IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Is the cost of a Control Tower a huge distribution centre on Greenham?, Julian Swift-Hook to remain quiet about the warehouse
Andy Capp
post Jan 11 2014, 10:38 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 317

One thing that has just occurred to me, after reading the latest Greenham News, not a pip about the meeting to approve the new huge warehouse on Greenham Common. Perhaps being quiet is something Julian Swift-Hook felt he must be to help secure his 'pet' project?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Simon Kirby
post Jan 11 2014, 12:46 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,011

Yes, where is our pop-up politico, not like swift-half to be so reticent.

--------------------
Right an injustice - give Simon Kirby his allotment back!

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Jan 11 2014, 06:33 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Yes, I find it incredible that he has nothing to say on the matter. Something that could have such a profound effect on the parish. It is at very least a significant development. Presumably he is too busy with viewing platforms or local radio stations. Or is it that he couldn't get a name plaque placed on a warehouse.

+Quote Post
Cognosco
post Jan 11 2014, 07:12 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,212

QUOTE (Andy Capp @ Jan 11 2014, 06:33 PM) *
Yes, I find it incredible that he has nothing to say on the matter. Something that could have such a profound effect on the parish. It is at very least a significant development. Presumably he is too busy with viewing platforms or local radio stations. Or is that he couldn't get a name plaque placed on a warehouse.

Or he could be too busy fending off Ruwan regarding the Alottmentgate scandal? cool.gif

See User you are not the only one able to deflect a post! tongue.gif

--------------------
Vexatious Candidate?

+Quote Post
Simon Kirby
post Jan 11 2014, 07:18 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Andy Capp @ Jan 11 2014, 06:33 PM) *
Yes, I find it incredible that he has nothing to say on the matter. Something that could have such a profound effect on the parish. It is at very least a significant development. Presumably he is too busy with viewing platforms or local radio stations. Or is that he couldn't get a name plaque placed on a warehouse.

Perhaps he missed the meeting where it was discussed. His attendance record wasn't the best I recall.

--------------------

+Quote Post
blackdog
post Jan 11 2014, 07:35 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 130

QUOTE (Simon Kirby @ Jan 11 2014, 07:18 PM) *
Perhaps he missed the meeting where it was discussed. His attendance record wasn't the best I recall.

Has it been discussed at a meeting? As far as I can see all that has happened is that the planning officer has given his or her opinion on the application. I assume the councillors will get their say at the next western area planning meeting (unless it is called in for consideration by the full council).

They may still refuse the application - but the last time (Beenham caravan site) they went against the officer's recommendation it cost them a bundle in legal fees as they lost on appeal.

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Jan 11 2014, 08:26 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

QUOTE (blackdog @ Jan 11 2014, 07:35 PM) *
Has it been discussed at a meeting? As far as I can see all that has happened is that the planning officer has given his or her opinion on the application. I assume the councillors will get their say at the next western area planning meeting (unless it is called in for consideration by the full council). They may still refuse the application - but the last time (Beenham caravan site) they went against the officer's recommendation it cost them a bundle in legal fees as they lost on appeal.

That suggest then that councillors are redundant; just go with what the officers say? The point I make is that nothing in the Greenham news letter. I wonder why?

+Quote Post
blackdog
post Jan 11 2014, 08:30 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Andy Capp @ Jan 11 2014, 08:26 PM) *
That suggest then that councillors are redundant - just go with what the officers say?

Sadly that is increasingly the case - especially in planning, where the government has lost patience with the way the planning system is preventing building and increasing the cost of building land.

QUOTE (Andy Capp @ Jan 11 2014, 08:26 PM) *
The point I make is that nothing in the Greenham news letter. I wonder why?

Fair point - why not send JSH an email and ask him?

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Jan 11 2014, 08:35 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

QUOTE (blackdog @ Jan 11 2014, 08:30 PM) *
Fair point - why not send JSH an email and ask him?

What and let him find out who I am? tongue.gif

I see the story is also 'buried' in the NWN too. The problem is, I understand that the decision will be made before another NWN edition.

+Quote Post
Exhausted
post Jan 12 2014, 01:13 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Member No.: 320

QUOTE (blackdog @ Jan 11 2014, 07:35 PM) *
Has it been discussed at a meeting? As far as I can see all that has happened is that the planning officer has given his or her opinion on the application. I assume the councillors will get their say at the next western area planning meeting (unless it is called in for consideration by the full council).

They may still refuse the application - but the last time (Beenham caravan site) they went against the officer's recommendation it cost them a bundle in legal fees as they lost on appeal.

The meeting of the Western Planning is on the 15th January with a site visit on 13th January.

Access to the meeting documentation
http://decisionmaking.westberks.gov.uk/doc...ng%20report.pdf

Recommend approval subject to S106 for highways of £185k. (Won't get much roadworks for this price) and strangely the old WBC back pocket S106 of £3.5k for libraries.

Apart from the locals and Greenham Parish Council, not much in the way of objections, including no objections from the Environment Agency, Eccological, Natural England and Basingstoke & Deane council. Environmental health have some recommendations on noise control and light pollution. (Largely ignored by planners)

Interesting that JSH was a director and trustee of Greenham Common Community trust from 2000-2005, not that there is anything to read into that.

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Jan 12 2014, 01:18 PM
Post #11

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Exhausted @ Jan 12 2014, 01:13 PM) *
The meeting of the Western Planning is on the 15th January with a site visit on 13th January.

Access to the meeting documentation
Planning meeting pdf

Recommend approval subject to S106 for highways of £185k. (Won't get much roadworks for this price) and strangely the old WBC back pocket S106 of £3.5k for libraries.

Apart from the locals and Greenham Parish Council, not much in the way of objections, including no objections from the Environment Agency, Eccological, Natural England and Basingstoke & Deane council. Environmental health have some recommendations on noise control and light pollution. (Largely ignored by planners)

Interesting that JSH was a director and trustee of Greenham Common Community trust from 2000-2005, not that there is anything to read into that.

That is around the time Sainsbury's was approved wasn't it?

+Quote Post
Exhausted
post Jan 12 2014, 01:29 PM
Post #12

Advanced Member

Member No.: 320

QUOTE (Andy Capp @ Jan 12 2014, 01:18 PM) *
That is around the time Sainsbury's was approved wasn't it?

Could be.... They, Sainsbury, obtained their planning permission in 2002.

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Jan 16 2014, 10:41 PM
Post #13

Advanced Member

Chief executive of Greenham Common Trust, Stuart Tagg: "“Everyone hated larger scale users – we have certainly taken that on board – but it seems to have turned on its head and no-one is so keen on smaller users. It is quite difficult to work out what people really want, except for the business park not to be there.”"

Link: Greenham distribution centre set to bring hundreds of lorries through Newbury and beyond

I think he's getting the message. Not that it will make any differenced. Here's to the next depot up there it seems. And no thanks to Greenham Councillors for keeping this quiet. There's no point in my saying I will not vote Lib Dem again, because I have already resolved to do that when Julian Swift-Hook and his chums endorsed the Sainsbury's depot.

+Quote Post
motormad
post Jan 16 2014, 10:45 PM
Post #14

Advanced Member

Member No.: 592

QUOTE (Exhausted @ Jan 12 2014, 01:29 PM) *
Could be.... They, Sainsbury, obtained their planning permission in 2002.

Ohhh... that's interesting.
Although if only it was Richard Garvie, working for Tesco. That would be ironic laugh.gif

--------------------
:p
Grammar: the difference between knowing your poop and knowing you're poop.

+Quote Post
Richard Garvie
post Jan 29 2014, 10:49 AM
Post #15

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,076

I left Tesco last summer thank you!!

Interesting that JSH is still pretending he is not blackdog!! And anyone else notice the flip flopping JSH has done over the various proposals for depots / employment at the common?

+Quote Post
motormad
post Jan 29 2014, 11:22 AM
Post #16

Advanced Member

Member No.: 592

Left or got let off.. laugh.gif

--------------------
:p
Grammar: the difference between knowing your poop and knowing you're poop.

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Jan 29 2014, 01:58 PM
Post #17

Advanced Member

The true identity of anyone on here is of no importance to me, the only thing I'd like or ask, is that people are genuine with their points of view.

+Quote Post
Cognosco
post Jan 29 2014, 04:38 PM
Post #18

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,212

QUOTE (Andy Capp @ Jan 29 2014, 01:58 PM) *
The true identity of anyone on here is of no importance to me, the only thing I'd like or ask, is that people are genuine with their points of view.

It would be far better if Councillors took part in discussions on here, same as Ruwan has put his head above the parapet although gone quiet lately, I see no difference in Councillors posting on here or standing on the town hall steps? Although last time I tried that as soon as I mentioned allotments they headed straight for the town hall and would not discuss anything further! angry.gif
This makes me convinced they will only discuss what they actually want to discuss and this is why they will not open them selves up to any sort of open debate. Transparency leaves them too vulnerable. rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Vexatious Candidate?

+Quote Post
blackdog
post Jan 29 2014, 04:40 PM
Post #19

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Richard Garvie @ Jan 29 2014, 10:49 AM) *
Interesting that JSH is still pretending he is not blackdog!!

Interesting that you are still under the delusion that he is.

+Quote Post
Simon Kirby
post Jan 29 2014, 04:58 PM
Post #20

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Cognosco @ Jan 29 2014, 04:38 PM) *
Although last time I tried that as soon as I mentioned allotments they headed straight for the town hall and would not discuss anything further! angry.gif

That was kind of you, thank you.

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:04 PM