IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Incident at London Bridge, Why do Abbott and co insist on calling them "Incidents"
Simon Kirby
post Jun 6 2017, 07:59 AM
Post #101

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,011

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Jun 6 2017, 08:22 AM) *
What would you do with the other lovely flag wavers in that C4 documentary? Tea and biscuits and ask them to be nice?

I'd start by electing a Labour government to reverse the Tory cuts that saw Theresa May reduce the police force by 20,000 bobbies on the beat, and if you'd rather not be taxed to pay for that then I'm more than happy not to renew Trident and we can use some of that £200Billion to promote social justice.

I'd also stop selling arms to foreign despots and return the army to barracks, and that I'd start developing renewable energy in ernest so that we didn't need to depend on foreign tyrants for our power and light. I'd also give some thought to improving British agriculture so that we weren't also totally dependent on imports to feed the population, because that really is asking for trouble - actually, if more people had allotments and spent less time being unpleasant to each other the world might be a better place.

--------------------
Right an injustice - give Simon Kirby his allotment back!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Jun 6 2017, 08:43 AM
Post #102

Advanced Member

Member No.: 98

QUOTE (x2lls @ Jun 6 2017, 12:54 AM) *
I would add, from what I read in other comments on this thread, there is an accusation of identifying terrorists by the way they look. Our security agencies are looking at digital/online activity, which will show a good more than the silly notion of what you look like. Why has the online trail not been mentioned?

Mainly because it's the wetware physically delivering the damage. Of course looking online is included, indeed, it would be naive to think that isn't already happening and probably far more than we might imagine. What proof? look at the phone tapping evidence and look at just how many potential threats have been stopped. Of course, we aren't going to be told everything for obvious reasons.

However, as even the big firms are trying to tell the MPs, apart from the bl33ding obvious, what are they supposed to be barring and taking down.

I'm pretty convinced in Google's survelance process sees a website called 'Non Violent Friends of ISIS' with a chat room where someone is asking about home made effects to celebrate 11.11. it wouldn't last long and that someone can expect a visit.

That apart, as you are clearly in IT I'm surprised you haven't come up with a clear workable solution.

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Jun 6 2017, 08:49 AM
Post #103

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,530

QUOTE (Simon Kirby @ Jun 6 2017, 07:37 AM) *
I knock one smear down and you stand another one up.

Not a smear though, is it. Maybe it's just satire, your fond of that. And feeding unicorns with fairy mushrooms.

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Jun 6 2017, 08:50 AM
Post #104

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Simon Kirby @ Jun 6 2017, 08:59 AM) *
I'd start by electing a Labour government to reverse the Tory cuts that saw Theresa May reduce the police force by 20,000 bobbies on the beat, and if you'd rather not be taxed to pay for that then I'm more than happy not to renew Trident and we can use some of that £200Billion to promote social justice.

I'd also stop selling arms to foreign despots and return the army to barracks, and that I'd start developing renewable energy in ernest so that we didn't need to depend on foreign tyrants for our power and light. I'd also give some thought to improving British agriculture so that we weren't also totally dependent on imports to feed the population, because that really is asking for trouble - actually, if more people had allotments and spent less time being unpleasant to each other the world might be a better place.

Straight from the momentum little book of lies, comes complete with pop-up slogans for the weak minded.

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Jun 6 2017, 09:01 AM
Post #105

Advanced Member

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Jun 6 2017, 09:50 AM) *
Straight from the momentum little book of lies, comes complete with pop-up slogans for the weak minded.

I bet your laundry bill is getting big Je Suis as you see each days poll prediction! Never has Mayday, Mayday as a distress call been more appropriate.

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Jun 6 2017, 09:06 AM
Post #106

Advanced Member

QUOTE (On the edge @ Jun 6 2017, 10:01 AM) *
I bet your laundry bill is getting big Je Suis as you see each days poll prediction! Never has Mayday, Mayday as a distress call been more appropriate.

I ain't worried, even if enough fools get schilled by this little snake oil salesman I'll still be alright jack. Come out of investment that's requires the stock exchange and bury the cash. Oh, and still looking at bulk buying body bags to sell on, get em cheap while they're still available.

+Quote Post
Turin Machine
post Jun 6 2017, 09:13 AM
Post #107

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,104

QUOTE (On the edge @ Jun 6 2017, 09:43 AM) *
Mainly because it's the wetware physically delivering the damage. Of course looking online is included, indeed, it would be naive to think that isn't already happening and probably far more than we might imagine. What proof? look at the phone tapping evidence and look at just how many potential threats have been stopped. Of course, we aren't going to be told everything for obvious reasons.

However, as even the big firms are trying to tell the MPs, apart from the bl33ding obvious, what are they supposed to be barring and taking down.

I'm pretty convinced in Google's survelance process sees a website called 'Non Violent Friends of ISIS' with a chat room where someone is asking about home made effects to celebrate 11.11. it wouldn't last long and that someone can expect a visit.

That apart, as you are clearly in IT I'm surprised you haven't come up with a clear workable solution.

👍. My concerns would center mainly around sites like WhatsApp, where you can send as much information as you like and it's encrypted. That can't be good for security. Then we have the problems of VPM's and I don't see an answer for that.

--------------------
Gammon. And proud!

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Jun 6 2017, 09:20 AM
Post #108

Advanced Member

"Diane Abbott pulls out of Woman's Hour debate due to illness"

Does anybody actually believe anything these people say anymore?
I know she's got a big mouth but her foots been in it so much lately the 'leadership' 😂 are running scared.

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Jun 6 2017, 09:48 AM
Post #109

Advanced Member

Member No.: 60

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Jun 6 2017, 10:20 AM) *

I know she's got a big mouth but her foots been in it so much lately the 'leadership' 😂 are running scared.

Incompetent. Corbyn should get rid now. Otherwise it could possibly cost him a million votes.

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Jun 6 2017, 09:55 AM
Post #110

Advanced Member

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Jun 6 2017, 10:06 AM) *
I ain't worried, even if enough fools get schilled by this little snake oil salesman I'll still be alright jack. Come out of investment that's requires the stock exchange and bury the cash. Oh, and still looking at bulk buying body bags to sell on, get em cheap while they're still available.

Well there you go then! Body bags being a good investment; indeed I've heard that suggested by both sides in this debate so you are onto a winner there. Liquidate and go cash, ok, but precious metal better of course (but you know that) and perhaps Phil Green has a spare berth on his boat. Good sailing; keep happy!

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Jun 6 2017, 09:56 AM
Post #111

Advanced Member

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Jun 6 2017, 10:20 AM) *

No; as Mother Theresa keeps on demonstrating!

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Jun 6 2017, 09:59 AM
Post #112

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Jun 6 2017, 10:48 AM) *
Incompetent. Corbyn should get rid now. Otherwise it could possibly cost him a million votes.

TDH that post doesn't make sense! Why on earth would you want to stop Mt Corbyn losing votes? I'm beginning to suspect your red flag is safely stowed under your bed waiting for election day plus one and if the climate is right out it comes.

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Jun 6 2017, 10:11 AM
Post #113

Advanced Member

QUOTE (On the edge @ Jun 6 2017, 10:59 AM) *
TDH that post doesn't make sense! Why on earth would you want to stop Mt Corbyn losing votes? I'm beginning to suspect your red flag is safely stowed under your bed waiting for election day plus one and if the climate is right out it comes.

Yup, agree, put her in the media eye as much as, let's all see how competent she will be as home secretary. How many police is it Diane? Five? That's what those two remind me of! Anyone remember Benny? "Ello mizz Diane". "Ello Benny, can I borrows yer calci thing? I needs t count me fingers like". Oh Diane, pure comedy gold! You know I'm right.

+Quote Post
Simon Kirby
post Jun 6 2017, 10:24 AM
Post #114

Advanced Member

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Jun 6 2017, 09:49 AM) *
Not a smear though, is it. Maybe it's just satire, your fond of that. And feeding unicorns with fairy mushrooms.

OK, but that's not debate, you're just being fascile. Do you not want to talk about this politely?

--------------------

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Jun 6 2017, 10:33 AM
Post #115

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Simon Kirby @ Jun 6 2017, 11:24 AM) *
OK, but that's not debate, you're just being fascile. Do you not want to talk about this politely?

You don't want debate, you just want us all to love Saint Jeremy, "Dear Jeremy, I voted for you, the nasty people at NTC took my allotment away, as I think your allotments great will you please tell them to give it back."

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Jun 6 2017, 11:38 AM
Post #116

Advanced Member

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Jun 6 2017, 11:33 AM) *
You don't want debate, you just want us all to love Saint Jeremy, "Dear Jeremy, I voted for you, the nasty people at NTC took my allotment away, as I think your allotments great will you please tell them to give it back."

TBH it's actually coming across as you not wanting to debate. As you've already said, you'll be ok, so what is it you are so scared of?

If it's security, using business logic, Mrs May isn't going to help. Drastically reducing Police effectiveness is hardly an endorsement for success. Then there is the Ozzie Osbo legacy to look forward to; yeah, he's created loads of jobs, but by his own admission, something wrong with the pay! At least if we have a Labour Government we'll be able to afford your body bags.

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
Turin Machine
post Jun 6 2017, 03:54 PM
Post #117

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,104

Sadly, despite having Paris on high alert with more armed police than you can shake a cheese baguette at;

"BREAKING NEWS: Terror in Paris as hammer-wielding man is shot by police after attacking an officer as streets are cleared and tourists are locked in Notre Dame Cathedral for their safety"

As in London, he was bought down but, no one was able to prevent it happening. cool.gif

--------------------
Gammon. And proud!

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Jun 6 2017, 05:26 PM
Post #118

Advanced Member

And Labour play the race card! (well, it is Labour)

"Labour supporters today dismissed criticism of Diane Abbott over her shambolic media performances as down to 'racist and sexist abuse'.

Singer Lily Allen hit out after the shadow home secretary was ridiculed for another car crash interview.

Ms Abbott was left floundering on Sky News when she was asked to discuss the Harris Report, released last October, which made several recommendations on beefing up security in the capital.

But after being questioned by Dermot Murnaghan on specific aspects of the report a desperate Ms Abbott was unable to come up with answers and even had to be corrected by the interviewer."

Heres a tip LILY, Its not because its racist, and its not because its sexist, ITS because she can't hack it!! Supposed to be shadow Home Secretary for Gods sake. Get a spine.

+Quote Post
Simon Kirby
post Jun 6 2017, 05:36 PM
Post #119

Advanced Member

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Jun 6 2017, 06:26 PM) *
And Labour play the race card! (well, it is Labour)

"Labour supporters today dismissed criticism of Diane Abbott over her shambolic media performances as down to 'racist and sexist abuse'.

Singer Lily Allen hit out after the shadow home secretary was ridiculed for another car crash interview.

Ms Abbott was left floundering on Sky News when she was asked to discuss the Harris Report, released last October, which made several recommendations on beefing up security in the capital.

But after being questioned by Dermot Murnaghan on specific aspects of the report a desperate Ms Abbott was unable to come up with answers and even had to be corrected by the interviewer."

Heres a tip LILY, Its not because its racist, and its not because its sexist, ITS because she can't hack it!! Supposed to be shadow Home Secretary for Gods sake. Get a spine.

*coughs* Daily Mail

--------------------

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Jun 6 2017, 05:38 PM
Post #120

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Simon Kirby @ Jun 6 2017, 06:36 PM) *
*coughs* Daily Mail

And? The tweets are real, the stories real. But hey its the mail so it must have been made up by pixies.

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 03:46 PM