Reply to this topicStart new topic
> CoronaVirus, Nature will find a way
Andy1
post Sep 10 2020, 08:20 AM
Post #601

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 121

Testing centres have not started popping up everywhere. MTU's both drive-in and hybrid have been established for months. Maybe if we stop testing, the virus will go away. I seem to remember another idiot saying something similar.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Sep 10 2020, 11:09 AM
Post #602

Advanced Member

Member No.: 60

QUOTE (Andy1 @ Sep 10 2020, 09:20 AM) *
Testing centres have not started popping up everywhere. MTU's both drive-in and hybrid have been established for months. Maybe if we stop testing, the virus will go away. I seem to remember another idiot saying something similar.

I'm looking forward to being a Covid Marshall. You get a brown shirt and a Taser. Marvellous.👍

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Sep 10 2020, 11:20 AM
Post #603

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,341

QUOTE (Andy1 @ Sep 10 2020, 09:20 AM) *

Us "idiots" need to stick together. laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
Si non prius succederent.......... relinquere

+Quote Post
newres
post Sep 10 2020, 12:23 PM
Post #604

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,961

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Sep 10 2020, 12:09 PM) *
I'm looking forward to being a Covid Marshall. You get a brown shirt and a Taser. Marvellous.👍

I was utterly appalled by that. You'll know the sorts of c***s that will apply.

+Quote Post
Andy1
post Sep 10 2020, 02:46 PM
Post #605

Advanced Member

QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Sep 10 2020, 12:20 PM) *
Us "idiots" need to stick together. laugh.gif laugh.gif

The idiot in question was Trump, so fair enough. Suggesting that the increase in cases was due to the increase in testing. Test less, problem solved.

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Sep 10 2020, 06:17 PM
Post #606

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Andy1 @ Sep 10 2020, 03:46 PM) *
The idiot in question was Trump, so fair enough. Suggesting that the increase in cases was due to the increase in testing. Test less, problem solved.

Actually he is not that far off the mark, even if he is to obtuse to realise it. Testing will undoubtedly lead to an increase in infection owing to an increase in population movement. One needs to offset that against having a clearer picture of the data. Personally I wouldn't cross the road to be tested but I understand the importance of needing the information.
The increase in cases may also be down to the increased wearing of face coverings. Shoot me down if you like but even the scientific advisers are split on this one.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Andy1
post Sep 11 2020, 06:22 AM
Post #607

Advanced Member

QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Sep 10 2020, 07:17 PM) *
Actually he is not that far off the mark, even if he is to obtuse to realise it. Testing will undoubtedly lead to an increase in infection owing to an increase in population movement. One needs to offset that against having a clearer picture of the data. Personally I wouldn't cross the road to be tested but I understand the importance of needing the information.
The increase in cases may also be down to the increased wearing of face coverings. Shoot me down if you like but even the scientific advisers are split on this one.

Ok, if you say so. So the mass spread of the virus around the world was because people wore face masks.

+Quote Post
Andy1
post Sep 11 2020, 06:22 AM
Post #608

Advanced Member

QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Sep 10 2020, 07:17 PM) *

Ok, if you say so. So the mass spread of the virus around the world was because people wore face masks. The Earth being flat probably didn't help either.

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Sep 11 2020, 09:08 AM
Post #609

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Andy1 @ Sep 11 2020, 07:22 AM) *
Ok, if you say so. So the mass spread of the virus around the world was because people wore face masks. The Earth being flat probably didn't help either.

I agree that if the world was spherical at least some would fall off it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Sep 11 2020, 06:18 PM
Post #610

Advanced Member

QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Sep 11 2020, 10:08 AM) *
I agree that if the world was spherical at least some would fall off it.

All the Covid Marshall jobs seem to finish at 1730.
The only people being cautioned will be old biddies.
Guess they are not keen on enforcing social distancing outside Wetherspoons on a Friday night..

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Sep 12 2020, 12:59 PM
Post #611

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Sep 11 2020, 07:18 PM) *
All the Covid Marshall jobs seem to finish at 1730.
The only people being cautioned will be old biddies.
Guess they are not keen on enforcing social distancing outside Wetherspoons on a Friday night..

A nine to five job eh. Wouldn't mind doing that to supplement the old pension. Even supply my own pickaxe handle.

--------------------

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Nov 25 2020, 09:56 PM
Post #612

Advanced Member

So... QQ...

Who is going to be 1st in the queue for a vaccine?

I will defo want it...but must admit I'd like to see a few others take it first... It will be interesting to see the criteria that selects the people to be first on the list.

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Dec 15 2020, 08:30 PM
Post #613

Advanced Member

Newbury is screwed then. Tier 3 here we come.

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Dec 16 2020, 03:03 PM
Post #614

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Nov 25 2020, 09:56 PM) *
So... QQ...

Who is going to be 1st in the queue for a vaccine?

I will defo want it...but must admit I'd like to see a few others take it first... It will be interesting to see the criteria that selects the people to be first on the list.

If the vaccination rate is anything like the rest of this debacle then I can see you being offered it in April 2028. (Yes twenty eight!)
Vaccination good.....Waiting months to receive it, not so good. rolleyes.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Dec 16 2020, 05:29 PM
Post #615

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,530

Who needs alien space lizard squeezings anyway. Tinfoil hat to defy 5g, dig out that Bezos chip from your arm and you're home free.

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Dec 16 2020, 09:15 PM
Post #616

Advanced Member

QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Dec 16 2020, 03:03 PM) *
If the vaccination rate is anything like the rest of this debacle then I can see you being offered it in April 2028. (Yes twenty eight!)
Vaccination good.....Waiting months to receive it, not so good. rolleyes.gif

We will all be dead by then of mutant ninja Corona 2020.

https://www.newburytoday.co.uk/news/coronav...e-increase.html

Spreading like wildfire in Newbury. And St Barts is still.open. WTF?

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Dec 17 2020, 08:49 PM
Post #617

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Dec 16 2020, 09:15 PM) *
We will all be dead by then of mutant ninja Corona 2020.

https://www.newburytoday.co.uk/news/coronav...e-increase.html

Spreading like wildfire in Newbury. And St Barts is still.open. WTF?

Maybe, just maybe the increase in positive test results has more to do with an increase in testing as opposed to an increase in infection?
Has the hospitalisation rate increased? Certainly the death numbers are not rising or the press would be screaming from the pulpit.
Considering that seasonal influenza is also a "Corona" virus and it has already been established that our testing system is anything but "world beating", (Boris speak), I wonder how muddy the water is.

Still with xmas cancelled it will save telling the carol singers to bugger off.

--------------------

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Dec 17 2020, 09:37 PM
Post #618

Advanced Member

QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Dec 17 2020, 08:49 PM) *
Maybe, just maybe the increase in positive test results has more to do with an increase in testing as opposed to an increase in infection?
Has the hospitalisation rate increased? Certainly the death numbers are not rising or the press would be screaming from the pulpit.
Considering that seasonal influenza is also a "Corona" virus and it has already been established that our testing system is anything but "world beating", (Boris speak), I wonder how muddy the water is.

Still with xmas cancelled it will save telling the carol singers to bugger off.

The testing has been pretty consistent for the last few months so that would suggest a big spike in this area. If they test all the kids (which they plan to do) cases will then rocket!!

As for Xmas. I just feel sorry for the old folk. No one else.

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Dec 20 2020, 09:51 AM
Post #619

Advanced Member

So now we are "enjoying" the privilege of being in Tier 4. So devastating is this virus that Whitty and the Wanders, (the present day pied pipers), are so concerned of people are dropping dead in the streets they have to introduce a new level of control.
Mutation of the virus they scream. Well most viruses do this, it is part of their construction.

Quick straw poll of those who care to read this; how many people do you know who have actually been hospitalised, or worse, over the last month? I am expecting a figure of between 1 and 3 depending on the total number of individuals you actually know
Now take away the over 70's, (includes me), those with underlying problems and I think the figure will be at a level you may start to question the current approach.
I will try to adhere to the present guidelines, (if I could understand them), but I do worry for our future with such individuals in charge.

--------------------

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Dec 20 2020, 11:45 AM
Post #620

Advanced Member

QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Dec 20 2020, 09:51 AM) *
So now we are "enjoying" the privilege of being in Tier 4. So devastating is this virus that Whitty and the Wanders, (the present day pied pipers), are so concerned of people are dropping dead in the streets they have to introduce a new level of control.
Mutation of the virus they scream. Well most viruses do this, it is part of their construction.

Quick straw poll of those who care to read this; how many people do you know who have actually been hospitalised, or worse, over the last month? I am expecting a figure of between 1 and 3 depending on the total number of individuals you actually know
Now take away the over 70's, (includes me), those with underlying problems and I think the figure will be at a level you may start to question the current approach.
I will try to adhere to the present guidelines, (if I could understand them), but I do worry for our future with such individuals in charge.

0 and 0 Sir Will, and hospitals are at 85% capacity (95% this time last year)...makes you think something else is going on... meanwhile..hast du deine papier?

+Quote Post

35 Pages V  « < 29 30 31 32 33 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
6 User(s) are reading this topic (6 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:35 AM