Quote Post
Nothing Much
post Jun 26 2014, 06:57 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 6,171

Glad to hear the Homebase visit was worth a trip up the hill.
Miss NM has been gradually treading up the rungs as a buyer for Habitat for some time now.
Their big move has been into setting up outlets in Homebase stores.
Not as manly as a power drill but the candles are to die for.
ce

+Quote Post
JeffG
post Jun 26 2014, 08:40 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 56

QUOTE (Exhausted @ Jun 26 2014, 07:20 PM) *
I'm afraid that I am a B&Q person

You wear do-it-yourself socks? (I hope you are not knitting at the same time as hogging the middle lane!) smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 03:33 AM