Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Visitors from outer space come to Newbury
GMR
post Jul 29 2009, 11:15 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 33

WE’VE BEEN VISITED...... NO! Not by tourists... well, not earthly tourists but from thousands... nay, millions of miles up. Yes, aliens have come to Newbury to see if there is any intelligent life here. A quick sweep – a couple of seconds, if that – and they’ll discover what most of the inhabitants outside Newbury already knew; there isn’t any.

They say the skies are alive with the sound of music, and if that music is the drone of little shuttlecrafts descending from the Borg mothership - if it is the Borg, then again I might have been watching too much telly laugh.gif - to assimilate us then the skies are certainly alive. What I know of the Borg they are not that fussy whether we’ve got intelligent life or not, their only thoughts are towards simulations.

Taken from NewburyToday's main page.

Buzz on national UFO forums as strange light formations spotted gliding over West Berkshire skies

WEST Berkshire is causing a buzz on national UFO forums again as a strange light formation was spotted gliding across Newbury skies.
A couple named Julia and Stuart Owen reported “three reddish orange balls of light in a single line formation, completely silent just gliding through the sky” to to the online UK UFO Sightings website.
They added the phenomenon, seen at 10.15pm in Newbury on July 18 was “not as high as a plane and travelling from west to east.”
Many sightings of orange lights have been dismissed as ‘UFO lanterns’ - miniature, transparent craft borne aloft by candlepower.
However, not all such incidents can be dismissed so easily.
Several people witnessed an unusual V-shaped formation in the skies over Greenham several weeks ago which appeared to hover silently before winking out symmetrically from top to bottom, as if turned off at a timed switch.
The area has been a hotspot for unidentified aerial phenomena since the 1950s.

I’ve been praying that they would come back and take me home wink.gif

On a more serious not; do you believe that we've been visited by alien crafts? If yes could you also confirm that you've been certified and are currently in a nice cozy cell? laugh.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Darren
post Jul 30 2009, 05:24 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 61

I'd say it's a case of take more water with it. Either that or don't inhale.

+Quote Post
Simon
post Jul 30 2009, 08:12 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 18

I would like to think we have been visted but have never seen anything myself. It would be most depressing if we were the only planet with life in the whole of space.

Just look at the stars, there must be something out there

--------------------
If I ruled the world.......

+Quote Post
GMR
post Jul 30 2009, 09:43 AM
Post #4

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Simon @ Jul 30 2009, 09:12 AM) *
I would like to think we have been visted but have never seen anything myself. It would be most depressing if we were the only planet with life in the whole of space.

100% agree with you. There is something out there; the odds are staked in that favour. However, I don't believe they've visited us 'yet'.

+Quote Post
Darren
post Jul 30 2009, 12:18 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

They have visited, taken one good look and gone scurrying back from whence they came.

+Quote Post
Andy
post Jul 30 2009, 12:25 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 26

They visited, couldn't find anywhere to park and left to go to Basingstoke laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Jul 30 2009, 12:31 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 20

QUOTE (Simon @ Jul 30 2009, 09:12 AM) *

And that is one of the sceptics biggest arguments against. The odds of something finding us are immense. If we are found, we might not even recognise it.

+Quote Post
Good Boy Racer
post Jul 30 2009, 06:14 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Member No.: 22

I actually got a recording of it when i saw one of the lights go over Thatcham Broadway. But i deleted it afterwards because you couldn't see it very well. It was a chinese lanturn... i know someone that put one together and it worked just like the one on the night. I know its a chinese lanturn because it was flickering just like a candle. Do some research on them, i would think u could buy the parts off ebay.

--------------------
"Quick, Hide something that looks like fun!"

+Quote Post
GMR
post Jul 30 2009, 06:58 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Iommi @ Jul 30 2009, 01:31 PM) *
And that is one of the sceptics biggest arguments against. The odds of something finding us are immense. If we are found, we might not even recognise it.

I've always believed that I am not from this planet.... if that is any help? wink.gif

+Quote Post
lordtup
post Jul 30 2009, 07:20 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Member No.: 164

Not having any great wish to confirm myself non compos mentis to those of you who already had an inkling, I have had first hand experience of the sort of events that would lend credence to the argument.
So if anyone would like to contact me directly I would be more than happy to chat, but bona fide inquiries only please

--------------------
Rem tene verba sequentur

+Quote Post
GMR
post Jul 30 2009, 07:24 PM
Post #11

Advanced Member

QUOTE (lordtup @ Jul 30 2009, 08:20 PM) *
Not having any great wish to confirm myself non compos mentis to those of you who already had an inkling, I have had first hand experience of the sort of events that would lend credence to the argument.
So if anyone would like to contact me directly I would be more than happy to chat, but bona fide inquiries only please

Are you saying lunatics are not welcome? Isn't that a form of discrimination? laugh.gif

By the way; what is the difference?

+Quote Post
dannyboy
post Jul 31 2009, 09:57 AM
Post #12

Advanced Member

Member No.: 51

QUOTE (Darren @ Jul 30 2009, 01:18 PM) *
They have visited, taken one good look and gone scurrying back from whence they came.

A C Clarke had the best suggestion - That as 'intelligent ' life has only been on this planet for such as short time the chances are that the planet has been visited & ignored as being of no interest.

If geological time was reduced to 1 year, the modern man didn't appear until 11:48pm on December 31st. Recorded history, say the last 5500 years accounts for only 37 seconds of that year. So, it is far more likely that the planet was visited prior to these last 37 seconds.

His short story 'The Sentinel' , which was to become the basis for '2001' expands on this idea.

+Quote Post
Darren
post Jul 31 2009, 01:51 PM
Post #13

Advanced Member

They came. They Saw. They did a little shopping

+Quote Post
GMR
post Jul 31 2009, 01:58 PM
Post #14

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Darren @ Jul 31 2009, 02:51 PM) *
They came. They Saw. They did a little shoppingk

Are you saying it was more about shopping than conquering? Personally I think the people of Newbury are gradually being replaced my superior and intelligent beings; granted there are no signs of it so far. But maybe that is their master plan, act stupid to blend in with the citizens of Newbury.... and I must say it seems to be working if they are here laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Strafin
post Jul 31 2009, 03:08 PM
Post #15

Advanced Member

Member No.: 55

QUOTE (Andy @ Jul 30 2009, 01:25 PM) *
They visited, couldn't find anywhere to park and left to go to Basingstoke laugh.gif

Ha ha! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
lordtup
post Jul 31 2009, 07:11 PM
Post #16

Advanced Member

Member No.: 164

QUOTE (GMR @ Jul 30 2009, 08:24 PM) *
Are you saying lunatics are not welcome? Isn't that a form of discrimination? laugh.gif

By the way; what is the difference?

The difference between lunacy and intellectual brilliance is a fine line.
Which side I reside rests with my peers, but you are more than welcome to speculate

--------------------
Rem tene verba sequentur

+Quote Post
Chestnuttrish
post Jul 31 2009, 07:14 PM
Post #17

Member No.: 232

QUOTE (Strafin @ Jul 31 2009, 04:08 PM) *
Ha ha! laugh.gif

yes, like this too

+Quote Post
GMR
post Jul 31 2009, 07:19 PM
Post #18

Advanced Member

QUOTE (lordtup @ Jul 31 2009, 08:11 PM) *
The difference between lunacy and intellectual brilliance is a fine line.
Which side I reside rests with my peers, but you are more than welcome to speculate

I wouldn't dream wink.gif ; I'll let the aura of madness just hang over us smile.gif

+Quote Post
Darren
post Jul 31 2009, 10:35 PM
Post #19

Advanced Member

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.”

Calvin & Hobbes

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 06:13 PM